Ohio
✟16,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Hey all, I have an update that's good news and bad news: Good news is, I feel that I'm finally ready to become a catechumen after many years, experiences, trials, prayers, and wobbling on the Catholic-Orthodox fence. I feel I'm ready to begin a period of intensive prayer, reflection and study before I'm chrismated. I'm convinced that the Orthodox Church is the one true Church founded by Christ, and that the Holy Orthodox Faith is the Faith of the Apostles, and that both of these can be backed up by historical testimony and the personal witness of Christians throughout the ages. My previous holdups were my tendencies to wobble back and forth between Catholicism and Orthodoxy, and my unwillingness to submit myself to the authority of the Church. Now I'm solidly Orthodox, and all too ready to be accountable and submit myself to the guidance and supervision of someone that isn't me.

Bad news is, I haven't told this to my parish priest back home in the US, and I can't even begin to write an email to him about this. I have no idea why, but I'm afraid to email him; yes, granted, it's been over six months since I've been in contact with him, but never once has he ever done or said anything that would make me nervous to contact him, and I've had no problem sending emails and getting in touch with parishioners at my home parish after a six-month silence, either. He's as chill and warm and friendly as any priest I've ever met, and I've known him for several years now, yet I can't even work up the guts to tell him that I'm ready to entrust myself to his spiritual care and fully embrace the Orthodox faith. The fear is completely coming from my end; let me repeat, never has he said or done anything that would make me feel uncomfortable to talk with him about something like this. I know it sounds really silly, but I just can't get over this fear. :sigh:

Prayers and/or any advice would be helpful. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Peace in Christ,
-Shiranui (Shira)

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Bad news is, I haven't told this to my parish priest back home in the US, and I can't even begin to write an email to him about this. I have no idea why, but I'm afraid to email him; yes, granted, it's been over six months since I've been in contact with him, but never once has he ever done or said anything that would make me nervous to contact him, and I've had no problem sending emails and getting in touch with parishioners at my home parish after a six-month silence, either. He's as chill and warm and friendly as any priest I've ever met, and I've known him for several years now, yet I can't even work up the guts to tell him that I'm ready to entrust myself to his spiritual care and fully embrace the Orthodox faith. The fear is completely coming from my end; let me repeat, never has he said or done anything that would make me feel uncomfortable to talk with him about something like this. I know it sounds really silly, but I just can't get over this fear. :sigh:

Prayers and/or any advice would be helpful. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Peace in Christ,
-Shiranui (Shira)
Just do it :)

Prayers.

Upvote 0