charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You have to remember that you may be the only way for someone to experience Christ and his love. If you turn away from someone whose lifestyle is not what you approve of and never show them love who will? Just keep in mind that loving a person and condoning a sin are two different things.

Upvote 0

A. believer

Contributor
Jun 27, 2003
✟22,460.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
dotty100 said:
what are your thoughts on a christian being friends with a bisexual

A Christian associating with a sinner?!?! Never! ;)

Seriously, of course Christians should be friends with sinners. The problem would be if the Christian lacks the discernment to make judgments about what constitutes sin.

Reactions: Asinner
Upvote 0

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
Running Springs (2 hours from LA)
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
dennis777 said:
Homosexuality hurts people and society.
Just like, robbery hurts people and society.
That is quite a stretch. I've met plenty of gays and no harm ever came to me from being cordial to them.

dennis777 said:
Is it OK with Jesus if I am friends with:
robbers, liars, gluttons, drunks, murderers, adulterers, etc
??
Murderers are a different story, but as to the rest:
Matthew 9 said:
10And as Jesus reclined at table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and [b][especially wicked] sinners came and sat (reclined) with Him and His disciples.
11And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to His disciples, Why does your Master eat with tax collectors and those [preeminently] sinful?
you sound like a Pharisee to me.

dennis777 said:
My children, wife, my neighbors, etc ... will get hurt........if a robber, or homosexual moves into my neighborhood.
The great majority of pedophiles are hethersexual.

dennis777 said:
Adulterers, homosexuals, bisexuals, etc should be locked in prison. They are hurting me and my neighborhood.
The scarlet letter went out a very long time ago, Mr. Puritan.

dennis777 said:
We should love all people, and hate the sin that we do.
Judgment is a sin too.

dennis777 said:
If I catch a thief red-handed, and call the sherriff, and the thief is locked in prison, that does NOT mean that I don't love the thief.
But to assassinate people’s character and compare them to thieves and murders for simply being the way God made them is hardly an expression of love.

Upvote 0

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mark Downham said:
In being friends with bi-sexuals our theology has to really come alive - we have to be HIS ministering and healing Presence BUT at the same time pray the protection of the POWER of the BLOOD over ourselves.
I'm not very afraid of being converted to homosexuality myself, if that is what you mean by needing protection.:)

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
dotty100 said:
what are your thoughts on a christian being friends with a bisexual

1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals."

Proverbs 4:13-15
13 Take hold of instruction; do not let go
Guard her, for she is your life.
14 Do not enter the path of the wicked
And do not proceed in the way of evil men.
15 Avoid it, do not pass by it;
Turn away from it and pass on.

Psalm 141:3-5
3Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.
4 Do not incline my heart to any evil thing,
To practice deeds of wickedness
With men who do iniquity;
And do not let me eat of their delicacies.
5 Let the righteous smite me in kindness and reprove me;
It is oil upon the head;
Do not let my head refuse it,
For still my prayer is against their wicked deeds.

Matthew 22:39
"...You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Jesus told us to love our neighbors; Jesus ate with prostitutes and tax collectors; Jesus preached to the lost. But Jesus never went along with people who continued in their sins without repentence. Jesus never "hung out" with people on a regular basis who lived wicked lifestyles. Also, Jesus was incorruptable, He wasn't a sinner, like the rest of us, He wasn't easily led along the path of wickedness.

I believe that we are to love them and that fostering loving relationships with people is a Christian thing to do. However, the worldly people are not to be our "friends"... they will lead us astray. We can't spend time with people who live wicked lifestyles without, at the very least, becoming jaded and desensitized to evil. We need to guard our hearts and minds and cling to purity and innocence. We cannot do this if we are "friends" with doers of iniquity. They will lead us down their path of corruption, little by little.

Upvote 0

INRI2

Apr 4, 2006
✟8,474.00
Faith
Catholic
Its not wrong but lets be honest no friendship between a homosexual and a christian is ever going to be easy, just as our relationship with Christ is never easy. We face the truth of our sinful nature everyday and you and I know how hard it is and we have Christ himself as our light.

If your going to be friends with a practicing homosexual or any non christian, misguided Christian, you yourself have to be their light, you will be taking a lot of responsiblity on your sholders every move you make will be scrutinised every fall you have will damage the message of christ but not just that, your friendship is put under imediate strain when you realise this.

Even though you disagree with it, even though you dont do it yourself even if you dont condone their actions unless you speak out about their weakness your guilty of THEIR SIN. As a friend and a christian you are obliged to speak out in truth and in love and its a very fine line to tread to express your love for them and your hatred for their sinoften it will seem easier to keep quiet, but you share in their sin by the sin of ommission, so when you speak out you have to be ready to explain how and why it is wrong in a loving way, this will take lots of prayer lots of reading and lots of practice, thats why we are all on here to learn so we can take what we learn into the world around us.

Its easier for us to submit to Christ because he is God and he is perfect than for a friend to submit to us because we only work for Christ and are imperfect just like them.

We truely are all called to become living saints to become the best possible witnesses to Christ

Upvote 0

dennis777

Mar 19, 2006
✟8,413.00
Faith
Christian
mike1reynolds said:
That is quite a stretch. I've met plenty of gays and no harm ever came to me from being cordial to them.

Murderers are a different story, but as to the rest:
you sound like a Pharisee to me.

The great majority of pedophiles are hethersexual.

The scarlet letter went out a very long time ago, Mr. Puritan.

Judgment is a sin too.

But to assassinate people’s character and compare them to thieves and murders for simply being the way God made them is hardly an expression of love.
The presence of perverts is injurious to me, my neighbors, and my neighborhood.

God forbids me to lie, steal, committ adultery, incest, public nakedness, polygamy, homo-sex, sex with animals, gambling, drunken-ness, selfishness, cowardice, un-belief, sex with children and teens, cross-dressing, false teaching, etc....................
Why does God forbid such things?
These things HURT people and society.
ALL sin hurts people: That's why God forbad these things.

God forbids hurtful things. God REQUIRES that we do helpful things. Remember the Golden Rule. ***DO*** good things for your neighbor.

Jesus REQUIRES that we live in Intense, Extreme, Agape Love, just like He does.
If I fail to live in Extreme, Agape Love, then, I have failed God's TEST of my faith. Genesis 22;1

In the OT, DEATH was the penalty for certain crimes: Murder, adultery, homo-sex, kidnapping, cursing God, worshipping false Gods, contacting the dead and the (evil) spirit-world, attacking your parent,
So, adultery and homo-sex are VERY SERIOUS sins.

NOT all sins/crimes were punished with the DEATH penalty, such as stealing, fornication, etc

dennis777

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dennis777

Mar 19, 2006
✟8,413.00
Faith
Christian
mike1reynolds said: God "made them homo-sexual".

I say:
I was born in sin, concieved in iniquity.
I inherited sin, and spiritual dead-ness from my sinful progenitors, Adam and Eve. (Not God's fault)

When I reached the age-of-accountability, I chose , by free-will to sin and hurt people with my sin-ful choices. (not God's fault)

I chose to be an adulterer, bank robber, polygamist, gambler, fornicator, theif, liar, etc

I am not "entitled" to ANY sex-life. For instance, suppose that I get married, and my wife becomes sick/injured/invalid, then, am I allowed to divorce/adultery/homo-sex? NO!
I must become celibate, until .....hopefully........my wife recovers.

I was born a sinner/adulterer/robber/fornicator/coward/tax-collector/pharisee/child-rapist/kidnapper.
BUT! God says: Dennis MUST not do such things.

God does NOT allow me to hurt people with my sinful desires.

The flesh wars against the Spirit.

dennis777

Upvote 0

dennis777

Mar 19, 2006
✟8,413.00
Faith
Christian
Romans 1;24 amplified bible

God gave them up in the lusts of their own hearts to sexual impurity (homo-sex)

It does NOT say: God gave them up to robberies, lies, adulteries, gambling, gluttonies, drunken-ness,.........

It says.............God gave them up to HOMO-SEX!

My point is : God "shamed" them , by CAUSING them to lust for Homo-sex.
The phenomenon of Homo-lust is a Judgement from God, and a Sign from God.

We chose to NOT acknowledge God, and NOT be thankful to God. Therefore, God put Homo-lust on us , as a Shameful Judgement.

Also, when we see Homo-sex in our community, we see that as a SIGN from God, that there is sin in our lives, and that God has Judged and Warned us. Romans 1;24!

We must repent!

dennis777

Upvote 0

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
dennis777 said:
The presence of perverts is injurious to me, my neighbors, and my neighborhood.

God forbids me to lie, steal, committ adultery, incest, public nakedness, polygamy, homo-sex, sex with animals, gambling, drunken-ness, selfishness, cowardice, un-belief, sex with children and teens, cross-dressing, false teaching, etc....................
Why does God forbid such things?
These things HURT people and society.
ALL sin hurts people: That's why God forbad these things.

God forbids hurtful things. God REQUIRES that we do helpful things. Remember the Golden Rule. ***DO*** good things for your neighbor.

Jesus REQUIRES that we live in Intense, Extreme, Agape Love, just like He does.
If I fail to live in Extreme, Agape Love, then, I have failed God's TEST of my faith. Genesis 22;1

In the OT, DEATH was the penalty for certain crimes: Murder, adultery, homo-sex, kidnapping, cursing God, worshipping false Gods, contacting the dead and the (evil) spirit-world, attacking your parent,
So, adultery and homo-sex are VERY SERIOUS sins.

NOT all sins/crimes were punished with the DEATH penalty, such as stealing, fornication, etc
Not all gays are perverts. I agree with you that some of them are extremely unbalanced people, but that is what happens when you are sexually abused as a child. Virtually all transvestite and transsexual men were severely sexually abused as children.

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
CaDan said:
What do I think?

I think he or she is your neighbor.
I do not see how what they do sexually should affect your friendship. By that I mean you should not say be friends or not with that individual based on that one aspect. I have friends of all sorts from just about every imaginable corner of the sexual field and it makes for interesting conversation but I would not say “I will not be friends with this person because they are such and such sexual orientation”.

Upvote 0

dennis777

Mar 19, 2006
✟8,413.00
Faith
Christian
mike1reynolds said:
Not all gays are perverts. I agree with you that some of them are extremely unbalanced people, but that is what happens when you are sexually abused as a child. Virtually all transvestite and transsexual men were severely sexually abused as children.
No matter how severely abused I was/am, that is NOT an excuse to HURT others.

Un-balanced is NOT the correct word.

Jesus did NOT say "Un-balanced". He called it "Shameful, fleshly, reprobate, sinful, iniquity".

Jesus did NOT set the bar low for us. He set the standard extremely HIGH. He told us to be Perfect, as God is Perfect.

Your Pastor does NOT give you permission to live half-perfect. Your Pastor preaches the Perfect Gospel. 100% Perfect.

If God told us to live 50% Perfect, then we would live 25% perfect.

If your Pastor told us to live 100% perfect, we would live 50 % perfect.

We always fall short of the goal. (it seems like)

dennis777

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
We always fall short of the goal. (it seems like)
And that is exactly the reason why we must not be judgemental of those that commit homosexual acts.

For all you know - that is the only sin they have and are FAR ,FAR better than you.

Since we do not know what sins another person is guilty of we must assume that they are better than we are and consider ourselves to be the worst of all sinners.

If we do that then it becomes easy to leave judgement and to begin to love our brothers and sisters. If we do not do that then we end up not only judging others but also becoming prideful and deluded into thinking we are good. When that happens we really are worse off than they are because we have not only sinned but have called down our own condemnation on top of us and sealed it with our prideful delusion.

Upvote 0

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
eoe said:
For all you know - that is the only sin they have and are FAR ,FAR better than you.

Since we do not know what sins another person is guilty of we must assume that they are better than we are and consider ourselves to be the worst of all sinners.
Now this is some excellent spiritual advice! You're not going to get to Heaven by running around judging how evil everyone you meet is, unless they are actually hurting someone.

Now, maybe if you are afraid that you might commit a homosexual act then you would have cause to fear suffering harm from a homosexual. Otherwise, I simply can't imagine what harm they could do to anyone other than themselves by their private acts between consenting adults.

Upvote 0

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
dennis777 said:
Jesus did NOT say "Un-balanced". He called it "Shameful, fleshly, reprobate, sinful, iniquity".
Where does Jesus address the topic of homosexuality??

dennis777 said:
Your Pastor does NOT give you permission to live half-perfect. Your Pastor preaches the Perfect Gospel. 100% Perfect.
Then that must mean that you and your pastor are 100% perfect. However, in Christianity, to really live the life expected of us, we must always be on the lookout for sin and never suffer from the hubris of thinking ourselves perfect. "He who is without sin cast the first stone." I see Dennis raising his hand...?

Upvote 0

A. believer

Contributor
Jun 27, 2003
✟22,460.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
eoe said:

I'm not disputing that a given homosexual may be less guilty than a given heterosexual, but do you really believe a) that people are guilty of only one kind of sin, and b) that homosexual sin can be so isolated so as not to include other sins?

Upvote 0
I'm not disputing that a given homosexual may be less guilty than a given heterosexual, but do you really believe a) that people are guilty of only one kind of sin, and b) that homosexual sin can be so isolated so as not to include other sins?
I understand your point but it is impossible for me to even speculate on what sins someone else might be guilty of without entering into sin myself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.