✟15,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone,

my name is Ivy and I am new to this site. I have been a Christian for all of my life. I believe In spirits and paranormal activity, however I have never experienced it until last night. I’m coming to you guys for advice on what I witnessed last night. I didn’t experience fear or feel sick, the entire thing just caught me off guard and I’m not sure how to process it. Last night I was cleaning off my kitchen island, gathering up all the things I needed to take to my room. I was making a neat little pile of my things and the last thing I needed to grab was a bottle of Tylenol. I even remember saying in my head, let me grab the Tylenol too. As soon as that thought crossed my mind the bottle of Tylenol moved about 5 inches or so across the kitchen island towards me. I’ve also noticed that my son (who is 3) will go to the kitchen island and stand there looking up at something. He is laughing and talking jibberish while he is doing this. What are your thoughts on what I am experiencing? I live in a new apartment complex that is only like 2 years old. I’m the second person to live in this apartment.

thank you for your time!

- Ivy M

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF!

My thoughts, FWIW ...

The spiritual realm is real. There are both good/holy spirits (devoted to God, meaning holy angels) and spirits opposed to God. The ones opposed to God will lie in many ways and it's best not to focus on them. Seeking knowledge there will lead to errors, and they are very intelligent and clever and know how to entrap and mislead people.

An angel wouldn't move the Tylenol bottle for you. So ... I'd put the thing out of mind. And if it were me, I'd get a priest to come and bless the house.

Upvote 0

Ivymccall86

Oct 30, 2019
Easley, SC
✟15,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello and welcome to CF!

My thoughts, FWIW ...

The spiritual realm is real. There are both good/holy spirits (devoted to God, meaning holy angels) and spirits opposed to God. The ones opposed to God will lie in many ways and it's best not to focus on them. Seeking knowledge there will lead to errors, and they are very intelligent and clever and know how to entrap and mislead people.

An angel wouldn't move the Tylenol bottle for you. So ... I'd put the thing out of mind. And if it were me, I'd get a priest to come and bless the house.

so there is no way that it could have been my great grandmother? She was also a very religious woman who read the Bible daily. In fact, I have her bible and throughout it she had written my name on different pages. My granny was gifted with the ability to “stop the fire” when someone had been burnt. She would silently pray over the individual and the pain would stop. If it is a demonic spirit, would my son be smiling and “talking” to it? Thank you for your advice!

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like demonic activity and yes, they will come and talk to children. I've experienced this myself. Also, the dead do not come back to visit. Once they are gone, that is it. Demons can imitate dead loved ones and cause you to think it is your loved one. Rebuking it in Jesus' name is the action you need to take. I also recommend getting your apartment blessed. You don't know what the previous owners brought into it.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
When my kids were small, we lived in a rental house with some activity. It started out with the kids telling us there was a scary man standing in their bedroom doorway. Of course, I just thought they were having nightmares or an overactive imagination, and i would put them back in bed and not think much of it.

Fast forward a bit and from my bedroom in the basement, I would hear heavy footsteps on the floor above me, always originating from the front of the home to the back (where my kids slept). The first few times I'd get up and go see what was happening, because my kids were too small to make such a noise themselves. No one was there and the kids would be asleep. After about the 6th or 7th occurrence, I realized the footsteps were always identical in cadence, volume, duration, etc. I let it go for a while longer, trying to justify it as 'nothing' and hoping it would go away.

Long story short, one night, as the footsteps were stomping above me, I prayed to the Lord that he would send His angels to remove the spirit and make it so it would never return. The footsteps stopped abruptly and I never heard them again. Might be something for you to try.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Ivy,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Lilac offers good advice. God does not allow the spirits of lost loved ones to visit us.

glittering-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gif

879f3cfbae6feb8001626005ba7d26d3.gif

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
so there is no way that it could have been my great grandmother? She was also a very religious woman who read the Bible daily. In fact, I have her bible and throughout it she had written my name on different pages. My granny was gifted with the ability to “stop the fire” when someone had been burnt. She would silently pray over the individual and the pain would stop. If it is a demonic spirit, would my son be smiling and “talking” to it? Thank you for your advice!

Jesus told the story of the rich and poor men after death in Luke 16:19-31. I believe this is more realistic than stories of human spirits roaming the earth. Your grandmother may have had a gift of having prayers answered for healing or taking pain away, but it doesn't mean her ghost is having conversations with your son. You should probably get help from other Christians to pray in your house. There is something to having an atmosphere of faith in God and sensing His peace, to get rid of unclean spirits and unknown things that bring only fear, superstitions, and agitation in the home. Demons actually seem friendly at first, but start to wreak havoc after they get their hooks in you. In Christ we have the power to cast them out, but it takes trusting God in the name of Jesus.
TD:)

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus told the story of the rich and poor men after death in Luke 16:19-31. I believe this is more realistic than stories of human spirits roaming the earth. Your grandmother may have had a gift of having prayers answered for healing or taking pain away, but it doesn't mean her ghost is having conversations with your son. You should probably get help from other Christians to pray in your house. There is something to having an atmosphere of faith in God and sensing His peace, to get rid of unclean spirits and unknown things that bring only fear, superstitions, and agitation in the home. Demons actually seem friendly at first, but start to wreak havoc after they get their hooks in you. In Christ we have the power to cast them out, but it takes trusting God in the name of Jesus.
TD:)
Indeed, now I don't have to type it !

Reactions: Ivymccall86
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

If your grandmother was a pious woman who died in Christ, she is with Him. The only way a person can return is by the will of God (such as happened with Moses at the Transfiguration). I would say there is essentially no chance that God sent your grandmother to move a Tylenol bottle for you. But being that it's given you an interest in asking about the paranormal, it's a good motive for demons to have tried to trick you in that way.

It's always best to be skeptical. Satan can (and does) come as an "angel of light". I'm not saying it's Satan, but the point is that things are very often not what they seem. The demons specialize in trickery, and making us think there is no evil in whatever it is.

My daughter used to "see" and talk to invisible things. When she learned to talk, she would point at tell me "Angel!" But a couple of years later, she told me she talked to something that encouraged her to go out the window and go away with it. The "angel" could have been an angel or it could have been something not of God. But the one that tried to get her to go out the window clearly wasn't of God. Or she might have had a good imagination. (Though I think SOMEthing did actually go on, at least at first, because it started when she was a young infant.)

Stuff happens. We don't always know what it really is. But it's always better and safer to be skeptical. God won't blame us if He DID send an angel and we rejected it because we didn't want to be fooled by a demon. And we should never expect to be sent a visible angel anyway.

• Winner
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Ivymccall86, welcome to Christian Forums. Concerning the paranormal activity in your home, I recommend cleansing your apartment with sage or with Palo Santo wood. You should let the spirit know that that is your home and it isn't welcome there. You can ask a priest to come bless your apartment if the activity becomes a real problem for you. On a side note, I seriously recommend caution if you're thinking about trying to communicate with the spirit. I don't recommend using a Spirit Board (Oiuja Board) because that could invite a very dangerous entity into your home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Just FYI, if you really are a born again believer, don't waste your time with any priest or or any other outside material to handle the problem. If you belong to Him, you can approach Him directly and boldly. There is no other person (such as a priest) who is higher in the chain of access than you are as His own child.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings,

Welcome to the site. I’ve experienced similar activity in my home years ago. Don’t ignore this. Physical manifestations of spiritual activity often continue and increase in fervency as the presence grows stronger. No spirit of God would move the bottle.

Confess all sin. Including your interest in the paranormal. If you’ve dabbled in any way be honest and repent.

Pray Psalm 91. Rebuke the spirit and ask for the Lord to remove it. Don’t be ashamed if you’re afraid.

Don’t seek paranormal solutions. That includes mediums, protective candles, or similar suggestions. It will make things worse.

Bathe your environment in the word. Put on a Christian radio station and leave it on when you’re gone. If you find it off when you come home make a note of it.

Find an online audio bible and let it play in the background when you come in and while you’re sleeping.

If the situation is causing anxiety (and it will), the Prayer of Relaxation is helpful. I’ve prayed it many times in the past.

~Bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so there is no way that it could have been my great grandmother?
Not really. it sounds more like demonic activity intended to either freak you out with fear; or to intrigue you into exploring such activity, distracting you from the gospel.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Confess all sin. Including your interest in the paranormal. If you’ve dabbled in any way be honest and repent.

Pray Psalm 91. Rebuke the spirit and ask for the Lord to remove it. Don’t be ashamed if you’re afraid.

Don’t seek paranormal solutions. That includes mediums, protective candles, or similar suggestions. It will make things worse.

Bathe your environment in the word. Put on a Christian radio station and leave in on when you’re gone. If you find it off when you come home make a note of it.

Find an online audio bible and let it play in the background when you come in and while you’re sleeping.
My sister has some GREAT advice here. Please do these things.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray Psalm 91. Rebuke the spirit and ask for the Lord to remove it.
I can attest that Psalm 91 is a pretty powerful passage. Even keeping your Bible open at that passage can help ward off paranormal activity.

I don't recommend burning sage. That will makes matters worse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can attest that Psalm 91 is a pretty powerful passage. Even keeping your Bible open at that passage can help ward off paranormal activity.

I don't recommend burning sage. That will makes matters worse.

Yes it is. I learned it as a child. :)

Sage is used in Native American spiritual practices and was adopted by New Agers as a method of clearing away negative energy. They use Native American sweetgrass too. I would avoid both and lean on the Lord throughout.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sage is used in Native American spiritual practices
Interesting. My maternal step grandfather was half Pottawatomie and used a TON of sage in some of the things he cooked - especially the turkey stuffing.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Interesting. My maternal step grandfather was half Pottawatomie and used a TON of sage in some of the things he cooked - especially the turkey stuffing.

It’s sold in bundles and is commonly used for smudging (cleansing). You burn them and wave the stick around. Going from room to room.

68689697-0285-48F2-943A-3F15CD1BF5BC.jpeg

This is sweetgrass. Both are sold in metaphysical stores.

132FA850-88B6-46C1-A7B3-A1361F3262E2.jpeg

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Wiccans use white sage a lot to smoke out spirits, clear the house etc. What happens there is spirits return in numbers till the whole thing is out of hand and they have smudge pots and sage candles in nearly every room. I don't think white sage is anything you eat or cook with... It's not in grammas stuffing mix variety at any rate, that I know of.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s sold in bundles and is commonly used for smudging (cleansing). You burn them and wave the stick around. Going from room to room.
Yeah he only put it in food. His smelling was damaged as a teen so he added sage until he could taste it. A LOT of sage.

Upvote 0