Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
From TownHall.com

"The PETA Nazis

You've seen pictures of Jews from the Holocaust: starving, living skeletons, dead men walking, bloated stomachs protruding over shrunken genitals. Or disease-ridden bodies, two to a bunk, no teeth, shaved bald. Or piles and piles of bodies in a heap, Nazis standing nearby, smiling.

Now think of a cow. Or a chicken. Or a pig. You eat those animals, don't you? You enjoy chicken marsala, or a nice juicy steak, or pork rinds. Then, you're a Nazi, too. You might as well have shoved Jews into gas chambers and then burned their bodies to ashes in ovens.

That's what People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) says. Its latest campaign, Holocaust On Your Plate, juxtaposes images of Jews from the Holocaust with pictures of mistreated factory farm animals. The stated purpose is to "(make) the public aware of the parallels between the Jewish genocide of WWII and the horrific and inhumane treatment of animals raised and slaughtered for food."

PETA calls the meat industry the "modern-day Holocaust." The Holocaust On Your Plate campaign website, masskilling.com, asks: "Decades from now, what will you tell your grandchildren when they ask you whose side you were on during the 'animals' holocaust'?" While simultaneously showing pictures of Jews in their camp barracks and chickens in cages, the website slide show informs the viewer: "To animals, all people are Nazis."

The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, which PETA illegally quotes on its website to justify its campaign, "vigorously condemns" the exhibit as a "gross perversion." Rabbi Marvin Hier, the head of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, calls it "obscene." Abraham Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League describes it as "outrageous, offensive and taking chutzpah to new heights."

This repulsive exhibit arrived at UCLA on Feb. 27. Enraged, I called the PETA headquarters and spoke with Campaign Coordinator Andrew Butler. Butler was extremely articulate and soft-spoken, but his words were frightening.

I asked Butler if PETA believes that meat-eaters are morally comparable to Nazis. "It's the same sort of mind-set," he responded. Many Holocaust survivors ate meat. By PETA's perverse logic, Holocaust victims are morally equivalent to Nazis. Did Butler understand that by juxtaposing Jewish Holocaust victims and pigs, PETA was minimizing both the Holocaust and the value of human life? "It's understandable that people don't want their suffering compared to the suffering of others," he answered. "It's one way to deal with grief to claim that our suffering is unique. Unfortunately, though, other animals do feel pain in the same way and to the same degree as human beings do."

PETA has no problem using Jews for purposes of its own but stands by silently when Jews are murdered in Israel. Only after the Palestinians detonated bombs strapped to a donkey did PETA complain. PETA President Ingrid Newkirk immediately fired off a letter to Yasser Arafat. "If you have the opportunity, will you please add to your burdens my request that you appeal to all those who listen to you to leave the animals out of this conflict?" Newkirk pleaded. When asked by The Washington Post if she "considered asking Arafat to persuade those who listen to him to stop blowing up people as well" as animals, Newkirk flatly answered: "It's not my business to inject myself into human wars."

I pressed Butler on this point. Why does PETA have so little regard for Jews in Israel, yet feel no qualms about using Jewish Holocaust victims to forward its cause? His answer: "As an organization, our mandate is to speak up whenever animals are abused and whenever animals are caught in the crossfire." However, he continued, "we care deeply about all beings, regardless of species." How reassuring.

The most stunning moment of the interview came when I asked Butler, who has a 6-year-old daughter: "If your child were, God forbid, brutally murdered, would you feel comfortable allowing pictures of your child's body to be placed on billboards alongside pictures of a slaughtered chicken?" He replied, "I would say that if some good could come from my child's death, then that would be a good thing ... " He would post a picture of his murdered daughter on a billboard and equate her murder with the slaughter of a chicken. How can any human being do that?

Human life and animal life are not comparable. While cruelty toward animals is reprehensible and damnable, it is certainly not on a par with genocide. Only a Nazi could equate the two. The Nazis equated Jews with animals. In its Holocaust On Your Plate exhibit, PETA picks up where the Nazis left off."

©2003 Creators Syndicate, Inc.

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"If your child were, God forbid, brutally murdered, would you feel comfortable allowing pictures of your child's body to be placed on billboards alongside pictures of a slaughtered chicken?" He replied, "I would say that if some good could come from my child's death, then that would be a good thing ... " He would post a picture of his murdered daughter on a billboard and equate her murder with the slaughter of a chicken.

Is this guy serious? I don't even know what to say this is so sick.

The interviewee, in my opinion, is screwed up and has a very different outlook on the sanctity of life than I do.

Bear, you've rendered me speechless for a change.

Upvote 0

EvolvEarth

Jul 2, 2003
Florida
✟1,109.00
Faith
Buddhist
I really see how PETA can compare the holocaust to the holocaust on your plate. Basically, your responses to how PETA is reacting to the issue of mistreated animals would be the same as the nazis. Keep in mind that nazis were NOT bad people, but they made horrible judgments against the Jews. It's the same with those that eat meat. The people eating meat are NOT bad people, but they are making horrible decisions costing millions of lives.

We animal rights activists feel that if you do not have to eat meat, then why are you wasting a life? Are you doing it for taste? Then what makes you any morally superior to the nazis?

It all has to do with the times you have been raised in, and in our times, it is okay to eat animals like how it was okay at the time in the 30's and 40's to mistreat the Jews in Europe. They thought it was right then, but we obviously looked into our hearts and realized that it was wrong.

Us animal rights activists looked into our hearts and realized that we shouldn't treat an animal below a human when it comes to a value of a life.

Compare us to those that are anti-choice. They feel so strongly that a human fetus deserve the right to be alive and should not be aborted. They looked into their hearts and couldn't take the fetus' destiny to become a full-fledge human away.

I'm sorry if you people don't understand where we animal rights activists are coming from, but if you replace the other animals with humans, you'd understand how we feel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
EvolvEarth said:
I'm sorry if you people don't understand where we animal rights activists are coming from, but if you replace the other animals with humans, you'd understand how we feel.

When I read the quote about asking Palistinians not to involve Donkey's in the war, but then not getting involved in asking not to stop blowing each other up, it seems to kinda dampen your argument. You are putting animals on a higher level than humans. Even though I can see the comparisons your group is trying to draw, it doesn't show much respect to the Jews.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
EvolvEarth said:
I really see how PETA can compare the holocaust to the holocaust on your plate. Basically, your responses to how PETA is reacting to the issue of mistreated animals would be the same as the nazis. Keep in mind that nazis were NOT bad people, but they made horrible judgments against the Jews. It's the same with those that eat meat. The people eating meat are NOT bad people, but they are making horrible decisions costing millions of lives.

We animal rights activists feel that if you do not have to eat meat, then why are you wasting a life? Are you doing it for taste? Then what makes you any morally superior to the nazis?

It all has to do with the times you have been raised in, and in our times, it is okay to eat animals like how it was okay at the time in the 30's and 40's to mistreat the Jews in Europe. They thought it was right then, but we obviously looked into our hearts and realized that it was wrong.

Us animal rights activists looked into our hearts and realized that we shouldn't treat an animal below a human when it comes to a value of a life.

Compare us to those that are anti-choice. They feel so strongly that a human fetus deserve the right to be alive and should not be aborted. They looked into their hearts and couldn't take the fetus' destiny to become a full-fledge human away.

"Human life and animal life are not comparable. While cruelty toward animals is reprehensible and damnable, it is certainly not on a par with genocide. Only a Nazi could equate the two. The Nazis equated Jews with animals. In its Holocaust On Your Plate exhibit, PETA picks up where the Nazis left off."

Upvote 0

EvolvEarth

Jul 2, 2003
Florida
✟1,109.00
Faith
Buddhist
erichmess_ said:
When I read the quote about asking Palistinians not to involve Donkey's in the war, but then not getting involved in asking not to stop blowing each other up, it seems to kinda dampen your argument. You are putting animals on a higher level than humans. Even though I can see the comparisons your group is trying to draw, it doesn't show much respect to the Jews.

It's a bit different. Wars including humans should be limited to humans only. Why should we drag other animals into our silly wars? I'm against all types of wars, but if there is goign to be a war no matter what, leave the animals out of it. We're not putting animals on a higher level than humans, we only want other animals to be left out of human conflicts.

I don't see how were are disrespecting the Jews. Are animals just horrible creatures worth less than a human? No, they're not. I believe all animal life has equal value by default.

TheBear said:
"Human life and animal life are not comparable. While cruelty toward animals is reprehensible and damnable, it is certainly not on a par with genocide. Only a Nazi could equate the two. The Nazis equated Jews with animals. In its Holocaust On Your Plate exhibit, PETA picks up where the Nazis left off."

Actually, what we do to animals is worse than genocide because we're basically raising animals, mistreating them, reproducing them, then killing them for nothing more than the pleasure of taste. All humans are animals, all PETA is doing is making sure that all animals have the right to live without being murdered for the sake of the pleasure of taste. If we're Nazis because we consider all animal life valuable, then you have another thing coming to you. Nazis did not view animals as valuable, and they thought the same for Jews. Animal rights activists think the opposite of the Nazis.

To me, human life and animal life are comparable because all animals, which humans are animals, experience pain and suffering. We don't know the capacity of thinking for all animals, but we do know that all animals feel and experience pain and suffering. With this, we try as much as possible to limit that pain and suffering as much as possible.

When will humans come off their high horse and become less pompous?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brie

I'm a big brave dog...
Jun 28, 2003
✟261.00
Faith
Agnostic
What we do to plants is worse than what we do to animals. We've bred them to have no natural defenses against herbivory (so that they are plumper, juicier, etc.). We saturate their homes with pesticide and fertilizer, further screwing up their environment. We kill off the ones we don't consider aesthetically or nutritionally valuable and call them "weeds." After all, humans are organisms just like plants, and we should make sure that all plants have the right to live without being murdered for the pleasure of taste.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

But in all seriousness, humans are heterotrophs; we cannot produce our own food. So the fact is that we must consume other organisms in order to survive. I'm not saying that we should treat animals cruelly, but I don't think that there is anything wrong with eating meat. And remember, vegetarians contribute to animal cruelty as well. Ever wonder how many animals lost their habitat and died off as a result of land being cleared for farms?

Upvote 0

Noddingdog

Noderator
Jan 25, 2003
Noddingdogsville
Visit site
✟17,417.00
Faith
Christian
To me, human life and animal life are comparable because all animals, which humans are animals, experience pain and suffering. We don't know the capacity of thinking for all animals, but we do know that all animals feel and experience pain and suffering. With this, we try as much as possible to limit that pain and suffering as much as possible.

Quick! Someone stop that rabbit from building that power plant in my backyard! There's too many of them, they're going to overrun us fellow species one day, I mean we are only about 4 million years ahead of them technologically and mentally! :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you are trying to put humans on the same level as animals, why have they not advanced and given us some competition in our building of houses and factories? Why do they not resist us when we try to claim new land? They are dumb. They have the capacity to stop us but they do not. Imagine the chaos that would be caused if all animals, even of a single species, decided one day to unite against us humans. But they never will, because they are lower than us mentally.

And that's just without referring to the Bible. God said "Take and eat" and declared all meat from animals clean to eat. Whilst you personally may be an evolutionist, Christians should refer to the Bible in such matters for the final word and authority in the issue.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying we should treat animals like they are worthless. I do not agree with torturing or seriously harassing animals, that would be an inhumane thing to do. What I am saying is that I feel that we are higher than they are, and they should not be treated as we treat other humans. This is the Biblical order of things.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
EvolvEarth said:
Are animals just horrible creatures worth less than a human? No, they're not. I believe all animal life has equal value by default.

Actually, what we do to animals is worse than genocide because we're basically raising animals, mistreating them, reproducing them, then killing them for nothing more than the pleasure of taste.

To me, human life and animal life are comparable because all animals, which humans are animals

When will humans come off their high horse and become less pompous?

3 statements that are utterly ridiculous. I'll become less pompous when the animal can tell me where it hurts. M

Upvote 0