• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Panic Attacks...

Feb 23, 2011
✟7,681.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I actually suffer from Paranoid Schioaffective disorder bipolar type and a few other things but with my schizo I have panic attacks a lot and they usually go along with an episode of psychosis where the psychotic episode is usually brought about by the panic attacks...

Now I had one night before last like I haven't had in a long time... It was my worst I've had in a while.. It started while I was happy and watching a really good movie talking to my friend.. And from being happy my bipolar created a blah emotionless mood for an hour or so, then it turned to being depressed.. And that's when I started to panic, I swore I was being watched and started to cry. Then I was hearing horrible ear piercing sounds and shrills which escalated to an eveil voice telling me I'm crazy and I'm going to get stuck in a psych ward, then..the voice kept telling me and convincing me to hurt myself and question God and that I'm worthless and I may as well end it all now.. I then proceeded to call my friend and she was helping me but the voice convinced me to grab a knife and cut so I flipped open the blade and it wouldn't cut! I was apparently mumbling something about a stupid knife not cutting and then the friend I was talking to got me to put it down, put on soothing music, breath while curled in a ball and just listen to her voice to fall asleep..eventually I fell asleep after the horrible 3 or so hour attack that I cried the whole time...

Anyway I know I need help, I should probably tell my rents but I can't... They would FLIP and yes I know I need meds, therapy, and hospitilization but why me? How will this be good in the end? Why me!?!?

I need advice... /: I'm 17 and a Senior in HS...

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
:wave: I could never answer for other peoples circumstances as to why. Is there anyone else in your family with similar difficulties? The sooner you tell your rents (I love it, called mine that too!) the better. I doubt you will need hospitalization but some evaluation and maybe medication can help you even out a lot. Please tell your parents even if it will upset them, it upsets you, let them help you.

In the meantime, and always ask Jesus for help. If you're feeling bad just say, "Jesus please help me." (preferably out loud) Pray everyday and read your Bible. I'll pray for you too. God bless you!

Upvote 0

Blue sapphire

Mar 20, 2009
Queensland
✟15,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Hey, I actually suffer from Paranoid Schioaffective disorder bipolar type and a few other things but with my schizo I have panic attacks a lot and they usually go along with an episode of psychosis where the psychotic episode is usually brought about by the panic attacks...

Now I had one night before last like I haven't had in a long time... It was my worst I've had in a while.. It started while I was happy and watching a really good movie talking to my friend.. And from being happy my bipolar created a blah emotionless mood for an hour or so, then it turned to being depressed.. And that's when I started to panic, I swore I was being watched and started to cry. Then I was hearing horrible ear piercing sounds and shrills which escalated to an eveil voice telling me I'm crazy and I'm going to get stuck in a psych ward, then..the voice kept telling me and convincing me to hurt myself and question God and that I'm worthless and I may as well end it all now.. I then proceeded to call my friend and she was helping me but the voice convinced me to grab a knife and cut so I flipped open the blade and it wouldn't cut! I was apparently mumbling something about a stupid knife not cutting and then the friend I was talking to got me to put it down, put on soothing music, breath while curled in a ball and just listen to her voice to fall asleep..eventually I fell asleep after the horrible 3 or so hour attack that I cried the whole time...

Anyway I know I need help, I should probably tell my rents but I can't... They would FLIP and yes I know I need meds, therapy, and hospitilization but why me? How will this be good in the end? Why me!?!?

I need advice... /: I'm 17 and a Senior in HS...

Well i have know a lady who hears voices.....she suffers all sorts......these voices are real and destructive. She believes they are demons for they have names.

She is a Christian....she believes in Christ.... but has had a very upset childhood......for her father murdered her mother when she was 4......and she went to an orphanage.

The whole family have mental health issues.

When Christ walked this earth He cast out demons.......these demons have not left this earth.

So consider carefully if this is indeed the case.......for the correct diagnosis is important.

God can set you free through Jesus......Christ has the victory over death and Satan.

God has a journey for you to take......you need to come to a fuller understanding of this journey, for the path He wants to take you on is one filled with joy, peace and His love for you.

So take up this challenge Knights........it may take years but the victory has already been won for you by your Saviour.

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2011
✟7,681.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
About 4 people in my family have metal issues and we have a very small family, 1 or 2 of which were hospitalized for a while but are out and much better.. I'm almost positive my mother has anger management issues.. I originally thought what I was told it's just teen issues and I'm being attacked by demons but that's not it and I really need help and I know it..

Upvote 0

Blue sapphire

Mar 20, 2009
Queensland
✟15,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
About 4 people in my family have metal issues and we have a very small family, 1 or 2 of which were hospitalized for a while but are out and much better.. I'm almost positive my mother has anger management issues.. I originally thought what I was told it's just teen issues and I'm being attacked by demons but that's not it and I really need help and I know it..

Well it's good knights you know you need help.......the thing is to find the right type of help.

The more research you do the better......the more questions you ask the better. The real issue will be following up on what is required.

Don't leave your Maker out of this solution.......He can reward you greatly in your journey.

May God be with you and give you the wisdom required to overcome.

Upvote 0