Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was recently surprised that Federal Vision are now accepted by PCA. I was googling on FV and PCA and found that the beliefs on FV had changed. Please update me on what PCA is doing with FV.
Not true. The PCA's position on the FV is clear and rejects it.

Upvote 0

Cajun Huguenot

Cajun's for Christ
Aug 18, 2004
Cajun Country
Visit site
✟4,779.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
While Steve Wilkins and Auburn Avenue Presbyterian Church have left the PCA, there are still many pastors and churches in the PCA who are sympathetic to FV ideas.

In ten to twenty years, when passions have calmed, Presbyterians will look back and see that this issue was another (one of countless others) time when Presbyterians are guilty of theological fratricide. It seems to be a part of our Reformed DNA to go for the juggler of our brethren over fairly small issues that are blown up to look like mountain ranges.

The followers of Clark and Van Til were quick to go after one another and give no quarter. This is a "deja vu all over again" moment in the Reformed Presbyterian family.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Last edited:
Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting. The Free Republic article complains about "falling from grace" being expressed about baptised people.

Who was Paul referring to in, "grace ye fell from" in Galatians 5?

The tortured lengths that critics resort to regarding Federal Vision leaves me cold. I'm sure there are errors in FV. But the errors in its critics overshadow them.

I remember being accused of "Barney Purple Dinosaur religion" by one critic of NPP. It again, deprives the judges of credibility and learning authority to mischaracterize people so stridently. We on ever side should speak so that our words ring true, instead of ringing shrilly in our ears.

Upvote 0

Cajun Huguenot

Cajun's for Christ
Aug 18, 2004
Cajun Country
Visit site
✟4,779.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. The Free Republic article complains about "falling from grace" being expressed about baptised people.

Who was Paul referring to in, "grace ye fell from" in Galatians 5?

The tortured lengths that critics resort to regarding Federal Vision leaves me cold. I'm sure there are errors in FV. But the errors in its critics overshadow them.

I remember being accused of "Barney Purple Dinosaur religion" by one critic of NPP. It again, deprives the judges of credibility and learning authority to mischaracterize people so stridently. We on ever side should speak so that our words ring true, instead of ringing shrilly in our ears.

I could not agree more!!!

Kenith

Upvote 0

Osage Bluestem

Galatians 5:1
Dec 27, 2010
Texas
Visit site
✟11,711.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was talking to a man who I used to go to church with in the PCA who was telling me that he believes a christian can probably lose their salvation and that baptism actually does something. I said it sounds like you have been exposed to FV, and he said that the church is still opposed to FV. I think they have just changed the definition of FV and the real FV is actually taking over.

Upvote 0