United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

I am hesitantly reopening this after a clean up. There was flaming and off topic posts in this thread that led to reports.

Stay on the topic and not other members.

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Post # 72 was more like an answer to the op, it seemed to me. Do we just not get a chance to hear about many words because they are given in smaller churches?
Thanks for re opening thread.
That was what i was reading this topic to learn.
May well be that any prophecy given today will be scorned, as our lifestyle doesnt agree with,
many parts of the scriptures.
Yet there will always be prophets, just like pastors an teachers, an all the rest.

Upvote 0

Damian79

Jul 29, 2008
✟15,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think it is a case that most Christians are not "spirit led". It is one thing to hear from the lord and have the anointing of the Lord. But it is another to be completely submitted to the spirit. When you are in that state, prophecy and new teaching(that can be found scripturally) come to you led by the spirit. Funnily enough something happens to the mics when one pastor preaches while being spirit led, and me being in charge of the audio visual stuff gets confused at the situation because it only happens to him.

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Prophets shall remain untill the day of the.Lord, but their purpose is not to tell of world events and catastrophes but instead to establish and streangthen the saints. It has been so since the begining and will continue till that day. The one who pleads for the church to repent who warns them that as God chastised Israel before us so his hand will correct us also. But these men go unnoticed as whole.

There are three anointed offices all in Jesus annointing...prophet..priest..king...In the ministry of our Lord we see these three for three years he functioned as prophet...turning the hearts of the people back to true covenant with God..speaking of acceptance and judgment and the will of God
From passover to ascension he is priest teaching of intimate relation and its price and its expectation
From Pentecost to the end of ages he is King meant to reign in our hearts minds lives and resurrection...
As to the op as prophet he did fortell events and times but only as it relates to the believer...also this is a small part of his ministry as a whole...As his father does not change so the express image can not change...and also no believer is annointed but his annointing shines through us(those who claim individual annointing from God are those who Jesus warned will claim here is christ or there is christ for christ means annointed)
the only way this can leave the church is.if christ leaves. As to predicting natural disasters and wars wich affect outside his body he leaves that to the psychics and all other demon oracles

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds true Damian. With out the spirit leading how could anyone discern.
What do you do when the mic doesnt work when that one man is speaking? Very unusual indeed.
When I have a word that I am very impressed to give it is nerve racking indeed.
Sometimes i chicken out, then have to repent. May we all learn to be more obedient.

Upvote 0