Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I provide the important information. You can then with just a few google searches verify it.
I have googled it and I know that your information is wrong.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I provide the important information. You can then with just a few google searches verify it.
All you have done is copy/paste from a few different websites without doing any research to verify if what they are claiming is true.
Actual research from verifiable historical sources demonstrates all your above claims to be false.

Last Trumpet Ministries provide absolutely no references to back up their claims. None, nothing, nada. Yet you accept their claims uncritically? What kind of 'research' is that?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I provide the important information.
Let me introduce you to a little rule of thumb that I think will save everyone a lot of time and effort:
Hitchens's razor - Wikipedia
Hitchens has phrased the razor in writing as "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
You've posted your opinion in the OP (twice now), and have supplied nothing to support it (also twice). I'm pretty sure Mr Hitchens would agree You're going to have to supply some sort of support for them in order there being a need to show they're wrong. so far? They're simply your opinions.

You can then with just a few google searches verify it.
Oh, sorry. That's really not how this works. If you can't be bothered to support your opinions about why millions of Christians for centuries have been celebrating the birth of a sun god I don't think it's really someone elses job to prove it. :wave:
tulc(is going to drink another cup of coffee right now) :coffee:

Upvote 0

BlessedCreator

Salvation=Obedience
Apr 14, 2020
Oregon
Visit site
✟24,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All you have done is copy/paste from a few different websites without doing any research to verify if what they are claiming is true.
Actual research from verifiable historical sources demonstrates all your above claims to be false.

Last Trumpet Ministries provide absolutely no references to back up their claims. None, nothing, nada. Yet you accept their claims uncritically? What kind of 'research' is that?

You are assuming too much.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I dont need to prove it. I know it's true. I'm just sharing truths with those that care. If they want to do more research they can.
I care about truth, and what you have posted is anything but.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You are assuming too much.
Prove it.

Selecting the text of each paragraph in your post and doing a Google search finds them word for word on a number of sites.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont need to prove it. I know it's true.
No, sorry, that's not true. What you've done is shared your opinions and an opinion is neither right or wrong it's simply an opinion. :wave:

I'm just sharing truths with those that care.
No, part two, again, those aren't "truths" until you show them to be true. Those are your opinions. And we're back to "opinions are like noses. we all have them and we are all free to pick our own, but none of us are required to take as "truth" what ever is pulled out of them. :nose:

If they want to do more research they can.
I suspect you'll find most of the people responding to your post have done more research then you have about these things. :sorry:
tulc(also suspects BlessedCreator could learn a lot from several of the people posting in this thread)

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont need to prove it. I know it's true. I'm just sharing truths with those that care. If they want to do more research they can.
And we are supposed to accept, without question, the claims of every anonymous person who comes to this forum and makes the same unsupported claims? Lots of folks followed Jim Jones and David Koresh making the same claims and look what happened to them,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

This is the height of arrogance. Of course you need to prove it, since you're the one who's making the claims. If are unwilling to back up what you say, then why should anyone listen to you?

Everything is a mere claim until proven otherwise, and again, the available evidence (as in the case of the language claims you've made, which is the one thing I can comment on with some degree of scientific backing, since I'm a linguist in my everyday life, with actual academic training and the resulting degrees to help guide my evaluation of sources, not random google searches) contradicts your claims.

Either provide evidence or cease making falsifiable claims.

• Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I dont need to nor want to, I'm too tired and have better things to do. If people are interested in what is truth concerning the holidays they can do further research on my claims.
You are clearly not interested in truth.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont need to nor want to, I'm too tired and have better things to do. If people are interested in what is truth concerning the holidays they can do further research on my claims.
...but why? If you can't be bothered to do one, why should other people? :scratch:
tulc(thinks that seems like a pretty simple solution) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realize, you've had almost 24 hours to find links to support your OP, right? and in that time not even once have you come up with a single link to show anything you posted was true. :sorry:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

What a massive cop out. You'd think if you had the truth and were so convinced you would do the necessary background research to protect your claims from a debunking that takes all of two seconds via Google -- the very same method you are advocating that other people use in lieu of doing yourself because you're suddenly "too tired" and "have better things to do", even as you are apparently not too tired to continue to post about how you don't feel that you need to back up your phony baloney claims.

Alright, guy. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

And another neo-gnostic bites the dust! :D

• Agree
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You've responded to this thread 13 times (14 if you count posting the OP twice) and originally posted it at
so you seem to have some time to post here. In that amount of time I would have thought you could have come up with a couple of links to support what you said in the OP. :wave:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
His only reference is "Last Trumpet Ministries", which I've had a look at. It's the usual trash. However when you google each of his paragraphs in turn you find each one has been copied pretty much word for word from one of a number of sites.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
True, but when a Christian celebrates Christmas and Easter those aren't pagan holidays, those are Christian ones. :wave:

...and? Just because someone else does something different on a day, that doesn't mean the Christian is "celebrating a pagan holiday" that means a Christian is celebrating a Christian holiday. Seriously, how does what someone else does on a day make what a Christian is doing "pagan"?

In your opinion perhaps. And if your opinion is what determined what's right or wrong, that would be something to consider. But as my dad always said: "Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and everyone is free to pick their own." If people don't want to celebrate those days? that's up to them. Just like if people choose to celebrate them, they should feel free to do so, and celebrate with as much gusto as they want. :wave:
tulc(isn't sure why people feel this is even an issue?) :scratch:
I’m guessing people are seeing a issue because of some scripture that seems to say it’s not ok. It seems everyone just kinda interpret things how they want so it seems anything that we don’t like we can say I don’t interpret it that way. And I really don’t know if the holidays are wrong or not. Just wish there was a little more consistency amongst believers so that it’s not so confusing.

• Agree
Upvote 0