Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Relax. There is plenty of good material being posted to give views contrary to those who make the kind of statements you are objecting to.

John
NZ

Sorry, I do get emotional when I see people give anti-Biblical advice that I've seen hurt--and even destroy--other married couples to advance an anti-Biblical agenda. Keep up the good work of refuting them! :)

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2010
✟7,691.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That can be useful advice. But there are issues I doubted at first and later wished I had accepted something much earlier.

John
NZ

You are right, but I think ultimately situations such as those you are talking about, that eventually if you open your heart enough the Holy Spirit will reveal what is true and remove the doubts from your heart. It is never too late with God to do what you are meant to do, everything happens for a reason and nothing happens without God's consent.

Upvote 0

Steve Mac

Oct 8, 2012
Dunnellon, Florida
✟15,137.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thank you for that wonderful post! I think the Onan-lie must be the second-most-often-told lie in Christendom. I was told it as a young boy too. My dad was a pastor, so he was supposed to know what he was talking about. Besides that, he had the power of the belt. It wasn't until much later, after I learned a lot more about Scripture, that I was able to fully study and analyze the Onan story and debunk what I had been told. Christian parents must quite telling their kids lies in attempts to get them to comply with what they think. Telling their kids lies is sinning against them and God.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How long before this gets moved to the men's forum?

Without mentioning anything specific (or off-topic), I'd also like to point out a man should respect his wife's conscience if she actually thinks she is sinning and consider I Corinthians 8 and Romans 14. If it's just a matter of 'feeling dirty', I don't know if that qualifies. I don't believe threatening to leave is a good solution.

Upvote 0

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
oral sex is wonderful and i feel nothing dirty about it at all. its all apart of the sexual experance. got to spice things up and do things other then just make love in the bed the same way all the time. my wife and i love oral and love to experiment and spice it up

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thread necromancy... :sorry:

Love it when a random newbie selects out a random sexually-related post made by another old, random newbie and attempts to engage in a conversation that ended about 2 years ago. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Elizabethinhatcroppedcloser.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This thread was begun before the Married Couples Statement of Purpose updated its rules. Matters of a sexual nature may now be discussed only in the Married Men or Married Women Personal Topics forums. No violation has occurred, but the thread is now closed. If anyone cares to continue discussing it, please do so in the appropriate areas.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.