• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne says BILL BARR About to Break Biggest Scandal in American History

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Aug 12, 2019.

1. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,575
    Methodist
    Married
    From the "I was at Ground Zero", files: WOW! Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne Fires Off Warning Shot to Deep State — BILL BARR is About to Break Biggest Scandal in American History

Patrick Byrne: I ended up in the center of the Russian and the Clinton investigations ... a nuclear ice breaker called the USS Bill Barr has snuck up on them and is about to ram midship.

That’s about to happen and I think we’re about to see the biggest scandal in American history as a result. But it was all political. Everything you think you know about Russia and Clinton investigations is a lie. It’s all a cover-up. It was all political espionage.

Here's more detail ...
    Russia Probe Twist: A Billion Dollar CEO, A Convicted Russian Agent And The FBI

Byrne’s decision to come forward didn’t come lightly. However, he said it was necessary after watching what had transpired between the FBI, the intelligence community and the probe into President Trump’s campaign over the past several years.

“It was something I knew I had to do,” he told this reporter. “Those running the operation were not honest and in the end I realized I was being used in some sort of soft coup.”

Familiar with the possible backlash he will face, he made the decision to go public after speaking to his mentor and longtime friend billionaire Warren Buffet, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Buffet ... sent SaraACarter.com a statement Tuesday night confirming his meeting with Byrne at his home in Omaha, Nebraska several weeks ago
    .​

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Willie T

Willie T St. Petersburg Vineyard

+1,709
    Christian
    Married
    It should be SOMETHING to watch unfold.

3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+9,510
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    US-Democrat
    ooookay... So, this guy was one of many to get ensnared by the Russian honey pot (?kissel pot?) Maria Butina and that now makes him an expert on stuff.

I wonder if that was how he really contracted Hep C.

4. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+11,635
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    When a poster looks for unvarnished, unbiased truth in investigative reporting, he always looks toward a CEO who got a big tax cut.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,650
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Gateway Pundit - Questionable Source - Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Nationalism, Some Fake News ^_^
    NewsGuard on SaraACarter.com - Not bad overall:
    This website generally maintains basic standards of credibility and transparency with some significant exceptions: Failed on
    • "Gathers and presents information responsibly"
    • Handles the difference between news and opinion responsibly"
    :oldthumbsup:

6. NightHawkeye

+7,575
    Methodist
    Married
    Thanks DaisyDay. :oldthumbsup: Getting approval on One out of two is not bad.

There were actually three sources altogether though. Fox Business did the interview. Gateway Pundit merely provided the quotes. Sara A Carter was the reporter apparently chosen by Patrick Byrne to break the story. She's good. Really good. Her reporting enhances Patrick Byrnes' credibility a lot.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  7. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+8,409
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Keep us posted.

8. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,113
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    That failed utterly? Or was Trump doin' the couin'?

Nice to see another "real soon now" thread NHE, well done. :oldthumbsup:

9. NightHawkeye

+7,575
    Methodist
    Married
    Why thank you, Tanj.

Always nice to be appreciated.

10. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,523
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Not only is Trump's personal behavior completely amoral and disgusting, he can't help but use his ill-gained power to keep hammering on his "enemies."

And his DOJ enabler acted with complete dishonesty and untrustworthiness.

11. Nithavela

Nithavela lologist

+10,002
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Wake me up when there's something substantial and not just announcements.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. NightHawkeye

+7,575
    Methodist
    Married
    Subsequent to Byrnes' interview, Sara Carter confirmed that John Durham is investigating Byrnes' claims:
    Overstock CEO Turned Over Docs To DOJ ‘on FBI’s Russian and Hillary Clinton Probes’

Connecticut attorney John Durham, who has been appointed by Justice Department investigator Attorney General William Barr is probing the FBI’s handling of the investigation into Russia probe, and according to several sources is investigating the full extent of Byrne’s claims and the documentation he provided in April.​

13. Alien Lotus

Alien Lotus Member

+187
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Why would the CEO of Overstock.Com be privy to this.

14. essentialsaltes

+8,409
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Because he had sex with convicted Russian agent, Maria Butina. He's like James Bond.

15. NightHawkeye

+7,575
    Methodist
    Married
    Apparently, he's a protege' of Warren Buffett, experienced handling large sums of money internationally, and acted as an intermediary in a tale of international espionage.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,523
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    It doesn't seem as if Byrne and Buffett would be friends. Buffett is a good judge of character.

I now know another online company to boycott.

17. JohnAshton

JohnAshton New Member

+30
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    Byrne may be embroiled with the Russians himself.

18. essentialsaltes

+8,409
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Doubtful. If you read the Sara Carter story, Byrne had a security clearance. When he was approached by a Russian woman half his age who wanted to 'pretend' to have a relationship so that she could get him in contact with important Russian figures, he did what any right thinking American (but not certain presidential family members) would do -- immediately tell the feds. He was worried about jeopardizing his clearance, so he was open about what was going on.

They told him it was ok to move forward, and it seems he kept them informed of what was going on.

The beef seems to be that in Butina's trial, none of this information from an informant was made available to the defense.

I have no idea about the legal ins or outs, but at this point, the most exciting thing I see coming out of this is a retrial for Butina.

However, in order to sell his new cryptocurrency, Byrne made more exciting noises to Fox Business. "I'm on Trump's side. I'm on your side. I know a lot about money. Send me your dollars for my cryptocurrency."

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  19. JohnAshton

JohnAshton New Member

+30
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    If defense did not get everything per law, a new trial should be held.

20. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+4,918
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Wasn't Buffet just Soros jr? Why would he be encouraging this move?