• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Peaceful music/sound

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have found some music can calm me down immensely and some sounds can calm my nerves too. I sometimes have a high-pitched ringing (tinnitus) in my ears.

I have been listening to recordings of rain & thunder storms from youtube the last couple years and have found them to help me sleep; in fact the good ones I find it hard to stay awake and listen to them; some can be for hours long.

After listening to the rain sounds for two hours; I woke up and it seemed strangely quiet in the room; and finally figured out it was the ringing-in-my-ears had gone away!

So I thought I would post some of these songs inter-spaced with the soothing rain sounds for your enjoyment.

The first up is "Listen to the rain" by Enya:

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! Mnorian, so many of us struggle with being able to rest and to sleep at night. This is such a beautiful gift from your heart to ours. Thank you!

Your welcome Spicy; hope it helps some people to relax; breath deep; and trust God. It seems God made the sound of rain as a natural sedative. Maybe this is why so many of the desert areas have wars & conflicts.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Music, Martinis, and Memories was a delightful surprise

Soothing me into my memory foam California king mattress

by lilac candlelight flickering

thinking of my love

wearing his tee shirt

smiling of the memories

remembering him dancing with me

holding me in his arms

one day he will join me again

He will look at me and say

May I have this dance?

View attachment 206156

Yes; that was not something I expected from Jackie Gleason. Did the rain or others help you get sleepy?

Upvote 0