Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Already established - she was hired and touted by the University as a minority member of Staff.
"Asserted" is not "established". There is no evidence that she was hired as a minority member of Staff while there are more than a few denials.
BostonGlobe.com said:
Warren’s hiring at Penn has sparked controversy in her Senate race because she listed herself as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools directory from 1986 to 1995. But Hank Gutman, who was chairman of Penn’s appointments committee when Warren was recruited, said he was unaware of her professed Native American rootsand “it was never a factor in any of our decisions.”
BostonGlobe said:
Stephen B. Burbank, a Penn Law professor, said he, too, was unaware of Warren’s heritage when he recommended her to the university in 1985, after they met during visiting professorships at the University of Michigan.
BostonGlobe said:
When Warren arrived at Penn, she was a rising star on a campus whose reputation had dimmed. Having lost professors and prestige, the school was trying to recruit superstars and Warren, by now a nationally recognized bankruptcy scholar, was the first coup. With her came her husband, Mann, a well-regarded legal historian, and a mission to recruit additional serious scholars.

Source: BostonGlobe archive
WashingtonPost said:
The Herald has twice quoted Charles Fried, the head of the Harvard appointing committee that recommended Warren for her position in 1995, saying that the Democratic candidate’s heritage didn’t come up during the course of her hiring. “It simply played no role in the appointments process,” he said. “It was not mentioned and I didn’t mention it to the faculty.”

WashingtonPost said:
The Herald later quoted Fried, a former U.S. Solicitor General under President Ronald Reagan, saying, “I can state categorically that the subject of her Native American ancestry never once was mentioned.”

Source: WashingtonPost

Her salary was in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, she LIED MISLEAD, FABRICATED THE HERITAGE THAT GAVE HER AN EDGE TO GET THE POSITION.
No, it didn't - she had a very solid reputation.

In any case, it wasn't a lie if she believed what she had been told by her family. There was no fabrication - that is a slimy slur on your part that you've continued to make.

That is not even disputed by her.
Yes, it is.
Elizabeth Warren said:
“The core of my career is my teaching and my writing,” she said, insisting she was hiding nothing in her records. “It’s all out there.”

It's not any clearer than that. I can explain it for the reader, comprehension is the sole responsibility of the reader.
You can explain and assert all you like, but the evidence is against you.
Indian Country Media Network said:
According to a Massachusetts genealogist, the only evidence of Warren’s Indian heritage thus far discovered is a document identifying her great-great-great grandmother as Cherokee, which would make her 1/32nd Native American. Warren has called her claims a matter of “family lore.”

Source

• Winner
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

LinguaIgnota

Nov 26, 2014
✟59,588.00
Faith
Atheist
So, you're calling the chief of police in Malmo a liar? Or are you arguing that an attempt to ban body armor isn't going on?

Malmø is well-known for having issues with criminal youth. It is, however, very localized (though there are other areas in Sweden with similar issues - like Rinkeby). It's basically areas with a large immigrant population, with a large income disparity, where youths cause trouble for reasons spanning from frustration to boredom. The Swedish authorities have been slow in their efforts to normalize those areas. However, times are changing; as the police has publicly voiced their dissatisfaction with the status quo, politicians have little room to ignore them. At times, we had some of the same issues in my country but a concerted effort from the police, the schools, and social services has all but quenched them. The Swedes will no doubt experience a similar success. It will just take them a bit longer since they're, you know, Swedes...

There is very little reason for an ordinary civilian to own body armor (you didn't need the Google Translate link, by the way - I understand Swedish just fine). They only serve to give criminals a sense of invincibility while they're out doing things that they definitely shouldn't be doing. But also note that the proposal to ban body armor was put forward by one party. Parties may propose somewhat silly approaches; it's their prerogative. Personally, I don't care if someone buys or wears body armor. It's expensive and uncomfortable. Knock yourself out, mr. Jönsson...

Where I'm from body armor isn't a normal thing either. Heck of a quirk, tho.

Where I'm from, it's used by police officers (on rare occasions), bouncers (at some high risk places), and a few criminals. If the cops stops a guy who is in possession of body armor they'll know to examine him extra thoroughly.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mind you 85% of the population of Sweden could fit in one Us City. NYC

Sweden is hardly a diverse country with what? 295,000 of 9.8 million being not White Anglosaxon?

Your comparison is not based on the facts as a whole.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
(you didn't need the Google Translate link, by the way - I understand Swedish just fine)

Yes, most others here do not, so it'd be kind of rude to post it untranslated.

They are, however, recurring events, wouldn't you agree?

So is your grenade city. It was in the upper forties the year prior. Doesn't mean it is completely normal.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
letaliiberal-know-impeach-donald-trump-mike-pence-becomes-president-impeach-14577658.png
How soon can Pence start?

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How soon can Pence start?

Indeed -- Perhaps once the Republicans realize that removing Trump is more than an "us against them" thing, they'll realize that it's possible for everyone to win.

Especially considering the inevitable Tweetstorm that'll happen during such a hypothetical impeachment... let alone a conviction: "Failing Congress can't handle me. Sad!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Another feather in the Obama legacy.
Based on plans put in place before he was president and which the Republicans would not change. Now it will get worse.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Based on plans put in place before he was president and which the Republicans would not change. Now it will get worse.

I respectfully disagree. Time will tell.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That doesn't make them normal.

Of course it does -- we all know it's only a matter of time before the next one, and we know how the usual suspects will respond.

The conservatives will offer prayers, the liberals will cry out for legislation; nothing will get done, and we'll all just settle in, forget it, and pretend that it's not going to happen again.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited: