P. E. T. A.

If anyone can show me in the scripture where it specifically says "animals do not have souls and do not go to heaven," I would appreciate it. There is also no scripture saying animals do have souls and are going to heaven.

There is enough scripture supporting the possibility of animals being in heaven to cause doubt. It is a matter of what you believe. The bottom line is, we won't know until we get there. But in the mean time, I think it's mean to tell people their pet who has loved them unconditionally is not going to be in heaven. Especially since there is no scripture specficially saying that.

Christians are being sarcastic towards other Christians, implying their version of the Bible is at worst geared towards children or at best implying it's not a correct version. To me that does not exhibit the love of God.

The only possible explanation I can come up with is the majority of people who post in this forum are not Christian and don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Anyway, back on topic - to the poster who said they had a feeling I wouldn't be interested in whether or not it hurts cows to be milked? How do you know that? I only found this board a few days ago, and I have a feeling I'm going "unfind it" shortly.

Assuming you're correct, would you say milking a cow hurts more than not being milked? If milking hurts,why do most herds automatically show up at a specific time each more to be milked. Why aren't they running and hiding?

Why doesn't Peta address the issues I mentioned. Education and finding more humane ways to slaugher animals? Why do they want to take my fuzzy friends away from me? And what would they do with Heidi, our blind senile Yorkie? Let her fend for herself? Turn her loose and say "be free?" Heidi has all the freedom she wants. She also has humans to protect her and worry about her.

Peta also does not practice what it preaches regarding holding animals in high regard. It does, on occasion , kill them. I know of one instance where Peta did kill an animal, and I'm positive there are more.

Peta is a joke. Unfortunately they remind me of people standing on street corners screaming verses from the Bible. People are turned off. They cross the street. For every convert you get, there are 10 who embarrassed to associate with your organization.

God instilled the love of animals inside of me when I was a child, and like I said in a previous post, I am tired of people looking down their noses at me, saying "you're not one of those crazy Peta people are you?" simply because I say I'm not into hunting or become upset at the latest animal cruelty article to hit the newspapers.

Upvote 0

ocean

Banned (just kidding)
Sep 25, 2002
van city
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
judifedway said:
Why doesn't Peta address the issues I mentioned. Education and finding more humane ways to slaugher animals?

There is no humane way to murder an animal. People killing animals for their own pleasure is wrong, regardless of how the animals are killed.

Back on topic:

I think PETA needs to tone down it's methods of advertisement ('the holocaust on your plate' thing) to avoid offending people. They can still get their point across without going to the extreme.

Upvote 0
Hi:
With all due respect, I think there are humane ways to kill an animal. Lethal injection vs electrocution; using a stun gun and then cutting the throat or outright cutting the throat; shooting vs hanging etc. etc.

I do agree with you about sport killing. These are the jerks who go to game farms and kill semi-wild animals who have been raised in zoos and are used to being around humans. Or take the .... who thought it was nifty to chase a herd of elk (with an airplane) into a 10' high solid corral and start shooting.

That said, there are people who need to hunt and kill animals specifically to put food on the table. The eskimos in Alaska come to mind, as do homeless people (pigeons etc) and people living in extremely rural areas.

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"when PETA learned that the photographs of Holocaust victims displayed in its roving exhibit -- entitled “The Holocaust on Your Plate” -- included Nobel Peace Prize winner Elie Wiesel as a young man at the Buchenwald concentration camp, it shrugged. “Six million people died in concentration camps,” laments Ingrid Newkirk, “but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughterhouses.” "

From: http://www.consumerfreedom.com/activistcash/org_motivation.cfm?ORG_ID=21

If "Kirk" means "Church," (Old English/German) doesn't Ingrid Newkirk's last name mean "New Church"? Seems fitting to me...

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟15,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tribe said:
Sport hunting is fine so long as you , or someone else, eat your kill.

I'd totally agree, in said cases it's no different than eating meat from the supermarket, what's it matter if you or someone else killed your turkey.

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ryder said:
I'd totally agree, in said cases it's no different than eating meat from the supermarket, what's it matter if you or someone else killed your turkey.

It dosen't matter to the PETA crowd. The simple fact that an animal has been killed is enough to get their dander up.

Upvote 0

Ryder

Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟15,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Knight said:
It dosen't matter to the PETA crowd. The simple fact that an animal has been killed is enough to get their dander up.

Oh I know. I just think hunting and super-market meat are in the same boat. Peta would say they are both wrong and I'd say they are both right, I'm just of the mindset that they aren't different and that they stand or fall philosophicaly together.

Upvote 0

ocean

Banned (just kidding)
Sep 25, 2002
van city
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
Tribe said:
Sport hunting is fine so long as you , or someone else, eat your kill.

That is even worse! As if killing the poor creature isn't enough, you actually want to eat it?

There is no reason whatsoever to eat the flesh of dead animals, we can survive and thrive on a vegetarian diet.

Hunting is evil.

:(

Upvote 0

Ryder

Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟15,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ocean said:
That is even worse! As if killing the poor creature isn't enough, you actually want to eat it?

There is no reason whatsoever to eat the flesh of dead animals, we can survive and thrive on a vegetarian diet.

Hunting is evil.

:(

If it's already dead, how is eating it worse? Wouldn't it be worse to throw its carcuss in the ditch and waste it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ocean said:

So, it would be better in your opinion (better, but not good) to hunt and kill the animal and let it rot under a tree?

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ocean said:

And if you want to you can go right ahead. Nobody is stopping you.

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ocean said:
You missed my point. Hunting is wrong, regardless of whether or not you eat the animal.

IMO, it would be better (but still wrong) to leave the corpse in the woods and not to eat it.

It would seem that I didn't miss your point at all, as you've confirmed. Your point seems bizarre to me, but I didn't miss it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ryder

Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟15,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:D LOL,

We are drifting off topic here now... This seems to happen no matter what we try, whenever peta is discussed it always turns into basic veg/omnivore discussions. Anyhow, does anyone have any other thoughts on the 'holocaust on your plate' campaign? Before we are totaly seperated from the topic TheBear was trying to share. I've already said I think it's disgusting tactics on peta's part. Anyone know more about peta's other campaigns for that matter?

Upvote 0

ocean

Banned (just kidding)
Sep 25, 2002
van city
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
My last post was poorly worded, and I apologize if it confused some of you. I'm not crazy.

It does not matter whether or not you eat the animal, it's still taking a life for no reason and it's still wrong.

What a sickening website.

How would you feel if it was the opposite:

Animals

Eating

Tasty

People

Upvote 0