Golden Coast
✟30,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, considering I've never been married, I have no idea. I've never been the jealous type, so if he had a close girl-friend, I doubt it would be an issue. I don't have a close guy friend, so if I ever did get married, he wouldn't have to deal with jealousy issues :p.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You do know this is "singles" right? ok, having said that. I hope she's not the jealous type as I make friends with women easily. and I will not be jealous if she does the same with men.

A Real man trusts his wife to be honorable in her relationships, and also strives to be honorable in his relationships.

Upvote 0

m.a.r.X

Just keep goin !
May 16, 2012
India
✟14,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How do you feel about your husband (or wife) having a close opposite sex friend?
Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Magnum
images

LOL :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

m.a.r.X

Just keep goin !
May 16, 2012
India
✟14,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its more of a cultural thing !

Here, your husband/wife is supposed to be your best friend and if its not...well, it may not end well.
I have seen/heard lots and lots of instances where the "best friend" takes advantage of the other sexually. And it ends up in a divorce or at Police Station lock-up usually :o
Even today's newspaper has reports of two of 'em :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

SOLDIER ❤

Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Magnum
images

LOL :D

:ahah: Enough said.

No but in truth...I think I would be cautious. I would be more careful then be jealous because things happen in life. We've all heard the stories, but you can't be over bearing and jealous about it if they haven't given you any reason to be worried. I would just expect him to do the right thing.

I mean if she has some crazy emergency and the pipes bust in her house...while i'm at work and they never tell me about it...I'd wonder. I mean he can tell me, "Hey babe just so you know... Stacies pipes broke I need to help her." I'll be like...:shutup: curse those pipes! no... just kiding I"ll be like< "okay, Hun." , but pray that he is strong in the lord and not to fall in temptation. Because life is crazy. I just have to trust him. That's what a relationship is all about. Trust.

Reactions: m.a.r.X
Upvote 0

m.a.r.X

Just keep goin !
May 16, 2012
India
✟14,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think I would be cautious. I would be more careful then be jealous because things happen in life. We've all heard the stories, but you can't be over bearing and jealous about it if they haven't given you any reason to be worried. I would just expect him to do the right thing.

I mean if she has some crazy emergency and the pipes bust in her house...while i'm at work and they never tell me about it...I'd wonder. I mean he can tell me, "Hey babe just so you know... Stacies pipes broke I need to help her." I'll be like...:shutup: curse those pipes! no... just kiding I"ll be like< "okay, Hun." , but pray that he is strong in the lord and not to fall in temptation. Because life is crazy. I just have to trust him. That's what a relationship is all about. Trust.
I agree with you :thumbsup:
Its all about the trust but I've seen really bad stuff myself (not wanna to discuss it). :o

I'll just say if she gives other guys more time with her than me, I would be concerned :sorry:

EDIT:
I'm talking this from the perspective of an arranged marriage which is the most common here :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S

SOLDIER &#10084;

I agree with you :thumbsup:
Its all about the trust but I've seen really bad stuff myself (not wanna to discuss it). :o

I'll just say if she gives other guys more time with her than me, I would be concerned :sorry:

Yup. I mean...Let's just say it's me. Just for the sake of conversation...
If me and you where married and my friend is showing up all the time while you are home and you enjoy his company that is fine, but I also know to respect you.

I won't be letting my friend in the house while your not home. To me that is just respect. Also don't open the door to anything. That's just for me personally.

Plus this is the example my parents set up for me in the 40 plus years of marriage they've had. If this occasion ever occured it was because the person was family...like my hubbies sister or something like that.

Reactions: m.a.r.X
Upvote 0