Papacy Refuted . . .

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Forgive and pardon me my sins. I beg the pardon, peace, and forgiveness of any and all persons have have read my posts and are presently reading this particular thread. O God, be merciful to me, a sinner.+

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I bid and wish you all a great day, a Blessed Advent (or a fruitful Fasting. :) ) I hope you all sincerely have a blessed and happy Christmas whenever the day and season arrive. Have a nice holiday. God bless and keep you all.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just spiritual confusion. This has been a long and hard struggle. With the guidance the Holy Spirit, I pray God will finally guide me to where He wishes me to be. Right now, though, I'm going to have to patient. I don't have a suitable parish nearby. Please pray that I am able to move to another area of the country near a good parish. My work is nationwide and I could transfer; however, the process is quite slow. So it may take six months or what have you. :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just spiritual confusion. This has been a long and hard struggle. With the guidance the Holy Spirit, I pray God will finally guide me to where He wishes me to be. Right now, though, I'm going to have to patient. I don't have a suitable parish nearby. Please pray that I am able to move to another area of the country near a good parish. My work is nationwide and I could transfer; however, the process is quite slow. So it may take six months or what have you. :)

good to be patient, all on God's time

Upvote 0

Pappy&Me

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Jax.Fl.
✟30,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

This man helped open my eyes to the claims of the papacy.

Very interesting! Most Christians should watch this video. Most of it is written in stone so it is hard to refute it all. No reason to stay uninformed today with all the access to knowledge we have now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pappy&Me

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Jax.Fl.
✟30,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, that video is pure bosh and pseudo-history. It's based upon the refuted lies of Alexander Hislop. I'd recommend not publishing or spreading its falsehoods.

I respectfully disagree. I had studied on this years ago. I try to keep an open mind but not so much my brains fall out. I'm an old woman who has always seeked the truth. And have pretty much ruled out Roman Catholicism totally along with Islam.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I respectfully disagree. I had studied on this years ago. I try to keep an open mind but not so much my brains fall out. I'm an old woman who has always seeked the truth. And have pretty much ruled out Roman Catholicism totally along with Islam.

The people behind that video are 7th Day Adventists who insist worship is on the Sabbath Day instead of the Day of Resurrection when the women at the empty tomb worshiped the Lord ( Matthew 28:9 ) ( Matthew 28:1-9 ).

I do not want to be hard on these people since 2 of their sons were killed in an air crash. Nor do I think 7th Day Adventists go to hell but they have some bad theology.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pappy&Me
Upvote 0

Pappy&Me

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Jax.Fl.
✟30,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The people behind that video are 7th Day Adventists who insist worship is on the Sabbath Day instead of the Day of Resurrection when the women at the empty tomb worshiped the Lord ( Matthew 28:9 ) ( Matthew 28:1-9 ).

I do not want to be hard on these people since 2 of their sons were killed in an air crash. Nor do I think 7th Day Adventists go to hell but they have some bad theology.

Sometimes you can learn from those we disagree with more than those we don't. Proving them wrong means more study. And more study means more learning. And it gives us a good argument in a debate.

I have read and learned from many who i don't agree with on most issues. Including a 7th Day group led by Dr.Walter Veith, ' The Islamic Connection'. IMO he gives lots of indisputable evidence about the history and creation of Islam.
My quest is not to please man but to find God and what He wants me to do. Or at least as close as I can get. I don't care about religion or what friends and family believe when it comes to my soul.
I have studied protestant, catholic, mostly Roman, evangelical, some islam, and all the Christian denominations.
I don't believe Jesus came to do away with the law or 10 Commandments. I also don't think we should celebrate any pagan related holidays, like xmas, easter, halloween, etc. I don't see one verse in the Bible where we are commanded to do this.
I'm not sure about the other holidays so I don't do Passover, Day of Unleaven ,etc. Unless I find out I should of course.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

It might be worth mentioning that we as Orthodox reject the claims of the papacy as well. But we reject them on the grounds of actual history, transcripts of what was actually said, the understanding of the Church since earliest times.

I didn't watch the video, but if it's based on Hislop, it is likely to be a lot of pseudo-history.

Best to be clear what really happened, the real reason to reject the papacy and certain doctrines, so that by contrast, we also know what to approve.

God be with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes you can learn from those we disagree with more than those we don't. Proving them wrong means more study. And more study means more learning. And it gives us a good argument in a debate.

I have read and learned from many who i don't agree with on most issues. Including a 7th Day group led by Dr.Walter Veith, ' The Islamic Connection'. IMO he gives lots of indisputable evidence about the history and creation of Islam.
My quest is not to please man but to find God and what He wants me to do. Or at least as close as I can get. I don't care about religion or what friends and family believe when it comes to my soul.
I have studied protestant, catholic, mostly Roman, evangelical, some islam, and all the Christian denominations.
I don't believe Jesus came to do away with the law or 10 Commandments. I also don't think we should celebrate any pagan related holidays, like xmas, easter, halloween, etc. I don't see one verse in the Bible where we are commanded to do this.
I'm not sure about the other holidays so I don't do Passover, Day of Unleaven ,etc. Unless I find out I should of course.
As to the Holy days ... the Church was observing them before there was a Bible. Again, true history will demonstrate this. For example, there was something of a question early on of how to determine when the Resurrection should be remembered.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As to the Holy days ... the Church was observing them before there was a Bible. Again, true history will demonstrate this. For example, there was something of a question early on of how to determine when the Resurrection should be remembered.

yes, it was the Quartodecimen controversy which was when to celebrate Pascha (Easter). and it was discussed between Pope Victor and St Irenaeus of Lyons, who lived in the 200's.

plus it's in the Bible. St Paul makes it a point to be in Jerusalem in Acts 20, and he writes the same thing in 1 Corinthians 16.

• Informative
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

Alicia Schout

Aug 17, 2017
Netherlands
✟52,769.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes, it was the Quartodecimen controversy which was when to celebrate Pascha (Easter). and it was discussed between Pope Victor and St Irenaeus of Lyons, who lived in the 200's.

plus it's in the Bible. St Paul makes it a point to be in Jerusalem in Acts 20, and he writes the same thing in 1 Corinthians 16.

The Pascha is the Passover. Easter and Pascha is not the same is it?

Upvote 0

Alicia Schout

Aug 17, 2017
Netherlands
✟52,769.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, Anastasia the Resurrection should be remembered by keeping the Holy Communion.
The Lord says that: do this in remembrance of me.
I see nothing wrong in remembering His birth, the pouring out of the Holy Spirit (the birth of the Church) and other celebrations as Ascension Day. I agree with your opinion regarding to pagan celebrations. But if Christian celebrates focussing on what God has done for us, it's no problem with me.
I want to do what God loves and hates that which God hates.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Pascha is the Passover. Easter and Pascha is not the same is it?
In the Orthodox Church, Easter is called Pascha or Passover as in 1 Corinthians 5:6-8.

• Informative
Reactions: Alicia Schout
Upvote 0