Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So many theories are acceptable before you have kids and see what a child's life is, what they mean to you, how they count on you for everything, how their eyes shine when they look at you.

That's why I think the majority of people involved in PETA and other wacky groups are childless. Having a child will rock your world and shake up your nice theories of "choice," "pacifism," and so much else.

I cry sometimes, just looking at my infant daughter. She's a miracle. I'm a stay-at-home Dad, and I take care of her all day, every day. The life of an innocent child is worth more than the life of one who would kill a child. I would kill for my beautiful daughter or either of my two boys. It's part of my job as a parent to be willing to do this.

Who would want the last words a child hears to be, "Sorry son, I love you and all, but I'd rather see you die than have to compromise my belief in pacifism."

Upvote 0

Laura

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟8,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tribe said:
That's why I think the majority of people involved in PETA and other wacky groups are childless. Having a child will rock your world and shake up your nice theories of "choice," "pacifism," and so much else.

How would you know this to be true? You don't...so don't even bother with the stereotypes, please.

I think caring about the lives of animals is a characteristic of a loving person. I love children so much, it's unbelievable. In fact, that may be why I feel so strongly about this cause, because I hate to see any innocent creature be hurt. It makes me so sad and so angry when I see a child in pain, and the same goes for animals. Just because I love animals doesn't mean I don't love children, because I do.

Actually...I don't understand how a person can have such love and compassion for children but feel so little for animals.

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
Tribe said:
So many theories are acceptable before you have kids and see what a child's life is, what they mean to you, how they count on you for everything, how their eyes shine when they look at you.

I cry sometimes, just looking at my infant daughter. She's a miracle. I'm a stay-at-home Dad, and I take care of her all day, every day. The life of an innocent child is worth more than the life of one who would kill a child. I would kill for my beautiful daughter or either of my two boys. It's part of my job as a parent to be willing to do this.

Who would want the last words a child hears to be, "Sorry son, I love you and all, but I'd rather see you die than have to compromise my belief in pacifism."

HEY! I am one of those "crazy peta people" and i would gladly shoot maim murder torture and otherwise destroy any person/animal/amoeba who threatened a child of mine. Or ANY child for that matter.

A pacifist is someone who is opposed to war or violence as a means of resolving disputes. Someone attempting to murder a child/anyone is more than a "dispute". Pacifism isn't the reason behind allowing the death of your child. Insanity is. (but then again that is just my not so humble opinion.)

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
ocean:
If I were to ever have a child, I would defend it's life by any means neccessary, except taking someone's life. I would never take someone's life for ANY reason, not even to save the life of my child.

SqueezetheShaman:
Pacifism isn't the reason behind allowing the death of your child. Insanity is. (but then again that is just my not so humble opinion.)

LOLOL - well, there you have it. M

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SqueezetheShaman said:
HEY! I am one of those "crazy peta people" and i would gladly shoot maim murder torture and otherwise destroy any person/animal/amoeba who threatened a child of mine. Or ANY child for that matter.
:D I'm glad to hear it! There's hope for you, yet! ;)

Upvote 0

Laura

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟8,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
prince didymus said:
There is no way I would ever have as much love for an animal as I do for a human. That would be purely ridiculous. I would choose to protect humans anytime above animals because we are the only ones who can beg for our lives when faced with death.

Nobody ever said you have to love an animal as much as you love a human being!

It's not an either or situation here. A person can want good things for animals and human beings.

We are the only ones who can beg for a lives, but we are certainly not the only ones who feel pain.

Upvote 0

Extirpated Wildlife

Wanted: Room to Roam
Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
Laura said:
It's not an either or situation here. A person can want good things for animals and human beings.

We are the only ones who can beg for a lives, but we are certainly not the only ones who feel pain.

YOU GO GIRL!

I get so frustrated at people who think animal rights is about making animals life above human life. Now PETA may go to extremes, IMO, but Animals have as much of a right to a quality of life that humans expect for themselves. And Im not even saying that animals need better things in life. Im just saying they have a right to live in the territory their ancestors have roamed for centuries that they don't have today.

Man has to realize that it has to readjust its way of thinking because of the very reason of overpopulation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Extirpated Wildlife

Wanted: Room to Roam
Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
No, but when you talk to people about stop building roads in certain areas and possibly removing other roads to create corridors for animal life to be able to travel, you soon realize that people put themselves way above animals and treat them as something to be thrown away and killed.

Upvote 0

ocean

Banned (just kidding)
Sep 25, 2002
van city
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
SqueezetheShaman said:

A pacifist is someone who is opposed to war or violence as a means of resolving disputes. Someone attempting to murder a child/anyone is more than a "dispute". Pacifism isn't the reason behind allowing the death of your child. Insanity is. (but then again that is just my not so humble opinion.)
I would NEVER allow the death of my child, I would die before I would allow my child to die! I would do anything to try stop the crazy man except kill him. If neccessary I would kill him. There are many ways to subdue people without taking their life. When you take someone's life, you are taking someone else's child away! It is extremely selfish to say that you would kill a human being for any reason.

Are you calling me insane? Well, you are the one that is insane. Murder is insane. Violence is insane.

Moderator (NYJ) Note: No cursing in threads, period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
Pegasus said:
I have a question for tose of you in PETA, if you get sick, then go to the doctor, you take the meds that your doctor perscribes, right?

ok ill take the bait. how is mainstream medication harmful to animals? Oh wait...i think i know, any animal activist worth a salt would know that many meds are tested on animals. was that where you were going to go with this???

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
SqueezetheShaman said:
ok ill take the bait. how is mainstream medication harmful to animals? Oh wait...i think i know, any animal activist worth a salt would know that many meds are tested on animals. was that where you were going to go with this???

There's a poster outside of our animal research facility that is pro-animal research in it's message. It is a picture of several people holding "anti-animal research posters" leaning over a police barricade, obviously arguing with someone on the other side. Underneath the picture is a quote that goes something like this:

Thanks to animal research, these people will be able to protest 20.8 years longer.

:)

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Extirpated Wildlife said:
No, but when you talk to people about stop building roads in certain areas and possibly removing other roads to create corridors for animal life to be able to travel, you soon realize that people put themselves way above animals and treat them as something to be thrown away and killed.
Animals aren't to be thrown away. They are to be made into food, shoes, jackets, couches, glue, and so many other useful things.

Upvote 0

Dayton

Aug 4, 2003
✟623.00
Lotar said:
Animals aren't to be thrown away. They are to be made into food, shoes, jackets, couches, glue, and so many other useful things.

I disagree. We are to respect the animals that God gave us, not to kill them for things that can easily be made out of synthetic materials.

(yes, I am a vegetarian)

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
dayton said:
I disagree. We are to respect the animals that God gave us, not to kill them for things that can easily be made out of synthetic materials.
What synthetic material is there that matches or surpasses leather's combination of durability, waterproof qualities, affordability, and attractiveness for shoes and workboots? I've got leather shoes that are close to 20 years old and I am wearing them today.

Upvote 0