Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If by Spirit, you mean our thoughts of God, then we agree, as in it is essentially up to us.

My view of "spirit" may be different than others. To me the Spirit of God is simply our thoughts as they pertain to God. We live as God wants, we have the Spirit of God. The thought of God and what he wants me not to do is the Spirit of God guiding me, or my recognition of, and choosing too, abide by his word, or me letting his thoughts and expectations be mine as well. All completely under my control of whether I choose that spirit or the spirit of Satan.

Now if the view of the term is something other than that, ot that but something beyond, then I would have to ask for further definition.

I saw someone seeing me as someone who intentionally added a "sneaky" comment into my thoughts here, and it put me off from further interest/comment to their post. A bit impatient of me? Maybe, but though nothing has changed even after taking second looks, I'll get over it.
haha -in regard to being sneaky -then you took it the wrong way and out of context .. :p.. in regard to 'the spirit '....i'm not going to go there -its a rabbit hole of mine fields -a topic for another thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sneaky? Do you consider unjust accusation a sin?

I think you are picking apart something that makes pretty good sense to me, so let's just let others judge the two views and draw their own conclusion.
i must say though ... I called the line of text and what it implied .. "sneaky ' i didn't call "you ' sneaky .. HOWEVER ..
i note you addressed that one word ..and ignored the entire post ...

so here it is again .. see if you can get past the word sneaky and consider to content below it ..:)

now lets address that sneaky line in your post which has serious implication and should be clarified ...
you say "I repent and the next several such offers to party or sin in some other way are rejected,..... and then your walking with god ..? - why only the next several offers .. why not all ? are you not free? (you are free if you have died in chrsit ) but are you then saying walking with God means leaving off walking with him and coming back to him then walking off again whenever you choose and your thinking that's somehow ok ? please clarify . so we can see if we simple have misunderstanding .

if you had repented ..you would not be going back ..that reneging on repentance -its also called rebellion .It also displays that a person is not yet born of god .
you need to consider your speaking to some in this thread who have walked and talked the things you are saying, have been those drug addicts and those locked in the loathsomeness of sexual immorality and inappropriate content etc .. and have been born again and utterly left such things behind .so we KNOW what christ can do and we know we have to fully surrender to him so that he can effect that transformation in us .. in short ,, we had to come to a place of true repentance .. we had to change our mind and flow Jesus and DO what HE SAYS .. not what our flesh says or desires . He came and he set us free and then he empowers us so we can .
If you think we can go back and walk in the sin he set us free from (ie - practice the sin we know to be sin ) and not be burned you are mistaken. that is a ear tickling sickly sweet modern day lie . so i sincerely hope that's not what your promoting .
we can do lots of good things but the lord jesus says of those who say but lord lord we did this and that .etc and he says to them .... depart from me you workers of iniquity ,i do not know you . yes he points out the truth that they continued to do acts or sin ...works of unrighteousness ..workers of iniquity .
NO ,when you repent you dont "slip up" .....you grow up and you stand up and you stop practicing that sin...

Does that mean you stop that day and dont muck up ..IT SHOULD and WILL mean that if your smart . but nope ..sometimes it means you stop and then if you are an idiot like me .. you do it again because god was gracious in the past to you ... and then look out !!! for the lord will rebuke you and the weight of his displeasure will be heavy upon you and you will know with all your knowing that you are damned if he were not to forgive you .. and when he relents from his anger at you and forgives you .. you dont EVER want to experience that again and you flee even the thought of that sin from then on .. and you cease doing it .. you dont go back to it you dont want to and as his spirit lives in you ..you know you CANNOT continue in it .you know better and he know you know .

it is not matters of just theory i speak of but experiential knowledge .

1 john ch 3 is not a chapter read in many churches these days .. it is possible one of the most uncomfortable set of verses in the NT .
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.
But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 4:30
Ephesians 1:13 (sealed.)
John 5:25 (has passed from death unto life, no condemnation)
John 3:16
John 3:3 (being born again, of the Spirit, which you are sealed with)
Romans 6:23 (the gift)
Romans 8:12-13 (we are debtors, because our sins are now paid for, works come from this)
Ephesians 2:8-9
Romans 5:9 (justified by His blood)
Romans 3:25 (atonement, by his blood, through faith)
Jesus is the passover Lamb.

This is the gospel.
nope --its nice,its great !but its not the whole gospel it's a partial delivering of it ..the good news of the lord Jesus contains bit the truth that we can be saved and then the instructions on HOW to be saved . many recibe the part that they can be saved .. but they do not go on to faithfully follow the instructions on how to be . ie - they dont repent and stop going the way there did before .. they keep practicing sin. they do not walk in "love" . if they did , they would not continue to practice sin.becaseu it is impossible to sin while loving .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing presumptuous about concluding that (1) Ananias and Sapphira were genuine Christians, (3) they lied to the Holy Spirit, and (3) they died prematurely because of that. This illustrates the consequences of sinning by Christians, and is called "the sin unto death".
i cant make that judgement of them either way . but i can measure the scenario against the word of god.. so if i apply 1 john chapter three ... thier act of lying to the holy Spirit shows that they were of the devil and not of god ...

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to add something:

There is growth in the faith, growth in Christ.
"I believe, God help me with my unbelief."

So if you feel bad about your sins and even bad about the lack of your repentance, don't despair !
Hang in there, don't give up, even when your salvation looks bleak because your sin is lukewarmness and you look for (and may find) excuses to continue 'habits of the flesh'.

The belief is God given, and God will finish his Work.

I'm saying this because i know it can be very worrying when your repentance is lagging while others seem to 'succeed'.

Sure, 'you will know them by their fruits', but it can take a considerable amount of time before one bares the fruits.
And 'slow' can also mean 'thorough'.
this has got to be addressed .. it is mingeld gospel.. and there are those of us here that all preached it in the past -mingled with truth and unbelief (not your fault though.. and certainly its heading the right way .. but its not complete..)
its late so i'm not going to go further right now ... :) not trying to condemn you at all for what you're saying as i once said it myself ..but the victory that "others ' are knowing is available to you and all..instantly ,not in some far off distant day month or year SO DO have hope ... more later :)

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this has got to be addressed .. it is mingeld gospel.. and there are those of us here that all preached it in the past -mingled with truth and unbelief (not your fault though.. and certainly its heading the right way .. but its not complete..)
its late so i'm not going to go further right now ... :) not trying to condemn you at all for what you're saying as i once said it myself ..but the victory that "others ' are knowing is available to you and all..instantly ,not in some far off distant day month or year SO DO have hope ... more later :)
I do have hope and i am growing in Christ.
I think the "instantly" Gospel makes many believe God is not interested in them.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do have hope and i am growing in Christ.
I think the "instantly" Gospel makes many believe God is not interested in them.
Depends what you mean.. ..if i was drowning and going under...instantly would be pretty good lol.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Depends what you mean.. ..if i was drowning and going under...instantly would be pretty good lol.
Often it is essential to drown and go under, be broken, because it causes humility and repentance, like it did to Job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i must say though ... I called the line of text and what it implied .. "sneaky ' i didn't call "you ' sneaky .. HOWEVER ..
i note you addressed that one word ..and ignored the entire post ...

so here it is again .. see if you can get past the word sneaky and consider to content below it ..:)

now lets address that sneaky line in your post which has serious implication and should be clarified ...
you say "I repent and the next several such offers to party or sin in some other way are rejected,..... and then your walking with god ..? - why only the next several offers .. why not all ? are you not free? (you are free if you have died in chrsit ) but are you then saying walking with God means leaving off walking with him and coming back to him then walking off again whenever you choose and your thinking that's somehow ok ? please clarify . so we can see if we simple have misunderstanding .

if you had repented ..you would not be going back ..that reneging on repentance -its also called rebellion .It also displays that a person is not yet born of god .
you need to consider your speaking to some in this thread who have walked and talked the things you are saying, have been those drug addicts and those locked in the loathsomeness of sexual immorality and inappropriate content etc .. and have been born again and utterly left such things behind .so we KNOW what christ can do and we know we have to fully surrender to him so that he can effect that transformation in us .. in short ,, we had to come to a place of true repentance .. we had to change our mind and flow Jesus and DO what HE SAYS .. not what our flesh says or desires . He came and he set us free and then he empowers us so we can .
If you think we can go back and walk in the sin he set us free from (ie - practice the sin we know to be sin ) and not be burned you are mistaken. that is a ear tickling sickly sweet modern day lie . so i sincerely hope that's not what your promoting .
we can do lots of good things but the lord jesus says of those who say but lord lord we did this and that .etc and he says to them .... depart from me you workers of iniquity ,i do not know you . yes he points out the truth that they continued to do acts or sin ...works of unrighteousness ..workers of iniquity .
NO ,when you repent you dont "slip up" .....you grow up and you stand up and you stop practicing that sin...

Does that mean you stop that day and dont muck up ..IT SHOULD and WILL mean that if your smart . but nope ..sometimes it means you stop and then if you are an idiot like me .. you do it again because god was gracious in the past to you ... and then look out !!! for the lord will rebuke you and the weight of his displeasure will be heavy upon you and you will know with all your knowing that you are damned if he were not to forgive you .. and when he relents from his anger at you and forgives you .. you dont EVER want to experience that again and you flee even the thought of that sin from then on .. and you cease doing it .. you dont go back to it you dont want to and as his spirit lives in you ..you know you CANNOT continue in it .you know better and he know you know .

it is not matters of just theory i speak of but experiential knowledge .

1 john ch 3 is not a chapter read in many churches these days .. it is possible one of the most uncomfortable set of verses in the NT .
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.
But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.
I have said it before and will say it again. Scripture can be debated back and forth till the very last day as to sin and whether or not one can truly be freed from its grasp. Even if the overwhelming weight of verses tell us that Jesus has actually delivered us from the actual power of darkness, there are at present millions of believers who can not find it in their heart to believe it.

I contend that there are two types of men found in what we call the church today. One is the man who, like all of us in our lives, have found self to be a strong force to overcome. Oh, we can all turn the other cheek up to a point, can't we? We all have the capacity to love. We love with phileo love.... for friends, family, those who believe as we believe. But in all of us, there seems to be an anchor holding us back from truly being filled with agape love.

Yet there IS a difference. The first type of man, despite his limitations, he longs to love.... to love God with all of his heart, and yes, he also longs to love others as he does himself, even those who may disagree with him, or even wish him harm. He is weary of being moved to tears at an especially powerful worship service, only to descend back into the old him, bound with very obvious limits to his capacity to love others, even those of his own church, even his family.

Likewise concerning sin, it is a universal disease, is it not? But this one type of man hates that he is so weak, so fleshly. He wants to do good, to resist temptation, but there seems no hope, no instruction as to how. Even if this man has concluded it is unavoidable, impossible, it still bothers him deep in his core, a never healing sore on his soul, that he cannot walk pleasing to the Lord.

There is another type of manning our churches. Like the first, he does not love as God commands. His love for both God and fellow man is held with the same iron anchor. As well, sin has this man bound in the very same manner.

On the surface, one cannot discern any shred of difference between the two. From all outer appearances, both may appear "good", yet both lack agape love on the inside. Each can make "a fair show in the flesh", and actually look like good men. Not that they all actually do. There are, in both instances, men who are so overcome, with anchors so weighty, that none would see these as good men at all. Some almost revel in their lack, but others are cursed (or is it a blessing) with a rebellious flesh and the total inability to be soothed by others saying there is no condemnation. They know the evil that grips them, they long to be free, but it seems hopeless.

Sin, the desire to rule oneself, and put oneself first, whether it be opinions deemed correct, or ones own comfort before seeing another ones basic needs met, is a universal ailment. None is free of the disease. In churches today, both of these types of men exist, side by side, worshiping together.

But there is a difference between the two. Imperceptible to man, but clear as day is from night to the God we serve. And what is this difference God sees in each one of us that we do not?

It is the thoughts and intents of the heart.

And that, brothers and sisters, ought to either fill us with great hope and assurance, or bring shivers of fear and impending judgment to the depths of our soul.

I have said it before, and will again to any who will listen. If a man is found overcome in sin and self, bound with hated limits to his ability to love others, or to obey God, and it bothers him greatly, God will in these last days move heaven and earth to awaken him to the secret that has been buried and hidden from our eyes for over 1900 years.... the HOW of abiding in Him, where we can actually not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

But another, overcome in the very same manner, bound just as tightly, is one that has a name that he liveth, but make no mistake, he is a dead man walking. And it is our task in this present hour to look deep inside, and stare at what God clearly sees, the thoughts and intents of our hearts.

Are we Christians because we long for eternal life, or long to walk in the light as He is in the light? Is our goal heaven, or pleasing Him in all things? Are we so foolish to think a one time prayer will stop the judgment of God from falling upon our heads if we have zero desire to be brought into alignment with the goodness of God?

God does not wink at our sins. Every single one cost His beloved Son a moment in time on the cross, filled with excruciating pain and humiliation. He will, as we enter the valley of decision, decide if we hunger and thirst for righteousness and light or if we are simply deceiving and being deceived, wanting the benefits of God's mercy, yet with no desire in the least to please Him in our hearts.

Some will try to protect themselves, arming themselves with scriptures that attempts to assure themselves and others that all is well, regardless of their love for "just a little darkness". They will read the clear warnings given to us, and always figure a way to make it not say what it means or that it somehow applies to someone not named them.

Others, praise God, will, like Paul, finally see the depth of their lack, and admit that they truly are wretched men, bound men. They DO want the FREE INDEED Jesus promised us all. They long to stop committing sins. They long to love the Lord on Saturday nights just as they love Him on Sunday mornings. And do you know what? Their wish is about to be granted.

The wheat and tares have grown side by side, so intertwined that the entirety has a religious smack to it, ever since the grievous wolves entered into the flock after the death of Paul.cbut in these last days, there is a stirring, a stirring that will grow, as all are awakened by the light.

Some will be pulled by it into the freeing grace of God. Prostitutes, heroin addicts, soccer moms, laborers, all who love the light WILL come to it. The cost ? Self. And for these, what better news could there be? They get God in them in its place. As they awake, God will plant them on the highway of holiness that they had for a time thought was a myth. They WILL mount up with wings as eagles, and find that overcoming the world, the flesh and the devil is not only possible. It is our birthright and has been since the day we were born again.

Others, deceived and bound, religious but not righteous, will remain convinced that God's grace made loving the light no longer a requirement. Repentance? Obedience? Puffed up in their "revelation of the depths of grace", they will harden their hearts to the pull of the Spirit, for they are in no way desirous of losing their life. They want heaven, but would be miserable there, for there, righteousness reigns, not self.

The deception is real, and will only increase. So, what is the sum of the matter? What shall we do in light of these truths?

It is only this, answering one eternity altering question.

Which one am I?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i cant make that judgement of them either way . but i can measure the scenario against the word of god.. so if i apply 1 john chapter three ... thier act of lying to the holy Spirit shows that they were of the devil and not of god ...
Not necessarily. Satan also influenced Peter to oppose Christ in His commitment to go to the Cross. Peter was certainly not of the Devil yet Jesus said "Get thee behind me Satan". Any Christian can be influenced in like manner, and we are told that we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily. Satan also influenced Peter to oppose Christ in His commitment to go to the Cross. Peter was certainly not of the Devil yet Jesus said "Get thee behind me Satan". Any Christian can be influenced in like manner, and we are told that we wrestle not against flesh and blood.
and then peter got born again ... and did not continue to oppose the truth by carnal reasoning.
it remains .. we must both beleive and endure to the end to be saved ,,we must repent from sin and walk in the lords victory ..we must walk in the law of love .. it is not possible to walk in LOVE and sin at the same time .

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there are at present millions of believers who can not find it in their heart to believe it.
sorry for the partial quote ..am short on time ,but yes .. yet not that they cant find it in their hearts ..they dont want to. we didn't. because it confronted us with the truth we found uncomfortable ..that we actually loved our sin and hated christ .. there is simply no other reason a person set free then continue to repeat an action they are set free from doing .(harsh i know but love to point it out )
and then came true repentance .. we changed our mind to love chrsit more then sin and forsook sin because the moment we truly changed our minds toward God ,he empowered us to walk in the freedom he had already obtained for us on the cross .

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have said it before and will say it again. Scripture can be debated back and forth till the very last day as to sin and whether or not one can truly be freed from its grasp. Even if the overwhelming weight of verses tell us that Jesus has actually delivered us from the actual power of darkness, there are at present millions of believers who can not find it in their heart to believe it.

I contend that there are two types of men found in what we call the church today. One is the man who, like all of us in our lives, have found self to be a strong force to overcome. Oh, we can all turn the other cheek up to a point, can't we? We all have the capacity to love. We love with phileo love.... for friends, family, those who believe as we believe. But in all of us, there seems to be an anchor holding us back from truly being filled with agape love.

Yet there IS a difference. The first type of man, despite his limitations, he longs to love.... to love God with all of his heart, and yes, he also longs to love others as he does himself, even those who may disagree with him, or even wish him harm. He is weary of being moved to tears at an especially powerful worship service, only to descend back into the old him, bound with very obvious limits to his capacity to love others, even those of his own church, even his family.

Likewise concerning sin, it is a universal disease, is it not? But this one type of man hates that he is so weak, so fleshly. He wants to do good, to resist temptation, but there seems no hope, no instruction as to how. Even if this man has concluded it is unavoidable, impossible, it still bothers him deep in his core, a never healing sore on his soul, that he cannot walk pleasing to the Lord.

There is another type of manning our churches. Like the first, he does not love as God commands. His love for both God and fellow man is held with the same iron anchor. As well, sin has this man bound in the very same manner.

On the surface, one cannot discern any shred of difference between the two. From all outer appearances, both may appear "good", yet both lack agape love on the inside. Each can make "a fair show in the flesh", and actually look like good men. Not that they all actually do. There are, in both instances, men who are so overcome, with anchors so weighty, that none would see these as good men at all. Some almost revel in their lack, but others are cursed (or is it a blessing) with a rebellious flesh and the total inability to be soothed by others saying there is no condemnation. They know the evil that grips them, they long to be free, but it seems hopeless.

Sin, the desire to rule oneself, and put oneself first, whether it be opinions deemed correct, or ones own comfort before seeing another ones basic needs met, is a universal ailment. None is free of the disease. In churches today, both of these types of men exist, side by side, worshiping together.

But there is a difference between the two. Imperceptible to man, but clear as day is from night to the God we serve. And what is this difference God sees in each one of us that we do not?

And that, brothers and sisters, ought to either fill us with great hope and assurance, or bring shivers of fear and impending judgment to the depths of our soul.

I have said it before, and will again to any who will listen. If a man is found overcome in sin and self, bound with hated limits to his ability to love others, or to obey God, and it bothers him greatly, God will in these last days move heaven and earth to awaken him to the secret that has been buried and hidden from our eyes for over 1900 years.... the HOW of abiding in Him, where we can actually not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

But another, overcome in the very same manner, bound just as tightly, is one that has a name that he liveth, but make no mistake, he is a dead man walking. And it is our task in this present hour to look deep inside, and stare at what God clearly sees, the thoughts and intents of our hearts.

Are we Christians because we long for eternal life, or long to walk in the light as He is in the light? Is our goal heaven, or pleasing Him in all things? Are we so foolish to think a one time prayer will stop the judgment of God from falling upon our heads if we have zero desire to be brought into alignment with the goodness of God?

God does not wink at our sins. Every single one cost His beloved Son a moment in time on the cross, filled with excruciating pain and humiliation. He will, as we enter the valley of decision, decide if we hunger and thirst for righteousness and light or if we are simply deceiving and being deceived, wanting the benefits of God's mercy, yet with no desire in the least to please Him in our hearts.

Some will try to protect themselves, arming themselves with scriptures that attempts to assure themselves and others that all is well, regardless of their love for "just a little darkness". They will read the clear warnings given to us, and always figure a way to make it not say what it means or that it somehow applies to someone not named them.

Others, praise God, will, like Paul, finally see the depth of their lack, and admit that they truly are wretched men, bound men. They DO want the FREE INDEED Jesus promised us all. They long to stop committing sins. They long to love the Lord on Saturday nights just as they love Him on Sunday mornings. And do you know what? Their wish is about to be granted.

The wheat and tares have grown side by side, so intertwined that the entirety has a religious smack to it, ever since the grievous wolves entered into the flock after the death of Paul.cbut in these last days, there is a stirring, a stirring that will grow, as all are awakened by the light.

Some will be pulled by it into the freeing grace of God. Prostitutes, heroin addicts, soccer moms, laborers, all who love the light WILL come to it. The cost ? Self. And for these, what better news could there be? They get God in them in its place. As they awake, God will plant them on the highway of holiness that they had for a time thought was a myth. They WILL mount up with wings as eagles, and find that overcoming the world, the flesh and the devil is not only possible. It is our birthright and has been since the day we were born again.

Others, deceived and bound, religious but not righteous, will remain convinced that God's grace made loving the light no longer a requirement. Repentance? Obedience? Puffed up in their "revelation of the depths of grace", they will harden their hearts to the pull of the Spirit, for they are in no way desirous of losing their life. They want heaven, but would be miserable there, for there, righteousness reigns, not self.

The deception is real, and will only increase. So, what is the sum of the matter? What shall we do in light of these truths?

Which one am I?

Bravo. *Clap*Clap*Clap*

God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Freedom Now

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
✟15,948.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Which one am I?

Gideons300,

Keep speaking this message, it is God's Truth.

I started on that journey of real freedom in 1991, and I can testify that it is life indeed.

Unless the old man (flesh) is crucified, dead and buried with Christ, you have not been raised to newness
of life. We have to lose our life to gain His life.

That is the only way . Christ will not make His home in us as long as the old man is living and in
control. Even our "free will" has to be put to death.

Oh how marvelous and free this New Life is.

Thank you my Lord for Your Grace and Love, that you have showered upon us in these days.

May those who seek Him with a pure desire for His life and freedom, take heart, His salvation
is at hand.
Surrender all and taste the goodness of GOD ALMIGHTY.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gideons300,

Keep speaking this message, it is God's Truth.

I started on that journey of real freedom in 1991, and I can testify that it is life indeed.

Unless the old man (flesh) is crucified, dead and buried with Christ, you have not been raised to newness
of life. We have to lose our life to gain His life.

That is the only way . Christ will not make His home in us as long as the old man is living and in
control. Even our "free will" has to be put to death.

Oh how marvelous and free this New Life is.

Thank you my Lord for Your Grace and Love, that you have showered upon us in these days.

May those who seek Him with a pure desire for His life and freedom, take heart, His salvation
is at hand.
Surrender all and taste the goodness of GOD ALMIGHTY.
Praise God, it is indeed real, and it does indeed work. Your comment on free will is not you but God.

We have many pearls that we value as old natured men. Our looks, our careers, family, money, sins that we especially are drawn to, but the last pearl that God asks us to lay on the alter is our free will.

In the parable of the prodigal son, when he finally "came to himself" and realized that even his father's servants had it better than him, it was then that the final cog fell into place. He went back to His Father and told Him that he was not worthy any longer to be a son, just let me serve you.

It was that that triggered the full celebration of sonship. The child willingly chose to give up his independence, and offer himself back to God as a bondservant, a servant for eternity with no hope and also no desire to ever be independent again. He was done with eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, where HE decided when to obey, what was right, how to live.

Free will was placed on the alter. It is our ultimate sacrifice, the last thing of value we possess. Actually, when aI think about it, it is the only thing, LOL. How hard it is for most to get to that point in our lives to willingly surrender ALL. Often, like with the prodigal, we finally have to learn to hate the old us. God simply lets our sins reprove and break us. In this, I have found that those bound with outwardly viewed "bad" sins have a distinct advantage. They know that in them dwells no good thing. But how hard it is to see if you are a "good man" with small, socially acceptable sins.

We have to see that self is not deserving of anything but death. Even good flesh stinks. It cannot love God with the whole heart. It certainly cannot love it's fellow man. It wants to obey God only when it agrees with God. It reserves the right to choose sin when it desires.

Oh, if we could see what wonder there is, what joy, what security, what FREEDOM there is when we willingly cast our crowns at His feet now, rather than waiting for Heaven to arrive to do so. Brother, this is a great revelation. I am sure God has blessed you a thousand times over during these last 25 years of your life. It is a challenge seeing so many walk on in their old nature when God's gift to them sits unopened on their shelves, but I can assure you, change is coming. God is beginning to awaken His own and the wheat and tares will not grow together much longer.

When we finally understand that our salvation is an exchange, our life for His in us, and that we are asked to willingly give up the free will that we possess, the sheep will understand that this is the pathway to blessing as we now can abide in Him and understand that it has been their old nature that has kept us bound. The goats will hear such words, and recoil in horror, for they love their free will, they thoroughly enjoy talk of God, of doctrines, of all things religious, but when it comes right down to it, they like their old nature, convinced that grace allows them to continue on the path that will lead to death, not life. It is important that we remember the words of the master after taking away from the wicked, unprofitable servant what had been entrusted to him.

"Then bring ALL those who would not have me to reign over them, and slay them before me."

And what was it that had been entrusted to them? Free will.

You have really encouraged me, brother. Perhaps we can talk sometime. It is not often I come across someone blessed with walking in their new nature, but it will get much more common soon!

Blessings,

Gids

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praise God, it is indeed real, and it does indeed work. Your comment on free will is not you but God.

We have many pearls that we value as old natured men. Our looks, our careers, family, money, sins that we especially are drawn to, but the last pearl that God asks us to lay on the alter is our free will.

In the parable of the prodigal son, when he finally "came to himself" and realized that even his father's servants had it better than him, it was then that the final cog fell into place. He went back to His Father and told Him "I am not worthy any longer to be a son, just let me serve you."

It was that ultimate offering that triggered the full celebration of sonship. The child willingly chose to give up his independence, and offer himself back to God as a bondservant, a servant for eternity with no hope and also no desire to ever be independent again. He was done with eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, where HE decided when to obey, what was right, how to live. He wanted to eat from the tree of life, where we live for His will alone.

God asks us for our free will to be placed on the alter. It is our ultimate sacrifice, the last thing of value we possess. Actually, when I think about it, it is the only thing, LOL. How hard it is for most to get to that point in our lives to willingly surrender ALL. Often, like with the prodigal, we finally have to learn to hate the old us. God simply lets our sins reprove and break us. In this, I have found that those bound with outwardly viewed "bad" sins have a distinct advantage. They know that in them dwells no good thing. They know that they need a physician. But how hard it is to see if you are a "good man" with small, socially acceptable sins to view yourself as worthy of death. How hard it is to see that all your righteousness is filthy rags in God's eyes, if you are comparing yourself to others rather than to Christ.

We have to see that self is not deserving of anything but death. Even good flesh stinks. It cannot love God with the whole heart. It certainly cannot love its fellow man. It wants to obey God only when it agrees with God. It reserves the right to choose sin when it desires, bottom line, self is in control, not God.

Oh, if we could see what wonder there is, what joy, what security, what FREEDOM there is when we willingly cast our crowns at His feet now, rather than waiting for Heaven to arrive to do so. Brother, this is a great revelation. I am sure God has blessed you a thousand times over during these last 25 years of your life. It is a challenge seeing so many walk on in their old nature when God's gift to them sits unopened on their shelves, but I can assure you, change is coming. God is beginning to awaken His own and the wheat and tares will not grow together much longer.

When we finally understand that our salvation is an exchange, our life for His in us, and that we are asked to willingly give up the free will that we possess, the sheep will understand that this is the pathway to blessing as we now can abide in Him and understand that it has been their old nature that has kept us bound. The goats will hear such words, and recoil in horror, for they love their free will, they thoroughly enjoy talk of God, of doctrines, of all things religious, but when it comes right down to it, they like their old nature, convinced that grace allows them to continue on the path that will lead to death, not life. It is important that we remember the words of the master after taking away from the wicked, unprofitable servant what had been entrusted to him.

"Then bring ALL those who would not have me to reign over them, and slay them before me."

And what was it that had been entrusted to them? Free will.

You have really encouraged me, brother. Perhaps we can talk sometime. It is not often I come across someone blessed with walking in their new nature, but it will get much more common soon!

Blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

Scott_1983

Feb 7, 2019
Brighton
✟8,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And there's me thinking the gospel was actually good news.

1 Corinthians 6: 9-11 (ESV)

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

And that was to the infamous carnal Corinthians.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And there's me thinking the gospel was actually good news.

1 Corinthians 6: 9-11 (ESV)

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

And that was to the infamous carnal Corinthians.
Shall we simply ignore the scriptures about willful sin and rebuilding again that which God destroyed, making ourselves transgressors? The gospel is far greater news than we can imagine, but until we truly long to be released from our fallen nature, our ‘old man’, we cannot see that responding to God is not for the religious zealot, but is th way to joy unspeakable and full of glory.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0