Mississippi
✟250,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Because your opinion DOESN'T MATTER! There is 2000 years of outstanding scholarship and you want people here to believe that you are the source of knowledge. Did you bother to read my post about the authority of the church on these matters?

The Authority of the Visible Church

Flat earthers and atheists do not believe that the visible Christian church has ecclesiastical authority over Biblical doctrine, that atheists have as much right to teach the meaning of Scripture than consecrated priests -- that the early church fathers, including Clement of Rome (Philippians 4:3), have no more authority to interpret Scripture than an atheist or a rebellious flat earther. They believe the Bible teaches flat earth and all the church fathers were wrong about their globe earth reading. Some flat earthers claim Clement of Rome is a hell bound soul for reading globe earth from the Bible -- that only in the 21st century do we finally understand the Gospel and its all about flat earth doctrine.

So I have gathered up a few verses maintaining the reality that ecclesiastical authority belongs to Christian Church.

Matthew 10:1,

"And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease."

Matthew 10:40,

"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me, receives him who sent me."

Matthew 16:19,

"And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: whatever you bind upon earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Luke 10:16,

"He who hears you, hears me; and he who rejects you, rejects me; and he who rejects me, rejects him who sent me."

John 13:20,

"Truly truly I say to you, he who receives whomever I send, receives me. And he who receives me, receives him who sent me."

Ephesians 2:20,

"And you are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the head cornerstone,"

Hebrews 13:17,

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you."

1 Timothy 5:17,

"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine."

Titus 1:5,

"For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee."

Acts 20:28-32,

"28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified."

1 Thessalonians 5:12-13,

"12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves."

1 Timothy 4:14,

"Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy, with the laying on of hands by the elders."

James 5:14-15,

"Is anyone sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed any sins, he will be forgiven."

Ephesians 4:11-13,

"11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ."

Titus 2:1-8,

"But as for you, teach what is fitting of sound doctrine: 2 Older men should be sober, serious, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience.

3 Likewise, older women should be reverent in behavior, and not be false accusers, not be enslaved to much wine, but teachers of good things, 4 that they may teach the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 and to be self-controlled, pure, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be dishonored.

6 Likewise, exhort young men to be self-controlled, 7 in all things presenting yourself as an example of good works: in doctrine showing integrity, gravity, incorruptibility, 8 and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that the one who opposes you may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you."

Galatians 1:6-10,

"6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ to a different gospel, 7 which is not a gospel. But there are some who trouble you and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 Although if we or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel to you than the one we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so I say now again: If anyone preaches any other gospel to you than the one you have received, let him be accursed.

10 For am I now seeking the approval of men or of God? Or am I trying to please men? For if I were still trying to please men, I would not be the servant of Christ."

Philippians 4:3 ,

"I ask you also, true companion, help those women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with my other fellow laborers, whose names are in the Book of Life."

The Gospel of Christ did not cease after the deaths of the Apostles. They chose successors to continue the Gospel message and Clement of Rome was one of those early 1st century successors. No Christian is going to argue against sound doctrine unless their hearts have become corrupt and rebellious. All ministers of the Gospel must be believers who are disciplined and obedient to Christ.
View attachment 251199

I quit reading all these long on and on stuff you post a long time ago. It is the same thing over and over.

And it is the same ole word twisting you have been doing the whole time, you do not have position based on truth you simply can not take verses like Joshua 10:12-15. And by using the Bible show that the sun is not moving over the earth and instead it is the earth rotating around the sun.

The reason you can not show that from or in the Bible because no where in the Bible does it say the earth moves around the sun.

The same reason you can not show that the Bible states (actually Jesus does) stars one day will fall to earth. If you are honest all you would say is that you to not believe the Bible or Jesus when He says stars will fall to earth.

But you can not even be that honest, so you manipulate the descriptions in the Bible because you believe in sciences globe earth and not God's creation He created that is described in the Bible.

And you can save the copying and pasting of some long mishmash of ideas because i will not be reading your long reply's.

May be somebody else wants to waste their time.

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.