Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
assuming these are the same people shooting folks as well as assuming the number of people being shot is even that many. there probably aren't as many people being killed in Chicago in the whole year as there were at the hands of steven paddock and Nicholas cruz in the same year.

Just in one weekend: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...nce-leaves-71-shot-11-dead-weekend/914141002/

you mean like bill cosby, nate parker, Michael Jackson and OJ simpson?

I don't think ANYone should be tried in the court of public opinion. Plenty of people not black have been as well. The Treyvon Martin case is an example. George Zimmerman was acquitted and yet may as well have been found guilty by the media.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The data is about arrests, not crimes committed, so I have no idea.
fine. who's getting arrested for 3/4th of the crimes committed? whites or blacks?

Are you purposefully ignoring the pointing out of population vs ratio of population arrested?

i'm ignoring the crummy math. they can't make up double the arrests of everyone else when whites are arrested 3 times as much.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think ANYone should be tried in the court of public opinion. Plenty of people not black have been as well. The Treyvon Martin case is an example. George Zimmerman was acquitted and yet may as well have been found guilty by the media.

I think it was you I sent those videos to that refuted this claim. this didn't happen so find another talking point.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
fine. who's getting arrested for 3/4th of the crimes committed? whites or blacks?
Whites

i'm ignoring the crummy math. they can't make up double the arrests of everyone else when whites are arrested 3 times as much.
Well if you leave out what has been said about the statistics, sure.

69.6% of arrests were White and they represent 60.7% of the population
26.9% of arrests were Black and they represent 13.4% of the population

Blacks are arrested 2x's what you would expect, given their percentage of the population.

It's just math.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...dude wut?

this is a prime example of torturing the statistics to get them to say what you want. whites are committing nearly 3/4th of the crimes in this country. that's what those stats say. don't get too dizzy spinning bud.

and now you are also being intellectually dishonest in conflating judicial corruption and bias with simply escaping apprehension. your also trying to dump the stats for whites on latinos with nothing to substantiate such a claim.

seriously, don't hurt yourself spinning bud.

i'm well aware that arrests and charges don't always equal jail time. it's kinda the point of this whole thing and what I mean by "getting away with crime".

I take it math isn't your strong point.

yeah, it is. a crisis of the judicial system being consistently corrupt and bias in light of white police officers murdering africans. not only the police departments, but also the media and even the government. the media vilifies the victum in painting him as a criminal and then the government makes up blues lives matter laws to protect police officers in response to these murders.

Well if we're talking about incidents that happen 1-2 dozen times a year...then it's not realistic to say the judicial system is "consistently corrupt". It's more like you're cherry picking incidents which fit your narrative and ignoring everything that doesn't.

calling a spade a spade is prohibited on this forum

Why not just explain what their views are then.

assuming the prosecutor claims are true, you had the same evidence in the cases against white officers and these guys never did a day in prison.

And what's the case with white officers that had "the same evidence"?

they would also talked about how it's so hard to convict a police officer, which is true.....if you're white.

There have been white officers who've been convicted though...so it looks like it's all in your head.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well if you leave out what has been said about the statistics, sure.

69.6% of arrests were White and they represent 60.7% of the population
26.9% of arrests were Black and they represent 13.4% of the population

Blacks are arrested 2x's what you would expect, given their percentage of the population.

It's just math.
it's just poor and misleading statistical analysis, but when you're attempting to uphold a narrative that blacks are the most dangerous people in the society despite the fact that the data plainly shows that whites are committing most of the crimes, you gotta come up with something.

arrests are nearly 6 million for whites to more than 2 million for blacks. maybe we should spend more time worrying about whites gunning people down all over the country instead of focusing on the activity a few rival gangs in one city.

but now you will tell me that these are only arrests and the nearly 6 million number for whites is in no way contingent on actual crimes committed while the over 2 million number for blacks is rock solid.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I take it math isn't your strong point.
my math is fine, your statistical analysis, not so much.

Well if we're talking about incidents that happen 1-2 dozen times a year.
blacks being murdered by police, the media vilifying the victims of murder, and the judicial system ignoring evidence for these officers being guilty of murder 12 times a year is not consistent corruption?

if you say so bud.

if you want to talk about cherry-picking, you can look to the people who will deflect to Chicago whenever you bring up this subject. one city in the country where there are plenty of predominantly black cities where this doesn't happen. meanwhile, crazed white folks are mowing people down with AR15s all over the country. we just chalk it up to mental disorder and a rough upbringing. funny how that excuse isn't given for blacks who grow up in single parent homes.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
it's just poor and misleading statistical analysis, but when you're attempting to uphold a narrative that blacks are the most dangerous people in the society despite the fact that the data plainly shows that whites are committing most of the crimes, you gotta come up with something.

arrests are nearly 6 million for whites to more than 2 million for blacks. maybe we should spend more time worrying about whites gunning people down all over the country instead of focusing on the activity a few rival gangs in one city.

but now you will tell me that these are only arrests and the nearly 6 million number for whites is in no way contingent on actual crimes committed while the over 2 million number for blacks is rock solid.
Whites are committing most of the crime, because they are most of the population.

Blacks are committing more crime, in relation to their population. Not more crime, as a whole.

Nobody said anything about blacks being the most dangerous people, so I'll leave that to you.

It's strange these tangents you go on, when merely looking at numbers...

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Whites are committing most of the crime, because they are most of the population.

This is a non sequitur

crime doesn't grow because populations grow. whites could be the minority population and still commit the same amount of crimes. blacks could the majority population and still commit the same amount of crime. crime is based on criminal activity, not population numbers. your argument is speculative at best.

Nobody said anything about blacks being the most dangerous people,
nobody here anyway, but this is the media's narrative and they justify the claim by torturing the statistics the same way you all are doing here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
my math is fine, your statistical analysis, not so much.

Then what part aren't you getting?

blacks being murdered by police, the media vilifying the victims of murder, and the judicial system ignoring evidence for these officers being guilty of murder 12 times a year is not consistent corruption?

No...I've seen cops fired over mistakes, and I've seen them charged and get jail time.

Anyone reasonable would also expect there to be incidents that might look bad but end up with the cop exonerated.

if you want to talk about cherry-picking, you can look to the people who will deflect to Chicago whenever you bring up this subject. one city in the country where there are plenty of predominantly black cities where this doesn't happen.

Name one.

meanwhile, crazed white folks are mowing people down with AR15s all over the country. we just chalk it up to mental disorder and a rough upbringing. funny how that excuse isn't given for blacks who grow up in single parent homes.

"Crazed white folks" are getting called "crazy"? I'm shocked...your logic there is flawless lol.

Let's not hear this "black men never get a pass" garbage. I was old enough to read the papers when it came out that in his spare time, Michael Vick enjoyed slamming dogs against the pavement till they died. I watched as plenty of people, white and black, argue that dog fighting was part of "black culture" and this wasn't that big of a deal. Now those same people want to say that "black culture" is off limits for these police interactions.

You're only kidding yourself here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Then what part aren't you getting?
the part where you're continuing to argue a non sequitur

No...I've seen cops fired over mistakes, and I've seen them charged and get jail time.

Anyone reasonable would also expect there to be incidents that might look bad but end up with the cop exonerated.

right,

the consistent media bias, exoneration of the perp, vilification of the victims and justification for their lives taken with "what about black on black crime" and "what about single mothers" is all just "mistakes". mistakes that have the same pattern and conduct from the police, the media, the judicial system, and even the government. they even trot out a black guys who will lie about the incident for political meat shielding.

"see, the black guy said it, so it must be true and it's not racist"

Name one.

so much for no one saying blacks are the most violent people in society. despite the numbers saying otherwise, black people are committing all sorts of crimes in their communities.

there's no epidemic of gang shootings in any other place than Chicago. crime happens everywhere, even in(believe it or not) white communities, but nothing on the level of Chicago.

"Crazed white folks" are getting called "crazy"? I'm shocked...your logic there is flawless lol.

Let's not hear this "black men never get a pass" garbage. I was old enough to read the papers when it came out that in his spare time, Michael Vick enjoyed slamming dogs against the pavement till they died. I watched as plenty of people, white and black, argue that dog fighting was part of "black culture" and this wasn't that big of a deal. Now those same people want to say that "black culture" is off limits for these police interactions.

You're only kidding yourself here.

…..they were dogs

he was kicked off of his team(the atlanta falcons) where he had a 100million$ contract, was crucified by fans(mostly white folks) and had to do 2 years community service, which he served. he didn't get away with anything. he did get another starting job with the eagles but this is after he had served his sentence.

no one argued that he should be exonerated because of black culture, they argued that he should be given a pass because they were just dogs. they did indeed mention that dog fighting was part of black culture but that wasn't the argument for why he should be given a pass.

if he were doing what he did with human beings he'd be under the jail......but they were dogs.

you wanna argue that those who harm animals should be charged the same as those who harm human beings start another thread.

BTW, there was no evidence of him slamming dogs against the pavement until they died. they said he did all kinds of stuff. he drowned them, he electrocuted them. never proved any of it. the only thing he was proven of doing is pitting dogs against each other ina fight to the death.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

This is a non sequitur

crime doesn't grow because populations grow. whites could be the minority population and still commit the same amount of crimes. blacks could the majority population and still commit the same amount of crime. crime is based on criminal activity, not population numbers. your argument is speculative at best.

I see what you are saying. Let me rephrase:

You would expect to see the number of crimes (criminal activity) by race to correlate with the population percentage of that race.

Are you disagreeing with that?
nobody here anyway, but this is the media's narrative and they justify the claim by torturing the statistics the same way you all are doing here.
Please show me what statistics, based on the data, you have an issue with; point to the incorrect math. Specifically.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I see what you are saying. Let me rephrase:

You would expect to see the number of crimes (criminal activity) by race to correlate with the population percentage of that race.

Are you disagreeing with that?
still a non sequitur. the two have nothing to do with each other. crime is not based on population..period.

Please show me what statistics, based on the data, you have an issue with; point to the incorrect math. Specifically.
this is actually less of a math issue and more of statistical analysis issue. erroneous, maybe even dishonest, conclusions are being drawn from the data.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
https://www.worldtribune.com/aretha-franklin-eulogy-pastor-stands-by-comments-on-black-culture/

From the article...

So, this has been going around the media for a few days...and apparently the left and blacks in general were pretty upset with this Pastor's eulogy for Aretha. Various media outlets quoted various statements...but they tended to focus on him saying that "black lives don't matter" and "single black mothers can't raise black boys to be men".

Now his quote about black lives not mattering is badly misquoted. What he said was something to the effect of "black lives don't matter until black people begin to respect black lives". This ended a statement that started off talking about how over 8 decades, the KKK had killed some 3,400 blacks. He called that a tragedy. Then he pointed out that black men kill that many blacks in 6 months and asked why no one thought that was a tragedy? This clearly didn't sit well with the crowd.

His comments about black mothers weren't misquoted from what I can tell....but his point was severely mangled by the media. I'm sure he realizes that many single black women raise children...but statistically, those children face a lot of tougher obstacles than those in 2 parent households. Those obstacles mean that those children end up in prison or poverty more often than their peers.

He said other things like "straights need to respect gays and gays need to respect straights"...which seems pretty uncontroversial to me, but again, the left took this as homophobia.

Basically, he's taken a lot of criticism from the left and the leftist media because they can't really spin his comments to fit their narrative. The left has been busy trying to paint every problem in the black community as a result of racism from whites, past and present, and this black man stood up and said the problem is mainly in black culture. He said that problems in the black community will never go away until the community decides to change. As criticizing black culture isn't allowed on the left...they were a little shook...since their regular tactic of calling someone a "racist" wouldn't really work in this situation. It might have been possible to try and paint him as a racist....if only Louis Farrakhan (an actual racist hate group leader) wasn't in attendance. I looked for some sort of serious criticism for allowing Farrakhan to attend the funeral from the leftist media and didn't find any. I can only imagine what they would say if, for example, Richard Spencer had attended McCain's funeral and shook hands with the many celebrities and guests.

Thoughts?
The only ones who's opinions matter, in this case, are the family. If they didn't like what he said, so be it. And as far as Farrakhan, that isn't anyone's business either. He and Aretha Franklin were old friends and funerals are for family and friends and it is disrespectful to disgrace her memory with petty, immature quarreling over the matter.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
still a non sequitur. the two have nothing to do with each other. crime is not based on population..period.
Crime can't be based on anything other than population. Without population, there is no crime.

The two have something to do with each other because white and black people make up a total of a population and white and black people make up a total of arrests (leaving out other races, for simplification). They can't not have something to do with each other.

this is actually less of a math issue and more of statistical analysis issue. erroneous, maybe even dishonest, conclusions are being drawn from the data.
Then you should have problems with the conclusions, and leave the data and math out of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
the part where you're continuing to argue a non sequitur

Which is?

right,

the consistent media bias, exoneration of the perp, vilification of the victims and justification for their lives taken with "what about black on black crime" and "what about single mothers" is all just "mistakes". mistakes that have the same pattern and conduct from the police, the media, the judicial system, and even the government. they even trot out a black guys who will lie about the incident for political meat shielding.

"see, the black guy said it, so it must be true and it's not racist"

Tell you what...let's see one black mother after her son was shot who says "You know, he probably did what the cop said, after all, we all knew what he was into"....

Show me that just one time, and I'll gladly admit you got a point. The problem is, you're only upset when white people say they did nothing wrong and it looks like they did. You've got no problem with parent after parent, siblings, children all lying about what a wonderful person their deceased was...as long as they're black.

so much for no one saying blacks are the most violent people in society. despite the numbers saying otherwise, black people are committing all sorts of crimes in their communities.

The numbers back it up. Check out the numbers on violent crimes. I posted it for you.

there's no epidemic of gang shootings in any other place than Chicago.

…..they were dogs

he was kicked off of his team(the atlanta falcons) where he had a 100million$ contract, was crucified by fans(mostly white folks) and had to do 2 years community service, which he served. he didn't get away with anything. he did get another starting job with the eagles but this is after he had served his sentence.

no one argued that he should be exonerated because of black culture, they argued that he should be given a pass because they were just dogs. they did indeed mention that dog fighting was part of black culture but that wasn't the argument for why he should be given a pass.

if he were doing what he did with human beings he'd be under the jail......but they were dogs.

I'm not saying that he should be in jail for it...but he shouldn't be in the NFL.

Also, thanks for proving my point for me.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Crime can't be based on anything other than population. Without population, there is no crime.

now you're doubling down on the non sequitur.

so china has more crime than the united states simply because they have a bigger population and can you provide evidence for that?

Then you should have problems with the conclusions, and leave the data and math out of it.

this is what I've done throughout the thread. the conclusion are not consistent with the data.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Tell you what...let's see one black mother after her son was shot who says "You know, he probably did what the cop said, after all, we all knew what he was into"....

Show me that just one time, and I'll gladly admit you got a point. The problem is, you're only upset when white people say they did nothing wrong and it looks like they did. You've got no problem with parent after parent, siblings, children all lying about what a wonderful person their deceased was...as long as they're black.

good job!

the "they were bad people anyway so they deserved what they got" line. took a while, but we finally got there. maybe faux news or cnn will give you a job.

The numbers back it up. Check out the numbers on violent crimes. I posted it for you.
uh huh,

lets find the stat where blacks lead, by a narrow margin, and focus on that while ignoring all the other stats where whites lead almost 3 to 1.

I'm not saying that he should be in jail for it.
then what's your point? he lost his job, his contract, his endorsement deals, and had to do 2 years community service.

what did he get away with? as far him getting another NFL job after he had served his time, if anything, it just shows that the NFL isn't necessary as strong on animal cruelty as others would be. you're entitled to your opinion however.

that's will be all for me on this subject as we're now just doubling down on the same talking points the media trots out dealing with state sponsored murders of africans.

feel free to have the last word..

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
now you're doubling down on the non sequitur.

so china has more crime than the united states simply because they have a bigger population and can you provide evidence for that?
Crime exists because of a population. I didn't say the amount of population is in direct proportion to crime.

But you are veering off from what the point was.

Blacks are 13.4% of the total population. Of those arrested 26.9% are black. They are disproportionately higher. Two times, based on their total population.

this is what I've done throughout the thread. the conclusion are not consistent with the data.
People have just referenced the data and compared data. Nobody has inferred anything with that.

What is the conclusion that you disagree with?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You really get the idea that someone's learned what a non sequitur is really thinks bleating "non sequitur" everytime they read an argument they don't like somehow, nevermind if it is one or not, replaces the need for a coherent response.

It doesn't.

Upvote 0