United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Hi there

I've been following this popular online Church in another country these last 6 months and I love it. Their sermons, live.music, brilliant, and I've given money to them a few times when I can, tithe.

Is it okay I continue this online Church even though I don't physically go to a local church anymore?

Is that good for me? Would God approve if I stick with them?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hello, friendl. It's hard to know how to answer that without knowing what, exactly, that online church is preaching, etc.

But in principle, no, it's not wrong to do, especially if you do not have a church home where you live.

I'd recommend ALSO looking seriously into finding one of the latter, though, because nothing online can substitute for a real congregation.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is certainly nothing wrong with watching online services, or televised services. However, there is much to be gained by in person fellowship and worship as well. Staying alone keeps us sequestered from interacting and worshiping with other people, other Christians. It is good to share and worship together.

There is nothing wrong with these types of services, but some form of real world fellowship should be done as well, when things are safe.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is certainly nothing wrong with watching online services, or televised services. However, there is much to be gained by in person fellowship and worship as well. Staying alone keeps us sequestered from interacting and worshiping with other people, other Christians. It is good to share and worship together.

There is nothing wrong with these types of services, but some form of real world fellowship should be done as well, when things are safe.
Absolutely agree.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have time to go to church, but I watch online. Only orthodox of course, I can't handle the heresies of the others. So, it is not wrong.

See...
That's the thing.
The sermons are the boring part....the music is okay. It's enjoyable at least. And if you enjoy that part you really will have it made.

But there's the friendships formed when you meet people in person that are the best part of church. I have friends of 30+ years from church... still friends with them. I cheer their kids as if they were my own...I've laughed and cried with these people for decades. We don't live in the same cities anymore (haven't in over 20 years) but the friendships remain.

And this doesn't happen in a remote viewing position.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
friendl,

No one can answer that for you without a word from the Lord. We aren’t privy to your circumstances and have little to go on. If you aren’t affiliated with a local body it is helpful to stay plugged in. Some choose to follow a church, podcast, or weekly programming. I would seek the Lord’s input and ask for direction.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi there

I've been following this popular online Church in another country these last 6 months and I love it. Their sermons, live.music, brilliant, and I've given money to them a few times when I can, tithe.

Is it okay I continue this online Church even though I don't physically go to a local church anymore?

Is that good for me? Would God approve if I stick with them?
I have been following overseas churches too. In my case, I know it is right because I feel I will be going there at some point and I need to learn more about the cultural and religious differences. My only difference is that I try to keep up with a local church too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Brethren, as long as the focus of the ministry is on Christ and the message of salvation, continue in it.

Avoid being religious, Christ Chastised religious leaders in His days. You can fellowship with other saints by joining Facebook groups and sharing your thoughts and knowledge on here and in similar forums where saints are gathered. Christ is in you, worship Him in truth and in spirit, this is what God wants

Upvote 0