Speak softly and carry a BIG STICK
Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What precisely does your Dad (or mom) do? First give the official title (Senior Pastor, Music Pastor, Youth Pastor, Assistant Youth Director, etc.) and then state specifics.

For instance, my beloved father is the Assistant Pastor in charge of Business Administrations and Media Tech. He runs the sound guys, does the powerpoint, is in charge of our Christmas play, handles the finances, sometimes does his own Sunday School class, fixes anything technological, runs Bible Quiz for our state, programmed and designed the tabulating for Fine Arts for our state, and lets a toy wind-up mouse run through the secretaries' office just for fun :)

Eagle_Wings

Just Your Ordinary Average Everyday Sane Psycho.
Nov 18, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My dad is the senior pastor, and my mom is the co-pastor as well as the music director- both my mom and I also run the kid's ministry- the church is pretty small at this point so just the two of us can handle it.

Upvote 0

dreamer0609

Sep 20, 2006
Malaysia
✟7,667.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
my dad is a senior pastor. for my country,
there's no division like music pastor, tech pastor to specifically duty on certain jobs. my dad needs to run a church, like a manager, lead,monitor,control, plan,act....
with those members in the church.a small church though, around 50++ ppl.

Upvote 0

Briseis

Senior Veteran
Jan 31, 2006
✟10,555.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have never heard the term pastor apply to anything besides the person who preaches. My dad has two churches, one with about 200 members, and one with about 50. He does the sermon and the sabbath school every second week at each church. He's pretty much the guy in charge at both churches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KoolKat

the crazy priest's kid from down the lane
Nov 28, 2006
my mind
✟21,858.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
my dad is a priest. my dad runs mostly everything, in our church, except music, cuz my church doesn't have music, except for an organ, (only some Orthodox churches have that) and the chanting during the Divine Liturgy.
all priests in the Orthodox church run everything in the seperate churches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 29, 2008
Visit site
✟15,144.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No offense to any of you that believe or participate in youth church, but I believe that there should not be several different "churches" within the one church. Kids need to hear the gospel* as much, or even more than adults. My dad is the pastor of a Church with about 60-65 people, size doesn't matter I guess, cause we sure hear from God alot here.

*when I say gospel I dont mean conjectures like "christian" rock (theres nothing christian about it) or bible games or stuff like that. I mean listening to the man of God preach so hard that the convicting power of the Holy Ghost saves souls, including kids. I got saved when I was 7. ( by the way the KJV is the only correct version out there. no offense )

Upvote 0

Locket

Speak softly and carry a BIG STICK
Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes, they do, but in adult church while there is the normal Gospel-preaching, often there are also sermons on money and children and other things that teens care nothing about. They also benefit from sermons on dating and life choices and other teen subjects that no senior pastor is going to waste a room of adults' time on.

Upvote 0