Pentecostals won't get to heaven? Nor Hillsongers, Baptists, Anglicans, what the?

LivingWorship

My soul dances in freedom, my heart forever sings
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
OK! Here's a thought... we all do it... we all say "O, I go to such and such a church, I'm a member of this or that denomination" and that's all good... but my pastor always says "there's no anglicans in heaven! no catholics! no baptists! no methodists! no pentecostals! no hillsong! no uniting church!" There's only the bride of Jesus Christ!!! The church!

How many churches are there in parramatta? ONE! how many in Sydney? ONE! Australia? the world? ONE!!!

Reactions: PastorMikeJ

LivingWorship

Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yah pinkcat.. well if you don't mind me just picking up on your comment, I don't believe heaven is actually for ANY religion, I don't see Christianity as religion as much as a relationship with the One we believe in... but I think the gist of what you were saying is absolutely true, heaven isn't for one denomination, it's for all who choose Christ as Lord!

:amen:

Upvote 0

LivingWorship

Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
MORE85 said:
heaven for athiest? muslims
no no, I was making the point that

1)Christianity should not be seen as religion because we LOVE God as well as fear Him, and He has called us into relationship so much that we obey Him because He deserves it, not because we "have to" - sure we have to but it should be motivated by love.

2)Someone else used the term "not just one religion" and I think they meant denomination... I personally don't see Muslims or atheists or people who worship any other god getting into heaven - UNLESS they repent! This is what I said:

heaven isn't for one denomination, it's for all who choose Christ as Lord!

Upvote 0

LivingWorship

Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
rebelEnigma said:
I'm pretty sure that Jesus never intended for Christianity to be a religion. It should be a way of life.
Nope. I totally agree... Christianity is life, it's like a dance... you get the opportunity to see from afar and keep God at a distance or dive right in and let Him lead... it's a dance, it's meant to be enjoyed, even when the "music" is somber and sad, the whole thing is to be enjoyed, and I reckon we only truly enjoy life in Christ. Well said Rebel.

Upvote 0