• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Peaceful music/sound

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thunderstorms made me jump at every crack of thunder, as my ptsd seems ramped-up from the antidepressants making me ultra sensitive to sound and light.

Its all the extra serotonin and the subsequent headaches, teeth grinding and insomnia, and extra jumpiness.

I'm trying to work around these common symptoms.

Usually the soft rain sounds are calming, but last night I tried it first, and found the hard pouring rain actually made me keep thinking of the bathroom, so it was not calming last night.

Instead, it was the jackie gleason one bc all the sounds were pretty smoooth, not a sudden and sharp "crack" startling me!

Maybe you have your sound volume up too high; the rain sounds should be soothing; not jarring.

When I first started listening to the rain & thunder videos; the thunder did startle me; but after awhile; it got so it was hearing God's power in a tangible way.

In the Bible; His voice is described as being "the sound of many thunders" so maybe we need to get used to it.:)

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mnoiran this is really soothing. How can I get this one song to keep playing?

auto play just moves it along to other songs.

I want to get this one to replay.

You can loop it right in the CF page; right click it and hit "loop" but you will need to open another tab if you want to keep listening to it and go to other forums on CF or other sites; and keep that one tab up on your browser; if you go to another page; it stops the video.

I find it best if I want to listen to a song or string of songs; is to go to Youtube itself and click on "loop" it seems to stay playing better then when your on the CF page.

Hope that helps; and may Jesus bless your listening and give you His peace; through the songs.:)

Right now I'm watching a new video from "Texas high def" the one with all the rain videos; about driving into Hurricane Harvey from Austin to the Texas coast; it's strangely calming:

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
weee, here we go loop da loop!:sleep::crossrc:

upload_2017-9-1_1-20-11.jpeg

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Enya - Aniron

This is an exquisite "gift" of calm, peace, and "letting go" of stress.

If i could, i would play this over and over....the snowy road, as if traveling on it, is sooooo fitting.

Thank you.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love listening to music now, in loops! It gets played long time and helps through out the night.

G-d bless you mnorian!

Thank you Spice; I think I need to listen to my own advice and watch and listen to some of these again; I'm feeling a little stressed; what with the fire and smoke in the area; but it's raining today finally; so hopefully the fires will go out. Peace in Jesus.:wave:

• Winner
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an exquisite "gift" of calm, peace, and "letting go" of stress.

If i could, i would play this over and over....the snowy road, as if traveling on it, is sooooo fitting.

Thank you.

Your welcome; that is peaceful. I have seen roads just like that when I was a kid in northern Minnesota. Of course; the praise goes to Jesus; as without Him there would be no peace or rest.:amen:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Your welcome; that is peaceful. I have seen roads just like that when I was a kid in northern Minnesota. Of course; the praise goes to Jesus; as without Him there would be no peace or rest.:amen:

Yes, it's one of many blessings that He gives. How lovely to see roads like this in real life. It's like a wonderland. :)

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0