Chairwoman of RNC hit with calls to resign after wishing her friends a Merry Christmas on Twitter

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow. I thought it was a nice greeting; nothing offensive or even divisive in it---but they sure lambasted her for it. I just can't figure out why it was conservatives that came down on her....I would expect it from liberals, but not conservatives. :scratch:

article said:
Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel was repeatedly urged to resign after celebrating Christmas on social media.

McDaniel, who has frequently faced criticism during her more than six years leading the RNC, wished her followers a "Merry Christmas" in a pair of Christianity-infused posts to X, formerly Twitter, on Monday.

"Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!" McDaniel wrote. "Let us rejoice and give thanks for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ, whose birth gives us joy, hope, and new life."

"We pray for all those spending Christmas away from their loved ones, especially our troops overseas and first responders who are spending this season protecting our freedoms and families," she added. "God bless you all."

Last edited:

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many conservatives are very unhappy with McDaniel's performance as RNC Chairwoman.
Been seeing this discussed alot recently in the news.
Many want her gone. Replaced.

So, I don't believe these posters were responding to the content of this particular message.
They just took this opportunity to respond to 'her'.

I was hoping Harmeet Dhillon would have won the race against McDaniel for Chairwoman.
I think Harmeet would have done a great job ...

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Many conservatives are very unhappy with McDaniel's performance as RNC Chairwoman.
Been seeing this discussed alot recently in the news.
Many want her gone. Replaced.

So, I don't believe these posters were responding to the content of this particular message.
They just took this opportunity to respond to 'her'.
OK. Because otherwise it makes no sense. It was just any excuse to come out against her.

Now if she had sent that message AS A DEMOCRAT I could see the message as the reason for resignation demands.

For the record I am a FORMER Democrat and a FORMER Republican and I'll duck for cover now.

• Haha
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. I thought it was a nice greeting; nothing offensive or even divisive in it---but they sure lambasted her for it. I just can't figure out why it was conservatives that came down on her....I would expect it from liberals, but not conservatives. :scratch:

Misleading title to the article. They wished her a Merry Christmas as well but then added " resign" because they don't like her.

Upvote 0