Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And as far as this business blueprint goes..Is this something that's live now or yet to be launched? And as for everything else you said, I get it, totally. :oldthumbsup:

Sure. :)

I was called to the marketplace. The Holy Spirit gave me a business blueprint a few years ago. It's not in my area of expertise (finance) but represents a desire of my heart from childhood.

I'm in a season of ease. I've raised a daughter and don't have time or financial encumbrances. I can invest all my energy in its pursuit. I left the workforce several years ago and can live anywhere in the world. I am preparing to attend school overseas and will be studying for a few years. I anticipate 2 to 3 moves before returning to the U.S.

It's the public nature of my calling that's challenging. It requires a gentleman with good character, financial discipline and reputation. Femininity and a spirit a loveliness are its central points and its complement would articulate a healthy display of masculinity and godliness.

I don't have the liberty of curating my life. Authenticity is a must if I want to positively impact those I encounter. More importantly, it's not about hiding in the shadows. Opening up my home and life isn't for the faint of heart. And there are social obligations too. Legacy is a big part of this as is giving back. I am ill suited for the person who wants to burrow themselves at home or doesn't like visitors. The Lord didn't call me to a seat.

It would be inappropriate for me to be swayed by emotion. There is too much involved and it's not a lifestyle that many want or can live without complaint. Nor for someone who prefers the company of believers. That's not my ministry. And it isn't evangelism in the sense that most see. I'm called to those who have everything they need but lack the One True God.

I trust the Lord will bring us to the other in His appointed time. In the meantime, I'll continue to grow in Him.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Both, but I'm feeling disconnected. I hadn't put my finger on the reason until you posed your question. Thank you. :)
What? I don't understand your answer. I asked if your business has gotten off the ground or is still in planning stages.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What? I don't understand your answer. I asked if your business has gotten off the ground or is still in planning stages.

It's one of those random questions that prompts an a-ha moment. I understood what you meant but that's what ran across my thoughts. The disconnection I'm feeling in relation to the business. I tried to do something helpful but I don't have a burden for it and it isn't a passion. And it's affecting my writing.

Hence the thank you. That's why I'm blocked. :)

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have never attended a cuddle party and couldn't imagine doing so. Swingers say the same and I've heard similar verbiage from hedonists.

I see no difference between this and dry humping. It's a form of surrogacy to some degree.
At the many cuddle parties,that I have attended,no one has ever broken the rules. There has been no sexual activity, no touching without a verbal consent,no kissing,and no dry humping,as you put it,going on.
At the last party,the weather was perfect for a Cuddle Party. Because,it was cold and raining outside.The best thing about that was,during the 3 and 1/2 period,I asked four different women to cuddle with me.I figured,because of the cold,and rainy day,I would not get turned down. Because, women usually complain about being cold. And,women do not like the cold. And,I was right! Because every woman,when I asked,"Would you like to cuddle with me?",said,"Yes!" On warm afternoons,usually 50% of the women I ask,tell me,"No thank you." Then I tell the women,who rejected me,
"Thank you for taking care of yourself". That is a code phrase for "Do not worry,I am not going to try to force you to do anything that you do not want to do."

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think it's important to be honest with ourselves. It is better to acknowledge a weakness than rest in denial. It only complicates things down the road. There's nothing wrong with desiring a companion. And there's nothing wrong with longing for intimacy or missing it if you've experienced it before. That's perfectly natural.

Cuddling isn't the same thing as shaking hands or giving someone a hug. It's more intimate. And it isn't the sort of thing people generally do with strangers. Wanting to be held is normal. Enjoying the feel of someone in your arms isn't weird.

The thing about intimacy is it's usually private. Groups of men and women don't join together to cuddle, spoon, or anything related to that. And since there isn't anything sexual taking place it's easy to believe it's harmless.

The issue isn't the possibility of sex. It's the removal of your inhibitions. Openness always follows. That's why I mentioned swinging and hedonists. Most people aren't naturally wired that way and the majority were uncomfortable. But they became less so over time with familiarity.

The spiritual consequences of this is a spirit of perversion and that's how it comes in. It always begins with a lessening of inhibition and dulling of the senses. And it's very hard to get rid of. Lust will follow but he won't be first. You'll go further if your inhibition falls.

You cuddled with four different people in under four hours. How many men can say the same? The only ones who would are the people I mentioned and those who in polygamous relationships. I've known my share of each.

Time will tell if things are as you say. God bless.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think it's important to be honest with ourselves. It is better to acknowledge a weakness than rest in denial. It only complicates things down the road. There's nothing wrong with desiring a companion. And there's nothing wrong with longing for intimacy or missing it if you've experienced it before. That's perfectly natural.

Cuddling isn't the same thing as shaking hands or giving someone a hug. It's more intimate. And it isn't the sort of thing people generally do with strangers. Wanting to be held is normal. Enjoying the feel of someone in your arms isn't weird.

The thing about intimacy is it's usually private. Groups of men and women don't join together to cuddle, spoon, or anything related to that. And since there isn't anything sexual taking place it's easy to believe it's harmless.

The issue isn't the possibility of sex. It's the removal of your inhibitions. Openness always follows. That's why I mentioned swinging and hedonists. Most people aren't naturally wired that way and the majority were uncomfortable. But they became less so over time with familiarity.

The spiritual consequences of this is a spirit of perversion and that's how it comes in. It always begins with a lessening of inhibition and dulling of the senses. And it's very hard to get rid of. Lust will follow but he won't be first. You'll go further if your inhibition falls.

You cuddled with four different people in under four hours. How many men can say the same? The only ones who would are the people I mentioned and those who in polygamous relationships. I've known my share of each.

Time will tell if things are as you say. God bless.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh,there is another Cuddle Party Rule. "It is okay to like somebody.It is ok to be aroused. But,you are just not going to act upon it."
At the end of these Cuddle Parites,I feel relaxed and contented. I feel as if I have been on vacation for four days,instead of four hours.

There is one facilitator, at the end of a Cuddle Party,have us hold hands, while we are standing in a circle.

She then tells us, "Look around you,three hours ago, you were all strangers. Now, you are all...……………. just strange" :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Do you think you'll continue this when you find a partner?
No way. But,if my partner does not want to cuddle,that would be a deal breaker. But,I cannot imagine a woman not wanting to cuddle.
By the way,I think that this song,by Paul Davis,should be a Cuddle Party theme song. Here are some of the lyrics:

"I sometimes wonder why
All the flowers have to die
I dream about you
And now, Summer's come and gone
And the nights they seem so long
Come on over tonight
Come on over

It's gonna be a cool night
Just let me hold you
by the firelight
If it don't feel right
You can go

On a cool night
Let me hold you"
a cool night.jpg

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's one of those random questions that prompts an a-ha moment. I understood what you meant but that's what ran across my thoughts. The disconnection I'm feeling in relation to the business. I tried to do something helpful but I don't have a burden for it and it isn't a passion. And it's affecting my writing.

Hence the thank you. That's why I'm blocked. :)
I have no clue what you're talking about. :idea:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have no clue what you're talking about. :idea:

Details aside, I don't have a burden for the people I'm addressing (at the moment) because they aren't the ones I'm called to serve. My writing feels forced.

During our discourse I said, "I'm called to those who have everything they need but lack the One True God."

It was that statement which helped me realize my mistake and why I've been feeling this way. And it's why I thanked you for asking the question. You helped me out. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He said, "Um...nope...she's is indeed looking"

I was like, "really? She told me otherwise"

He goes, 'I dunno, some women just say things to be nice or let you down easily...you know how it is"

To give her the benefit of doubt, it could be that she changed her mind later. And if she was using God as an excuse and lied to you, she's probably not the ideal person for you. I was not aware of this said trend among Christian single women.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was not aware of this said trend among Christian single women.

The greater issue is many are initiating contact through their flesh and bringing God into the picture afterwards. I recall more than a few admitting they didn’t pray before they asked someone out or expressed interest.

And failing to do so often leads to hurt feelings and disappointment. We must bring God in from the start.

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The greater issue is many are initiating contact through their flesh and bringing God into the picture afterwards. I recall more than a few admitting they didn’t pray before they asked someone out or expressed interest.

And failing to do so often leads to hurt feelings and disappointment. We must bring God in from the start.

Yes, and the above-mentioned people usually try to push others (like me) into doing the same, saying, "You should talk to him," "let him know you are interested," etc. The flesh lacks respect for both self and others. I felt rushed and pressured, which are things I should not feel from a friend.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0