Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video Talk

1 Peter 2:4-5 ESV

“As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”

See also Romans 12:1-2 ESV:

“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”

We who believe in Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior of our lives, who have been crucified with him in death to sin, and who have been raised with him to walk in newness of life in him, are the church, the body of Christ. For the church is not a physical building nor a church denomination nor a corporation under the state, although this is what many people have turned it into. The church is the people of God, and we are the living stones in this spiritual building (house).

Now, as living stones in this spiritual building, we are God’s possession and he is now our Lord and Master. And we are now his holy nation, his holy people, his chosen people, the people of God belonging to God, whether Jew or non-Jew by physical birth. And we are to be growing and maturing in our walks of faith and in obedience to our Lord. And we are to offer our lives to Jesus Christ as living sacrifices to him, holy and pleasing to him. And we are no longer to be conformed to the ways of this sinful world, but we are to be transformed in heart and mind of the Spirit of God to live holy lives to God.

I Peter 2:9-10 ESV

“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."

Now that we are God’s holy people, a people for his own possession, and he is our Lord and Master, we should not only be living holy lives, pleasing to God, but we are to be proclaiming the truth of the gospel to other people. And we are to be proclaiming to them how Jesus Christ/God called us out of the darkness (sin, wickedness) into his marvelous light (truth, righteousness). For if we are true followers of Christ we have been crucified with him in death to sin, and we have been raised with him to walk in newness of life in him in righteousness and in obedience to our Lord.

I Peter 2:11-12 ESV

“Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.”

Therefore, as we live as strangers here on earth, living holy lives separate (unlike, different) from the world, because we are being conformed to the likeness of Jesus Christ, we are to abstain from the passions of the flesh. We are not to be living in sexual immorality or in idolatry, nor should we be telling lies or cheating or committing adultery, etc. But we are to keep our conduct honorable among the ungodly of this world so that they can see our good deeds and so that they, too, can come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

The Lord’s Anointed

An Original Work / December 16, 2011
Based off Isaiah 61

The Spirit of the Sov’reign Lord on me;
Anointed to preach the Good News;
Sent me to bind up the brokenhearted;
Proclaim freedom for the captives.
He sent me to preach release for pris’ners
Who are walking in sin’s darkness;
Proclaim God’s grace to all men who’ll listen;
And tell them about God’s judgments;
Comfort all who mourn;
Give crowns of beauty;
Oil of gladness and thanksgiving.

They will be called oaks of God’s righteousness,
A planting of our Savior, God,
For the display of our Lord’s splendor, and
They will rebuild God’s holy church.
God will renew them, and will restore them,
And you’ll be called priests of the Lord.
You will be ministers of our God, and
You will rejoice in salvation.
The Lord loves justice;
He is faithful to
Reward those who are seeking Him.

I delight greatly in the Lord;
My soul rejoices in my Savior, God.
He has clothed me with His salvation,
And in a robe of His righteousness.
He has given me priestly garments to wear,
As the bride of Jesus Christ.
As the garden of our Lord and Savior,