Pennsylvania family ordered to take down Jesus Christmas

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Moral of the story: No. You may not break a legal agreement or law if the thing you want to do is Christiany. Effrontery does not help.
Well, he was just ask to take it down. He said he would take it down on January 15. When everyone else does. So, it really didn't matter.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He said he would take it down on January 15.

Yes, which is the date that the HOA requires all Christmas decorations to be taken down.

So I'm wondering if this is a lot of brou-ha-ha over nothing. Someone complained about his display, the HOA advised him of the complaint. He has ignored it. Nothing has happened.

Is that it?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Yes, which is the date that the HOA requires all Christmas decorations to be taken down.

So I'm wondering if this is a lot of brou-ha-ha over nothing. Someone complained about his display, the HOA advised him of the complaint. He has ignored it. Nothing has happened.

Is that it?

Sounds about right. In the war against Christian’s, the Cristian’s clearly won the battle of Gettysburg. Perhaps this is the turning point everyone has been waiting for.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, he was just ask to take it down. He said he would take it down on January 15. When everyone else does. So, it really didn't matter.

Why is the rule about how long the decorations can stay up important? Why not leave up the sign all year?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why is the rule about how long the decorations can stay up important? Why not leave up the sign all year?
Because the home owner signed a legal document saying that they would not do so.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I guess since Christians claim Christmas is about Jesus Birthday. Then by their law it's over.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is that it?

Yep.

...FOX News business model: lot of brou-ha-ha over nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes. But FOX has found a lucrative niche in the market - "oh look, American Christians are being persecuted again"

Fox may be more prominent, but other networks can go overboard, but maybe in more subtle ways.

Today is a good example. That Bannon dude stated the Russia Trump tower meeting was treasonous and CNN has that displayed in a very prominent fashion on their web page. Granted, CNN typically doesn't like to give Bannon the time of day, but since his statement is something that is negative towards the administration, they are all over it.

Fox on the other hand, don't even have the story on their lead page.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I abhor subdivisions and homeowner's associations. They are little despotisms that can get away with all kinds of rubbish that would be illegal otherwise.
Yep. I've never lived in one, and when looking for a home, their existence was a deal breaker. It means my neighbor may be able to park his big rusty RV in front of my house of course, but I dealt with that by buying a house with a .3 mile long driveway and woods between my house and 5 acre yard and the road. :)

Upvote 0