Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Well, let's see... I've met some pretty great people online, but ultimately nothing came from it. I was even, at one point, was almost married to someone I first met online. I have friends who have met people online, and some people I know have even met their spouses online. But it's not for everyone, and I personally don't really like it either. I think it's important to be open to the idea of meeting someone there, but not limiting yourself to it as your only means of meeting people. God can work through anything.

Upvote 0

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I met a friend through match.com
I have high hopes of meeting someone more than a friend through match.com or Christianmingle.com as I've only been using them 3 months.

My first and most awesome love I met randomly on a MUD back in 98. She was hot, she loves video games, she loves simpsons, she loved me, and we enjoyed each others company. And somehow I let her slip through. I give thanks to God for my one great love I had in a woman. Now I sort of look to the path of discipleship with more appreciation as I almost feel I couldn't love another woman like I loved her.

So it is very possible to find someone online. If you're a girl, play World of Warcraft.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I do know several people who have been online dating for years without success, just as I know people who found their spouse within the first week of online dating. Online dating is really no different from dating outside the internet, it's just a different method in a slightly more concentrated pool of prospective people.

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2011
✟7,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I Love video games and the simpsons. Are you over 35 LOL...jk. ANyhow, Ive had horror stories w online and offline dating. I guess God just doesnt see fit at this time to hook me up. The fellows on sec sites ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS go sexual, even tho i explain my faith clearly. oh well good luck my brother in jesus. :)
I have high hopes of meeting someone more than a friend through match.com or Christianmingle.com as I've only been using them 3 months.

My first and most awesome love I met randomly on a MUD back in 98. She was hot, she loves video games, she loves simpsons, she loved me, and we enjoyed each others company. And somehow I let her slip through. I give thanks to God for my one great love I had in a woman. Now I sort of look to the path of discipleship with more appreciation as I almost feel I couldn't love another woman like I loved her.

So it is very possible to find someone online. If you're a girl, play World of Warcraft.[/quote]

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2011
✟7,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do know several people who have been online dating for years without success, just as I know people who found their spouse within the first week of online dating. Online dating is really no different from dating outside the internet, it's just a different method in a slightly more concentrated pool of prospective people.

Agreed except that people online have the ability to LIE more and yep, ive been lied to by of all things, a "Stephans Minister.":idea:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 17, 2011
✟7,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my cousin married a girl he met online from Trinidad.

Two men at my church met their wives online, one is from Tobago, and the other is from the Phillipines, both happily married and living for the Lord..

it can happen:)

Hmmm, maybe i should look for a foreign guy myself. SERIOUSLY!

Upvote 0
Jul 17, 2011
✟7,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, let's see... I've met some pretty great people online, but ultimately nothing came from it. I was even, at one point, was almost married to someone I first met online. I have friends who have met people online, and some people I know have even met their spouses online. But it's not for everyone, and I personally don't really like it either. I think it's important to be open to the idea of meeting someone there, but not limiting yourself to it as your only means of meeting people. God can work through anything.

God CAN work thru anything. Amen! But i dont think he wants me coupled right now, ive been striving HARD to find a fella...:confused:

Upvote 0

Reborn_in_Christ2003

May 10, 2004
Whiteman AFB
✟8,911.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've had limited success in the 2 years I've been trying it. :D I went on a date with a girl last December, and thought it went okay, but she wasn't that interested. To be honest it was probably a good thing. I met another girl in Jan. through a different online site, and that was a mistake. She lied about a lot of her info. The next, and last girl I met online was in May, and we dated for about 3 weeks. That was an even bigger mistake as she also lied about a lot of her info. Both those girls I met on secular sites. Right now, I'm hoping to meet a girl that enjoys video games, and doesn't think 200lbs is athletic. :D Sorry, I don't mind uhhh, girls that have a little meat on them, but saying that you are athletic, and then being overweight is a bit much for me. Yes, I might be shallow. I'll live with it. :p EDIT: One of my best friends met his wife online, and I know a few other people who have as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blueforest

Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
So it is very possible to find someone online. If you're a girl, play World of Warcraft.

I would imagine you would get SWARMED with nerds who have yet to kiss a girl constantly hitting on you while planning your wedding day, after one raid.

Upvote 0

Blueforest

Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
God CAN work thru anything. Amen! But i dont think he wants me coupled right now, ive been striving HARD to find a fella...:confused:

Well then if you don't believe God has anyone for you right now, then you probably won't find anyone then. You have to believe it before you see it, not after. That's what faith is (Heb 11:1).

Upvote 0

Reborn_in_Christ2003

May 10, 2004
Whiteman AFB
✟8,911.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would imagine you would get SWARMED with nerds who have yet to kiss a girl constantly hitting on you while planning your wedding day, after one raid.
Hey, I would wait till after the second raid to plan the wedding...:D

Truth be told, I haven't gotten into raiding since I just started playing WOW, and am playing catch up in leveling. :doh:

Upvote 0