Publius

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2012
✟15,258.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Million Mom group seems to just being doing it for attention - a million mom's scared their kids will end up doing what they did when they were teenagers! Homosexuals shouldn't be fired for being gay, it's a challenge God has given them in their personal lives. I don't feel like he wanted to make their professional lives extra difficult as well!

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why shocking?

[youtube]vvU0olb86kw[/youtube]

OH MY!! Those poor people. Here they are thinking they can get away and have a nice night out at a local baseball game. Relax and enjoy themselves, then WHAMO! What are they faced with? Hundreds of screaming little brats. Couldn't they have at least pre-warned the gays so they could have come pre-pared with ear-plugs? Wont someone think of the gays?

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OH MY!! Those poor people. Here they are thinking they can get away and have a nice night out at a local baseball game. Relax and enjoy themselves, then WHAMO! What are they faced with? Hundreds of screaming little brats. Couldn't they have at least pre-warned the gays so they could have come pre-pared with ear-plugs? Wont someone think of the gays?

Haha, awesome :thumbsup: I just posted the video though to answer the question of why this is "shocking" coming from BillO.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isn't the million mom group boycotting girl scout cookies too this year? whatever.

My boycott of Girl Scout cookies has entered its 50th year. I really hate hard nasty tasting processed cookies. I'm also boycotting Nabisco, Keebler, Snackwells,etc. IMO It is definitely unConservative and unChristian to try to get someone fired except if they are a liberal politician.

Upvote 0

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
She says, “I usually don’t talk about stuff like this on my show but I really want to thank everyone who is supporting me….Here are the values I stand for. I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you’d want to be treated and helping those in need.” says Ellen

I don't know what Ellen's religion is but her values sound pretty Christian to me. Can't we just love each other?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My boycott of Girl Scout cookies has entered its 50th year. I really hate hard nasty tasting processed cookies. I'm also boycotting Nabisco, Keebler, Snackwells,etc. IMO It is definitely unConservative and unChristian to try to get someone fired except if they are a liberal politician.
Thin mints are soft and luscious!

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
She says, “I usually don’t talk about stuff like this on my show but I really want to thank everyone who is supporting me….Here are the values I stand for. I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you’d want to be treated and helping those in need.” says Ellen

I don't know what Ellen's religion is but her values sound pretty Christian to me. Can't we just love each other?

Ellen is one of my favorite public personalities. She seems so down to earth and caring. I don't know her religion, but all the anti-gay conservatives could take a lesson from her.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bill O'Reilly also called for a boycott on France because Chirac wouldn't support our invastion of Iraq. I find his his whining over the Million Mom group boycotting JC Penney laughable :D

This also reminds me of the SBC boycotting Disney lol

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People can boycott whoever they want. Its a freedom. Why do people even care!?

Oh yeah, people can boycott whoever they want, I say all white people should boycott BET. See how there is a line one should not cross? You, as a person, can certainly choose who you are going to buy from, but you cannot start a campaign asking others to boycott something because of their race, country of origin, sexual orientation, religion, etc, that is prejudice and should not be tolerated by any society.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

armyman_83

Oh yeah, people can boycott whoever they want, I say all white people should boycott BET. See how there is a line one should not cross? You, as a person, can certainly choose who you are going to buy from, but you cannot start a campaign asking others to boycott something because of their race, country of origin, sexual orientation, religion, etc, that is prejudice and should not be tolerated by any society.

But I, as a person, have the right to ask others to not buy from whomever I choose. Society may not like it, but who cares? Society isn't always right. Freedom to love and to hate, support or disdain is true freedom.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're right, people have a right to be wrong, ignorant and hateful, and others have the right to call them out on it, and they in turn have the right to defend themselves, and others have the right to poke holes in that defense. We're all just practicing our rights.

Right, right you're b******y well right.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟278,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't like Ellen DeGeneris, but I also don't do any shopping at J.C. Penney....or Sears, or Wal-Mart, K-Mart, L.L. Bean, Land's End, the Gap, or any other new clothing store.

I get all of my clothes, with the exception of skivvies and socks, from Goodwill, St. Vincent DePaul, the Salvation Army, Valueland, mission thrift stores, and yard sales. I haven't bought a brand-new shirt or pair of pants in probably fourteen years.

Upvote 0