Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where in the Ten Commandments does it speak against fornication? Where in the 10 does it speak against homosexuality?

Why do you ask??

What is the "First commandment with a promise" according to Paul? hint: Eph 6:2

What list is Christ quoting from in Matthew 19?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you ask??

What is the "First commandment with a promise" according to Paul? hint: Eph 6:2

What list is Christ quoting from in Matthew 19?

I looked at your list of verses, and they are all covered with the New Covenant Commandments. They are the commandments of JESUS.

To listen to you, anyone would think your Messiah is Moses! Why not go with the commandments of Jesus, the first being believe on the name of His Son, Jesus Christ. I don't know why you can't accept them as all you need. They definitely are not burdensome, so what's the problem? Every time I list these commandments of Jesus, you retort with the laws of Moses. I don't get it.

Do you believe Jesus is God? Yes or no?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"list" .... hmmm......
What Is the Meaning of the First Commandment, 'You Shall Have No Other Gods Before Me'?, by Carey Kinsolving
(/www .creators.com/read/kids-talk-about-god/09/14/ what-is-the-meaning-of-the-first-commandment-you-shall-have-no-other-gods-before-me)

"The average American watches more than four hours of television a day. Lee, do you mean I shouldn't veg out in front of the tube for 28 hours a week? After all, I don't actually worship. I spend at least two hours a week in church on Sunday. Does God want more?

Yes, says Haley, 11: "The first commandment means don't spend more time on anything than God. God is more important than TV or radio." "

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
And Paul was writing this to Gentile believers. As for himself, he testified to Festus that he had never broken Jewish law.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Paul was writing this to Gentile believers. As for himself, he testified to Festus that he had never broken Jewish law.
What Paul did doesn't mean that Christians are obligated to do what he did. He wrote that we are not under the Law (old covenant) Why He choose to be observant is not mentioned unless where he said: And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 1Cor9:20

Question: will attending feast days like Paul did have anything to do with my salvation. If I don't observe feast days will I lose my eternal inheritance?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Question: will attending feast days like Paul did have anything to do with my salvation. If I don't observe feast days will I lose my eternal inheritance?
WHO holds SALVATION in HIS HANDS ?
Let Him Reveal the answer to you.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WHO holds SALVATION in HIS HANDS ?
Let Him Reveal the answer to you.
Hold on there partner, if one teaches others that we are to observe the Law because Paul did then one should be able to answer my question. All you did is spin your wheels in your post.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hold on there partner, if one teaches others that we are to observe the Law because Paul did then one should be able to answer my question. All you did is spin your wheels in your post.
I doubt we are partners.
But no worries at all.
YHVH knows the heart and spirit and everything of every man,
YHVH knows HIS PLANS for every man.
So then, WHO better to ask than YHVH ?

Or do you think another man knows as much as He does ?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt we are partners.
But no worries at all.
My apologies, I assumed we were partners in our belief of our Savior.
YHVH knows the heart and spirit and everything of every man,
YHVH knows HIS PLANS for every man.
So then, WHO better to ask than YHVH ?

Or do you think another man knows as much as He does ?
Good grief man. Lay it to rest. I am trying to stimulate others to do some thinking. God has revealed the answers to me. Has He revealed the answers to you? If so why not reveal to all of us what those answers are? Why be critical of my post?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Are you responding to me about Paul? I was quoting John.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Bob, you are a Gentile believer. You do not need to be judaized per Acts 15. I am a Jewish believer. I do not need to be Gentilized per Acts 21.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bob, you are a Gentile believer. You do not need to be judaized per Acts 15. I am a Jewish believer. I do not need to be Gentilized per Acts 21.
I know you believe that OH, but Jesus came to fulfill** the law for Israel. Matt 5 tells us that not one jot or one tittle would pass from the law until all was fulfilled. Did Jesus do all He came to do? My answer would be yes. God does not do anything halfway. He fulfilled the law for you gave you a new covenant, one of grace and love. Jesus ended the rituals of Israel. Paul expresses this in different ways throughout his writings. When Jesus came and gave His life ending all that Israel failed to do and Jews and others feel like they have to go back and do what He ended, to me it is a slap on the face. You want to do something nice for your neighbor, so you mow their lawn and then the neighbor comes out right after you do a perfect job and mows it again, how would you feel? You have accepted Jesus and His new covenant, now enjoy it to the fullest.

Trying to obey a covenant that has past would be a waste of time for me. Trying to live Kosher would, well I have never tried it, but I sure can imagine how time consuming and hard it would be. How many Kosher restaurants are handy when you are hungry and on the road or in a place that has no such places to eat? No wonder Jews ignore that law.

**Fulfill=bring to an end.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I know you believe that OH, but Jesus came to fulfill** the law for Israel.
To "fulfill the law" is a rabbinical expression in second Temple Judaism which meant for a Rabbi teach the law in a way that made it possible for his disciples to keep the 613 mitzvot.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To "fulfill the law" is a rabbinical expression in second Temple Judaism which meant for a Rabbi teach the law in a way that made it possible for his disciples to keep the 613 mitzvot.
Problem is that Jesus didn't come to teach His disciples to keep 613 mitzvot. He came to save a lost nation. He taught the law because He was under the Law and that law didn't end until the Cross. When it ended Jews were no longer obligated to serve the Law.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

What did Jesus do to make it possible for us to keep the moral laws of God? (I know the answer LOL)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Problem is that Jesus didn't come to teach His disciples to keep 613 mitzvot.
Keeping the Law was part of Jesus' message. When the rich man asked Jesus how to gain eternal life, Jesus answer was to keep the Law.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Seems like you have an excuse for everything.
Seems like when the opposite side proves their point with scripture, your response is to label it an excuse instead of taking scripture to heart.

Upvote 0