CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I liked it but am a bit annoyed they didn't really have day scenes with the yaggers. They said its because its hard to convey realism due to various things like lighting in the day time. I understand but transformers pulled it off just fine. Still it was a great action movie that reminded me of how monster movies used to be.

Upvote 0

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. It didn't make the mistake that Transformers did and go overboard with the effects.
Transformers also had the bad habit of jerking the camera around during the major fight scenes. It got so bad I could not tell who was fighting whom, and which bots were getting damaged.

In PR the camera stayed on the fight and gave us great views of the fight. You could tell when damage was dealt and never lost track of the individual Jagers.

If I have one complaint, the first 20 minutes of the film were too quick. Imo, you could have developed at least one film from the background they presented there. With the money this film has made worldwide, I do hope that within the next few years we will see a prequel.

One final comment, Ron Perlman rocks!!!

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I liked it but am a bit annoyed they didn't really have day scenes with the yaggers. They said its because its hard to convey realism due to various things like lighting in the day time. I understand but transformers pulled it off just fine. Still it was a great action movie that reminded me of how monster movies used to be.
It did turn into a night movie, didn't it? I didn't really notice...good eye.
:)

Completely agree with this.

I was incredibly hyped for this movie and was very pleased that it didn't let me down at all. Loved every second of it.
Yup. I'm so glad one friend of mine basically grabbed me by the collar (via Facebook!) and told me how awesome it was. He does professional work with monsters and makeup...so I trusted his judgement.

Transformers also had the bad habit of jerking the camera around during the major fight scenes. It got so bad I could not tell who was fighting whom, and which bots were getting damaged.

In PR the camera stayed on the fight and gave us great views of the fight. You could tell when damage was dealt and never lost track of the individual Jagers.

If I have one complaint, the first 20 minutes of the film were too quick. Imo, you could have developed at least one film from the background they presented there. With the money this film has made worldwide, I do hope that within the next few years we will see a prequel.

One final comment, Ron Perlman rocks!!!
Yes, and when a Mt. Dew machine turned into a Transformer...that told me things were getting out of hand. I enjoyed Transformers, but the phrenetic aspect got in the way.

Ron Perlman!
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I don't mind shaky cam sometimes. BUt in CGI heavy movies it distorts fight scenes and you can't tell whats going on.

Upvote 0