"Pastor" is so generic

nsa

Feb 9, 2008
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Pastor is one who Guides, Teach and instruct prople (in church) he could be in charge of the music Guys, prayer band, Etc. what i stronly believe is this...Once called, at what ever position we are we are pastors, after all in heaven there will be no distinction between pastors and members...My Dad is a Minister of the Gosple(pastor) and i too am a Minister of the Gosple. i do not in anyway draw distinction between a minister that uses songs and thoes that preach as they both have a common source..GOD!

Upvote 0

PraiseYouInTheStorm

Dec 3, 2007
✟16,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My dad is senior pastor of a..erm.. non-denominational/evangelical church. He preaches most Sundays (there is an assistant pastor too, who preaches sometimes) has begun to plant a church in another town, which he runs one Sunday a month, visits people, helps people with various things, and is basically everyone's person to call when they're stuck. He couldn't do it without my mam though! :p

Upvote 0

ShaunJ

Veteran
Aug 9, 2004
✟1,612.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No offense to any of you that believe or participate in youth church, but I believe that there should not be several different "churches" within the one church. Kids need to hear the gospel* as much, or even more than adults. My dad is the pastor of a Church with about 60-65 people, size doesn't matter I guess, cause we sure hear from God alot here.

*when I say gospel I dont mean conjectures like "christian" rock (theres nothing christian about it) or bible games or stuff like that. I mean listening to the man of God preach so hard that the convicting power of the Holy Ghost saves souls, including kids. I got saved when I was 7. ( by the way the KJV is the only correct version out there. no offense )

Way to use the thread as a soapbox. :preach:

Upvote 0

Scrat

Jul 1, 2008
At my computer
✟7,790.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
my dad is the senior pastor at our church. theres also an asistant pastor and a youth pastor. theres no such thing as a tech pastor or a music pastor at our church, though i guess it is fairly small.

i agree with the title of this thread, though. i think someone should take the initiative and start thinking of some new names.

Upvote 0