Oct 13, 2003
Virginia
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tangnefedd said:
The only spirit in my house is the Holy Spirit, amen!!

I never did quite work out what the holy spirit was supposed to be, but it is welcome to join our happy band of spooks, LOL!!!!!!1
Well, the Holy Spirit is God, an equal part of the Trinity!

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tangnefedd said:
I realise that, but no one has ever given me a satifactory explanation for why there is a father, son and holy ghost, or as I heard it referred to once as, Dad, Junior and the Spook!
There are plenty of threads here that cover that very discussion. Perhaps you could look in the Catholic forum...I've read some comprehensive threads over there about the Trinity. "Dad, Junior, and the Spook" doesn't quite seem to do justice to a concept that very many, including myself, consider extremely Holy and sacred.

Love, Heather

Upvote 0

Bohemian

Aspiring Musician
Oct 13, 2003
Virginia
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tangnefedd said:
I realise that, but no one has ever given me a satifactory explanation for why there is a father, son and holy ghost, or as I heard it referred to once as, Dad, Junior and the Spook!
I must confess even I don't what the Trinity is, and why it is what it is!:p
Anyways, I don't think anyone can ever know. The concept is a little over our heads!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CJF

...love alters not...
Feb 26, 2002
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tangnefedd said:
Jesus was a man of his time. Demons were used to explain mental illness in those days.
Excuse but, um, no. People were DEMON POSSESSED. Those people would cut themselves, bite themselves, wreck havock in their homes and on their families, and they weren't mentally dissoriented people, either. Once the DEMON was cast out of them, by Jesus Christ the everlasting Savior, the people were perfectly fine. Once, Jesus cast out more than one demon from a human, and they went into a heard of pigs and drove the pigs over the cliff. Yeah. Doesn't sound like an illness to me.

Upvote 0

CJ.23

Feb 5, 2004
Cotswolds, UK
✟9,832.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Actually I might be interested in chatting. I have made a number of documentaries for the Discovery Channel on psychical research, and am currently working on a Living TV show, Most Haunted. I am the only active Christian as far as I know involved, and Derek the psychic and me do not see eye to eye on this: he knows I strongly oppose the practice of mediumship on religious grounds, but he sees his mediumship as a gift from God and is I think a Christian Spiritualist (I am aware many of you may regard this as a contradition in terms but there is such a denomination), and certainly talks about God a great deal.

Anyway having worked for many years in parapsychology I am curious about your haunting. Have you already contacted us at parasoc? I think you might want to give the SPR a call - you will find their details at www.spr.ac.uk

Feel free to pm me if you like. My fascination with parapsychology is partly that of JB Rgine; it provides us with the last part of science actively studying the supernatural, and that includes prayer an dthe power of faith, and is the last real line of scientific defence against reductionism and materialism.

cj x

Upvote 0