silverrune

If life has a point I need a new sharpener
Jun 12, 2013
✟7,878.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have the Opera browser installed after having some issues with IE. I was wondering if this site is not Opera friendly? I receive PM pops when I have disabled that on my preferences here on the site a number of times and saved it. But it doesn't seem to take.

I get PM's and answer and delete them and next browse to the forums I get the green flashing pop notify that I have a PM. I click, go to my Inbox and click the subject of the PM and then get a message saying I've followed an invalid site link contact an Administrator. I know that PM was the one I'd read and deleted but it's there again and appears to be a new reply when it's not.

It's like settings don't take when the site says they have after saving. And I somehow get bounced back to the settings prior that were different.

I even see new posts on the main board with screen names listed as the last or latest reply. I click on that last page to read it and it's the old latest reply and that screen name for the new one isn't even there.

I log in and I keep getting a message that says I entered the wrong information.
I got Firefox this morning when that happened again since it happened yesterday too. I logged in fine and then reloaded the Opera and it did load then as it was suppose to. I didn't want to use Firefox for all the little quirks I've read about it having but at this point I don't even know if Opera is good.

Google Chrome is said to be in league with some kind of government tracking system?

Any suggestions?
I have an eMachine desktop if that helps. Thank you all for helping with this if you can. :)

silverrune

If life has a point I need a new sharpener
Jun 12, 2013
✟7,878.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I switched to the Firefox. After the first post the Opera just started getting on my nerves with it's showing a different thing on the forum New Posts page in comparison to what was actually there in the thread itself.

Any help though would still be great. Thank you.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It sounds like the refresh setting. Hit Ctrl-F12 for options, then the Advanced tab, then History and set Check Documents to Always. I have images set to 10 minutes to save bandwidth.

Upvote 0