Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne says BILL BARR About to Break Biggest Scandal in American History

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, he's a protege' of Warren Buffett, experienced handling large sums of money internationally, and acted as an intermediary in a tale of international espionage.
IOW he had sex with a Russian agent.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not only is Trump's personal behavior completely amoral and disgusting, he can't help but use his ill-gained power to keep hammering on his "enemies."

And his DOJ enabler acted with complete dishonesty and untrustworthiness.

What does this have to do with the article or the OP?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,768.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here's your answer:
It references an Attorney General who has abused the power of his office by doing everything possible to prevent the Mueller Report from being shared, starting with a bogus misinterpretation of the report, releasing it on Good Friday to mute the press response, not releasing the redacted report for three weeks to allow his lies to percolate. Refusing to submit subpoenaed material to the House Committee, advising witnesses not to
testify.

And so, seeing that the DOJ has been corrupted and politicized, it seems obvious that any already resolved history he tries to dredge up is: 1) weaponizong the DOJ and 2) a smokescreen for more current treachery.

He has lost the faith of America and destroyed his reputation which had only one serious act of obstruction in the late 1980's.

In short, when investigations are launched by an Attorney General who has proven himself to be corrupt, dishonest, and a shield for the wrongdoing of the president, one cannot help but disbelieve them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because he had sex with convicted Russian agent, Maria Butina. He's like James Bond.
Oh, so another guy caught up with Russia trying to spin his way out of it? Or at least a CYA kind of situation to get out of the way of whatever happens to Barr.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so another guy caught up with Russia trying to spin his way out of it? Or at least a CYA kind of situation to get out of the way of whatever happens to Barr.
Sunlight is a great disinfectant. The innocent have nothing to hide.

IF your theory is correct AND if he has nothing to hide THEN his best hope of surviving the dragnet is to pro-actively get his version out in the public domain first.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From the "I was at Ground Zero", files: WOW! Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne Fires Off Warning Shot to Deep State — BILL BARR is About to Break Biggest Scandal in American History

Patrick Byrne: I ended up in the center of the Russian and the Clinton investigations ... a nuclear ice breaker called the USS Bill Barr has snuck up on them and is about to ram midship.

That’s about to happen and I think we’re about to see the biggest scandal in American history as a result. But it was all political. Everything you think you know about Russia and Clinton investigations is a lie. It’s all a cover-up. It was all political espionage.

Here's more detail ...
Russia Probe Twist: A Billion Dollar CEO, A Convicted Russian Agent And The FBI

Byrne’s decision to come forward didn’t come lightly. However, he said it was necessary after watching what had transpired between the FBI, the intelligence community and the probe into President Trump’s campaign over the past several years.

“It was something I knew I had to do,” he told this reporter. “Those running the operation were not honest and in the end I realized I was being used in some sort of soft coup.”

Familiar with the possible backlash he will face, he made the decision to go public after speaking to his mentor and longtime friend billionaire Warren Buffet, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Buffet ... sent SaraACarter.com a statement Tuesday night confirming his meeting with Byrne at his home in Omaha, Nebraska several weeks ago
.​
Overstock shares fall for third-straight day after CEO comments on ‘Deep State’

Overstock shares plummeted more than 22 percent on Wednesday, marking their third consecutive day of losses since CEO Patrick Byrne made controversial comments about his role in the “Deep State.”

Byrne released a statement Monday responding to claims in a blog post of his involvement in the federal government’s investigation into the 2016 election. In it, he referred to federal agents as “the Men in Black” and said he assisted in investigations related to the Clintons and Russian interference.

Upvote 0

SammyClifnote

Aug 13, 2019
Walla Walla
✟9,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
From the "I was at Ground Zero", files: WOW! Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne Fires Off Warning Shot to Deep State — BILL BARR is About to Break Biggest Scandal in American History

Patrick Byrne: I ended up in the center of the Russian and the Clinton investigations ... a nuclear ice breaker called the USS Bill Barr has snuck up on them and is about to ram midship.

That’s about to happen and I think we’re about to see the biggest scandal in American history as a result. But it was all political. Everything you think you know about Russia and Clinton investigations is a lie. It’s all a cover-up. It was all political espionage.

Here's more detail ...
Russia Probe Twist: A Billion Dollar CEO, A Convicted Russian Agent And The FBI

Byrne’s decision to come forward didn’t come lightly. However, he said it was necessary after watching what had transpired between the FBI, the intelligence community and the probe into President Trump’s campaign over the past several years.

“It was something I knew I had to do,” he told this reporter. “Those running the operation were not honest and in the end I realized I was being used in some sort of soft coup.”

Familiar with the possible backlash he will face, he made the decision to go public after speaking to his mentor and longtime friend billionaire Warren Buffet, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Buffet ... sent SaraACarter.com a statement Tuesday night confirming his meeting with Byrne at his home in Omaha, Nebraska several weeks ago
.​

As one grows older one learns that seldom is the world as exciting as the TV-box tells you.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Overstock shares plummeted more than 22 percent on Wednesday, marking their third consecutive day of losses since CEO Patrick Byrne made controversial comments about his role in the “Deep State.”

Byrne released a statement Monday responding to claims in a blog post of his involvement in the federal government’s investigation into the 2016 election. In it, he referred to federal agents as “the Men in Black” and said he assisted in investigations related to the Clintons and Russian interference.

Makes sense. Not everyone would be pleased with his remarks. I expect he factored this in before he ever decided to go public with his involvement. Perhaps the thinking was better to let the market adjust however it was going to adjust gradually rather than being in the middle when the hammer came down.

Upvote 0

SammyClifnote

Aug 13, 2019
Walla Walla
✟9,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Makes sense. Not everyone would be pleased with his remarks. I expect he factored this in before he ever decided to go public with his involvement. Perhaps the thinking was better to let the market adjust however it was going to adjust gradually rather than being in the middle when the hammer came down.

I thought Overstock was trying to get out of selling stuff and get into the crypto currency/blockchain market. Huh...maybe when the CEO decides to rip up the entire point of the company and replace it people get a bit spooked...then when said CEO opts to start going into the whole Deep State conspiracy stuff it's a good sign that the stock needs to be run away from at high, high speed.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Byrne released a statement Monday responding to claims in a blog post of his involvement in the federal government’s investigation into the 2016 election. In it, he referred to federal agents as “the Men in Black” and said he assisted in investigations related to the Clintons and Russian interference.​
Who could have known that a company's CEO falling for wild conspiracy theories would cause investors to lose confidence in their leadership abilities?

• Agree
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Their stock has been kind of all over the place regardless.
Kinda looks like the stock was pumped (for whatever reason) just prior to his interview and that it has returned to its normal trading range now. The stock is now back exactly where it was a month ago and only slightly below where it was one week ago.

big.chart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And today ... Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne Quits As 'Deep State' Remarks Cause Uproar

With his company's stock in free fall, Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne resigned as CEO and from the company's board on Thursday, effective immediately.​

Though curiously, it appears that the stock price has recovered nicely. The article is just wrong about it being in free fall.
big.chart

Upvote 0