(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Hmm.. the only real Christian success stories I've seen came from here (cf) to be quite honest. I know of couples in my world here who've done it and done it successfully, but am not entirely sure they went the "Christian sites" route. In any case, I've heard of nearly as many misses as I've heard of hits so.. it's a crapshoot like most things.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
HAHA!! That's one of my pet peeves with online dating especially with secular dating sites. So many women like to lie about their weight saying they are appx. 50lbs lighter than they are.

My guess is men probably do the same thing just as much, only lighter weight, younger age, and more hair?

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't lie - I say I'm overweight. If a man doesn't want to date me because of my weight, he won't deserve to date me once I lose it. Hopefully some medicinal therapy will help get this stuff under control and have weight loss as a side effect - or at least allow the diet and exercise to work more. :D

I've dated a few nice guys from online, but nothing very serious.

Upvote 0

Reborn_in_Christ2003

May 10, 2004
Whiteman AFB
✟8,911.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My guess is men probably do the same thing just as much, only lighter weight, younger age, and more hair?
I'm sure some do, but I haven't noticed since I'm looking for a girl. :D Though for me, it's less hair. :doh:
I don't lie - I say I'm overweight. If a man doesn't want to date me because of my weight, he won't deserve to date me once I lose it. Hopefully some medicinal therapy will help get this stuff under control and have weight loss as a side effect - or at least allow the diet and exercise to work more. :D

I've dated a few nice guys from online, but nothing very serious.
That is a very good attitude to have. I have dated bigger women, I actually like a girl that doesn't feel like a sack of twigs about to snap when I hug her. I just don't appreciate when they lie. At different times I dated girls that were about the same size/body type/weight, and I had a harder time with dating the second girl because I met her online, and she lied about her weight. That might be shallow still, but I just have a hard time dating someone that will lie about something that she can't hide. I would have the same problem if a girl said that she had a college degree, and she didn't, or said she had a certain vehicle, and had something else. I have noticed these issues more on secular websites than Christian ones. I'll step off my soap box now.

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

I met my fiance on a TS site where she and I were just ready to kill ourselves that day. She was looking for a friend and I was lurking for a bit thinking what the point was. She posted her facebook link there asking for friends, she was blasted by the older members for it. I stood up for her and I think everyday it was a miracle sent by God. I mean both of us were ready, hell I had my suicide note written and the pills ready. This was 7 months ago. We are now looking for ways to get to each other. When I meet her we plan on getting married. She knows everything about me, and I her. I haven't kept anything secret from her. She knows I am a tad chunky but loves me anyway. I haven't felt love truer than this ever. Aside from Jesus of course :) I think he works through the net too :) Nothing is outside his will.

oh she is atheist too but I think she sees and respects my faith so maybe I will be able to convert her :) We plan on adopting 2 kids :)

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sure some do, but I haven't noticed since I'm looking for a girl. :D Though for me, it's less hair. :doh:

That is a very good attitude to have. I have dated bigger women, I actually like a girl that doesn't feel like a sack of twigs about to snap when I hug her. I just don't appreciate when they lie. At different times I dated girls that were about the same size/body type/weight, and I had a harder time with dating the second girl because I met her online, and she lied about her weight. That might be shallow still, but I just have a hard time dating someone that will lie about something that she can't hide. I would have the same problem if a girl said that she had a college degree, and she didn't, or said she had a certain vehicle, and had something else. I have noticed these issues more on secular websites than Christian ones. I'll step off my soap box now.

I don't think it's shallow to not want to date/marry someone who lies about that stuff. :)

Upvote 0
U

Ukrainia

We'll see if I have a success story. I'm planning on meeting a girl I've messaged online for a few weeks through a dating site. She's really nice and we have a lot in common. I'm also sure she's not lying about anything. I mean, if a girl was going to lie, I'd have to think she could do better than describing herself as a nerd and placing a picture of helfself dressed as Carl Sagan on her profile (it was a Halloween costume and the only picture of herself that wasn't stunning). So I'm excited and really quite hopeful, but even it doesn't amount to anything, I'm still impressed witht the ability to find someone similar to myself on an online dating website. A friend of mine, after just being on a dating website for a few weeks, aleady thinks she's found someone with great potential for a relationship and they've gone on a few dates already. So I would argue that online dating sites are a great way to meet people. Beware of creeps, but that would be the case in real life as well.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Agreed except that people online have the ability to LIE more and yep, ive been lied to by of all things, a "Stephans Minister.":idea:

people can lie just as easily IRL as online. The only lie someone couldn't get away with right away is a 65 yo dirty old man claiming to be a 23 yo stud.

Thats why you always have to be careful when you meet someone new and use common sense. There are crazies at church too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I met my fiance on a TS site where she and I were just ready to kill ourselves that day. She was looking for a friend and I was lurking for a bit thinking what the point was. She posted her facebook link there asking for friends, she was blasted by the older members for it. I stood up for her and I think everyday it was a miracle sent by God. I mean both of us were ready, hell I had my suicide note written and the pills ready. This was 7 months ago. We are now looking for ways to get to each other. When I meet her we plan on getting married. She knows everything about me, and I her. I haven't kept anything secret from her. She knows I am a tad chunky but loves me anyway. I haven't felt love truer than this ever. Aside from Jesus of course :) I think he works through the net too :) Nothing is outside his will.

oh she is atheist too but I think she sees and respects my faith so maybe I will be able to convert her :) We plan on adopting 2 kids :)

Awwwww That is touching. I wish all the best for you & yours!

Personally though, just my opinion, but I always figured the rule for marriage was to wait at least 1 year. It takes about a year to really get to know someone.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Personally though, just my opinion, but I always figured the rule for marriage was to wait at least 1 year. It takes about a year to really get to know someone.
yes. in person. The danger of the internet/phone only relationship is that its very easy to believe you know someone *very* well and gives you a false sense of security that you know what you're getting into. I know. I've been there. but you really don't know them at all until you spend a substantial amount of time with that person face-to-face.

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
yes. in person. The danger of the internet/phone only relationship is that its very easy to believe you know someone *very* well and gives you a false sense of security that you know what you're getting into. I know. I've been there. but you really don't know them at all until you spend a substantial amount of time with that person face-to-face.

Agreed.

Upvote 0

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I think the biggest trick to match.com is:
1) Search for Christian
2) Search every day recent matches

This way you really meet people as soon as they sign up. Some people won't check their account after a while. So being right there to snatch them up is a pro.

I get a great high using match.com because I see so many women who are pretty and Christian. Like 1000 new faces a day. Whereas in real life I went 10 years and never met a Christian single.

So lets say I met 1 Christian single in the past 10 years, which I didn't unless you count the girl who was leaving me. 1/365*10 is: 1 in 3650 days So I see 1000 Christian singles a day on match.com, so that is 3,650,000x as many prospects. You can see why I am happy. Match.com increases my chances of meeting my wife by 365,000,000 %!

I like Christianmingle.com better as I think there may be stronger Christians there, but it only has 100 per day vs Match.com's 1000 per day.

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

Ill take my chances. Only got one life to live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wait, I'm confused: what's a date?

According to Webster's dictionary, a date is defined as a meeting-up of two people who then spend several hours staring awkwardly at each other and possibly spending a substantial amount of money on food and drinks that they normally don't eat. A successful date ends with a kiss or a hug at the door, and a failed date ends with a door in the face. Good times :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I will say a few things about dating in the wake of suicidal episodes and severe depression - be cautious. It is easy to latch on to other people and bond in your illness, but it is also often unhealthy. You cannot come to depend on the other person as a source of your wellness and happiness. Your recovery must come independent of them, however much support they offer. If you place the source of your wellness in another person, what happens if or when that person departs your life? You lose everything, and spiral downward once again.

Dating with mental illness takes a great deal of patience and caution. Never rush into anything, regardless of how you feel, as emotions are fickle and fleeting, and often deceptive. When you are unstable, as depressive patients are, it is not the time to make life-altering decisions.

I say this as an individual with major depressive disorder, who has spent years in treatment, some of which in a hospital. It took me years to find stability again, and only then was it wise for me to pursue a romantic relationship with anyone.

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

Wait, I'm confused: what's a date?

It's that special feeling you get in your heart that says you love them that much. *sappy moment over*

aww thanks ^_^ I hope it works out I do. I try to be optimistic I know I have to go in wanting it to work :)

I know but it just feels right, she said so too i love her so much :)

Upvote 0