Openly Gay, Openly Christian: How the Bible Really Is Gay Friendly

W

WashedClean

Svt4Him said:
Really? Many homosexuals act more Christlike? Like they pick up their crosses daily? Submit to Christ? Follow Him while doing what Christ calls an abomination? They walk in the darkness but have more light? Can you explain this to me, as I hear it often?
How many Christians do you know who are quick to judge? We've all be guilty of it. There are many Christians who are not acting Christlike. What's that quote from Gandhi? "I like your Christ, but not your Christians".

I'm not referring to gays who claim to be Christian, as I really don't think they can co-exist. But the point the speaker was making is that many of them are more loving than many Christians. How often do you hear of Christians who are hateful toward gays? We all need to love gays first before we tell them they're going to hell if they don't repent. Because it's not their homosexuality per se that eternally damns them, it's their rejection of Christ.

Does this explain it?

Reactions: Ceris
Upvote 0

Paula

Veteran
Oct 15, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,178.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I'd hate to see this thread moved outside this section into one of those "lions' dens". I'd sooner see it split up into the appropriate topics, as suggested by Larry and have them remain here. It was a great thread, and it would be a real loss if it got closed, or worse yet, deleted. But that will be its fate if it gets moved. Based on past history, this is a sad reality. Just my shekel's worth.

Upvote 0