• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Islam People vs. Muhammad

Discussion in 'Debate Other Religions & Faiths' started by DWA2DAY, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Targaryen

Targaryen Scripture,Tradition and Reason

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    And again, how is this different then what a smaller proportion of muslims believe they should do when faces with their own persecution? You didn't answer that question I notice.

2. Catherineanne

Catherineanne Well-Known Member

+4,395
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Paedophilia only exists where there is a law of consent, and someone breaks it. The first law of consent in England was established in 1875, and was set at 12 years old, later the same year amended to 13.

Before 1875 there was no English law of consent, and therefore it is anachronistic to talk of paedophilia. Henry VII, for example, married Elizabeth of York when she was 12 years old. Do we decide that 21st century law applies to him as well?

What nonsense.

We are safe in saying that Mohammed was a lascivious old man, and that his morality leaves much to be desired in relation to modern thinking. But he was not a paedophile.

3. Catherineanne

+4,395
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    The difference is our faith does not sanction lying. Not ever.

This does not mean that Christians are incapable of lying; we aren't. Just that whenever we do lie it is a sin.

Christians can and do sin. That sinning is never called anything other than sin.

I make no comment about Islam because I don't know enough about it, and it is not my concern. I suspect that this is a matter of interpretation and they are saying much the same as we are; sometimes Moslems fall short of the ideal expected of them. When they do there has to be a path back to reconciliation for them. If any part of Islam condones lying (and that may or may not be the case) then I suspect it is down to a very clumsy use of language.

All lies are from Satan, the Father of all lies.

4. Targaryen

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    Do we sanction lying, of course not. That I can agree on and no I'm not condoning this use of it. However, when the person that raised this point seems to overlook is, this is not a widely held principle in Islam. It's Shia practice more so then common place among all muslims.

5. Catherineanne

+4,395
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    I knew a Christian once. Dreadful man.

I knew another. Lovely man.

And I knew a single parent Christian. She was nice.

6. Catherineanne

+4,395
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Shi'a or not, I know lots of Christians who don't respect the truth.

7. Targaryen

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    So do I. But we can also try to avoid that trap.

8. DWA2DAY

DWA2DAY convictions are worse Enemies of Truth than Lies!

+62
    Christian
    Married
    Muhammad the Liar.

According to the Islamic traditions, Muhammad went to the Mosque in Jerusalem. Surah 17:1

And from Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 309:

It is narrated on the authority of Anas b. Malik that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: I was brought al-Buraq Who is an animal white and long, larger than a donkey but smaller than a mule, who would place his hoof a distance equal to the range of version. I mounted it and came to the Temple (Bait Maqdis in Jerusalem), then tethered it to the ring used by the prophets. I entered the mosque and prayed two rak'ahs in it, and then came out and Gabriel brought me a vessel of wine and a vessel of milk. I chose the milk, and Gabriel said: You have chosen the natural thing. Then he took me to heaven…

The problem with all of this is that the first Jerusalem Temple was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar's Babylonian armies in 587 BC. Furthermore, General Titus and his Roman soldiers levelled the Second Temple in AD. 70, more than five centuries before this alleged night journey to Jerusalem took place. The Temple that eventually became Masjid al-Aqsa did not come into existence until AD. 691 when Amir Abd-ul-Malik built it.

9. Hieronymus

Hieronymus Well-Known Member

+2,866
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    Dude, in the 1st and the 3rd it is stated it is 'satire' or something like that.
    Not 'proof' enough?

10. Hieronymus

+2,866
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    Oh but it is.

11. Targaryen

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    Try looking it up instead of reaffirming a position made by a less then credible source.

12. Hieronymus

+2,866
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    Isn't that what you're doing?

13. Targaryen

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    Considering that I look to far more credible, non-religious biased sources. Not even close.

14. Hieronymus

+2,866
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    "non religious biased" hardly exists.
    Your view to me sounds like the modern 'one world' thinking.
    We don't know eachother's sources though.

15. Targaryen

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    Well there is plenty of reference materials if you want to look for it ,any general reference stuff that doesn't have an agenda to push in terms of religious bent. But that's ok, you can use your faulty reasoning all you want. Doesn't actually fit to researched fact but that's ok.

16. Hieronymus

+2,866
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    yawn....

17. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+12,572
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg
    MOD HAT ON
    This thread will remain closed.
    Respectful debate is one thing, but flaming and goading is another.

MOD HAT OFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.