California
✟17,131.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You need to ask that question in General Struggles forum.

attachment.php

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The soul hardly ever realizes it, but whether he is a believer or not, his loneliness is realy a homesickness for God. -Hubert van Zeller
Hello and Welcome

We are proud you joined our family.
May your time here be spent well.

May all your questions be answered.
May support be found in abundance.

Please visit often and bring all your friends.

You will find the most wonderful refreshments provided free.

I pray your cup will be full and running over with:

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness and faithfulness.

May the Grace and Mercy of our,
Lord, Jesus Christ
be with your spirit.

Upvote 0

TheGMan

Follower of Jesus of Nazareth
Aug 25, 2005
London
✟9,761.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It probably depends on what they do about it. Are we talking bisexual by inclination - which I suspect is true of a lot of people - or by practice? Regardless of what you feel about the morality of same-sex relationships, I think it's hard to square being an 'active bisexual' with the Christian ideal of fidelity.

But that is moot. Clearly you wouldn't ask the question if you didn't feel that there was something sinful about what they were doing. So the question should Christians be friends with sinners? What did Jesus say? "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous but the sinners to repentance." (Mark 2:17).

Speaking from a purely personal perspective, if there weren't Christians who were prepared to be friends with bisexuals - and unjudgementally so - I would never have been baptised.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CaDan said:
What do I think?

I think he or she is your neighbor.

:amen: Love thy Neighbor as you love yourself! (Jesus)

Are you sure your not already reading over my Love-Offering Box - that I haven't sent you yet? ;) :D

You so intrigue me, still!~ :idea:
Connie

Upvote 0

dennis777

Mar 19, 2006
✟8,413.00
Faith
Christian
Homosexuality hurts people and society.
Just like, robbery hurts people and society.

Is it OK with Jesus if I am friends with:
robbers, liars, gluttons, drunks, murderers, adulterers, etc
??

May I be friends with Apostates, False Teachers, Heretics, etc??

My children, wife, my neighbors, etc ... will get hurt........if a robber, or homosexual moves into my neighborhood.

Robbery is not lawful, as per man-made law.
Robbers should be locked in prison.
Adulterers, homosexuals, bisexuals, etc should be locked in prison. They are hurting me and my neighborhood.

We should love all people, and hate the sin that we do.

If I catch a thief red-handed, and call the sherriff, and the thief is locked in prison, that does NOT mean that I don't love the thief.

dennis777

Upvote 0

jesusmysaviour76

Jun 29, 2006
✟11,621.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Jesus were friends with tax collectors, murderers, prostitutes. How should we be any different. If Jesus could see past their sin and love them for their heart then we should too.

God tells us that we should love the person not the sin. Just because someone is bisexual doesn't mean that we have to shun them. My brother is gay, he was terrified to tell me because he was scared that I would shun him. But God showed me that I am to love him, teach him by example. Let God's love flow through us, and I am believing that he will be delivered, and come to God. We have come so close with my brother, and then some Christians have shunned him and knocked him away, it angers me and the hypocrisy they are spreading, but then I have to forgive them and move on.

So what I'm rambling about is, it's ok to have friends that are bisexual as long as you don't partake in the sin. Be wise with your choices, but always love. Jesus said that was the second most important commandment. So for Jesus to say that I reckon He probably meant it hehe.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

jesusmysaviour76

Jun 29, 2006
✟11,621.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
dennis777 said:
Homosexuality hurts people and society.
Just like, robbery hurts people and society.

Is it OK with Jesus if I am friends with:
robbers, liars, gluttons, drunks, murderers, adulterers, etc
??

How do you explain then that Matthew was a tax collector yet Jesus accepted him as an apostle, Paul was a murderer but Jesus accepted him as an apostle. Mary Magdalene was a prostitute but Jesus accepted her as a friend, he ate dinner with Pharisee's those who mocked him, but he still shared His love around. If you avoid all of these people that you label as bad, then how do you plan to spread the word of Jesus and share His love with those that need it most? What is the point of only sharing the love of Jesus with people who already have Him in their life?

They don't need Him. But homosexuals, drug addicts, murderers all these people that you named, they need Jesus and seeing as He isn't walking this earth today, He relys on us to be loving enough to spread His word and His love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
jesusmysaviour76 said:
Mary Magdalene was a prostitute

No she wasn't. There's nothing in the Gospels about Mary Magdalene being a prostitute, only that she was possesed by demons.

As for being friend with a bisexual/homosexual:

Being friends with bisexuals and homosexuals is fine, as long as you don't get pulled into their antics. Just like being friends with someone who has premarital sex. It is fine being friends with them if you have the self-control to not be seduced or pulled in by what they do.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2005
SE
✟24,268.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
jesusmysaviour76 said:
Jesus were friends with tax collectors, murderers, prostitutes. How should we be any different. If Jesus could see past their sin and love them for their heart then we should too.

God tells us that we should love the person not the sin. Just because someone is bisexual doesn't mean that we have to shun them. My brother is gay, he was terrified to tell me because he was scared that I would shun him. But God showed me that I am to love him, teach him by example. Let God's love flow through us, and I am believing that he will be delivered, and come to God. We have come so close with my brother, and then some Christians have shunned him and knocked him away, it angers me and the hypocrisy they are spreading, but then I have to forgive them and move on.

So what I'm rambling about is, it's ok to have friends that are bisexual as long as you don't partake in the sin. Be wise with your choices, but always love. Jesus said that was the second most important commandment. So for Jesus to say that I reckon He probably meant it hehe.

God Bless.
Good post! The Gospel is not exclusive. It is for all men! There is no discrimination in the Gospel -- it is for every race, creed, gender, socio-economic class, nationality and sexual orientation. It is our only hope and comfort in this life. It is what makes dead men have eternal life.

CC&E

Upvote 0
Here is a thief and murderer that I would have loved to have been friends with:
a-184.jpg

Here is a(at least suposed) homosexual that I would have loved to have been friends with:
icon.bmp

fr_seraphim_rose3.jpg

We are to love our neighbor and consider ourselves to be the worst of all sinners. How can I say that I will not be friends with someone because they are a sinner when I am the worst of all sinners? Does the Pot forsake the kettle for being black? There have been many people that have done terrible things and then gone on to be great Christians.

Prostitutes....
saint_mary_of_egypt.jpg

Tax collectors:
st60_300.jpg

We do not and can not discern the wheat from the tares.

(Matthew 13:24) Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

(Matthew 13:25) But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

(Matthew 13:26) But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

(Matthew 13:27) So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

(Matthew 13:28) He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

(Matthew 13:29) But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

(Matthew 13:30) Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Reactions: stumpjumper
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.