Not open for further replies.

dennis777

Mar 19, 2006
✟8,413.00
Faith
Christian
1 Corinthians 5;1

a man in the church had his Dad's wife.
Paul said: Ex-communicate him, until he repents.

Certain sins carry the DEATH penalty, in the OT. Such as Adultery, murder, homo-sex, kidnapping, etc

Other sins do not carry the DEATH penalty: lying, stealing, fornication, etc

Some sins require ex-communication. Other sins do not.

I am required, by God, to do some kind of "judgement" to exercise Church discipline. And Biblical separation from evil. And ex-communication.

dennis777

Upvote 0

invisible trousers

~*this post promotes non-nicene christianity*~
Apr 22, 2005
✟13,218.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Like Cadan said, they're our neighbor. This isn't a particularily hard question to answer :)

mike1reynolds said:
Virtually all transvestite and transsexual men were severely sexually abused as children.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Good luck.

dennis777 said:
I am required, by God, to do some kind of "judgement" to exercise Church discipline. And Biblical separation from evil. And ex-communication.

Can you tell me about Romans 2?

Upvote 0

mike1reynolds

Knight Errant
Apr 29, 2006
Running Springs (2 hours from LA)
✟4,442.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
mike1reynolds said:
Virtually all transvestite and transsexual men were severely sexually abused as children.
OD3 said:
I wish I could say what I wanted to, without getting myself banned from this site. Absolute tripe. Rubbish, and false.
How many queens have you asked? I arrived at this conclusion empirically simply by talking to the occasional nuts and flakes I encounter in LA (this seems to be their world capitol). However, now that you’ve asked, here is a number of research articles by psychologists and sociologists on the subject: http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/genderidentity.html

This was just the first hit on google I found for the search [transsexual and “childhood sexual abuse”).

Upvote 0

djbcrawford

Jun 2, 2006
Norn Iron
✟15,527.00
Faith
Pentecostal
If your friend told lies, would you stop being their friend? If they slept around would you stop being their friend? They are just showing another symtom of sin.

You may be the only "Jesus" she will ever see. You can be her friend without condoning her sin. There may be some things you can't do together any more because you are a Christian, but I don't think withdrawing your friendship will help her soul. If she doesn't want to be friends then that will be her choice, but you can still leave the door open.

I don't think we are to shut ourselves away from the world (in the world, but not of the world). Jesus spend much of his time mixing with people the religious leaders of his day looked down on and that is how he won them to himself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.