Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What if it is him, symbolically and literally, and both are right, and both are wrong? That would mean that you will be judged on how much you loved others and showed mercy, no mater what rituals you did or church you belonged to.
There is the analogy of three Christians in a room. The first believes in Pre-Millennialism, the second in Post-Millennialism and the third in Amillennialism.

Does that make one righteous and the other two wicked or is one of them correct and the other two wrong?

Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is the analogy of three Christians in a room. The first believes in Pre-Millennialism, the second in Post-Millennialism and the third in Amillennialism.

Does that make one righteous and the other two wicked or is one of them correct and the other two wrong?

Whichever is not correct, when the truth is fully known, will be reckoned with as a man who is imperfect and sinful by nature. On the other hand, if he thinks "those who believe in Pre-Millennialism are correct worshipers and are saved, the other believers are wrong and are not going to be saved" is in my opinion judging others while being sinful, making them liable to judgement. The question of Millennialism is a moot point as far as I go. It has no bearing on salvation, and only God knows exactly what all the phrases and symbols of the Bible truly mean. Peace :)

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It IS really that simple.

Sadly, by adding pious speculation to the Gospel truths, protestants however well-intentioned that they might be, believe in something that's been diluted or abased.

Some not all, most Evangelicals believe in something that has been abased or diluted

Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, by adding pious speculation to the Gospel truths, protestants however well-intentioned that they might be, believe in something that's been diluted or abased.

I can say the same thing about transubstantiation. -

"Sadly, by adding pious speculation to the Gospel truths, Catholics however well-intentioned that they might be, believe in something that's been over complicated and internalized, when Jesus was just saying that all things came to be and are through him, and it is expressed in communion. It simply is his body and blood. Period. Everything else is him too"

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you are free to say anything you want to. As for it being accurate, that's a different story.

I am accurate. I have researched the "sacrifice of the mass" in depth. I found that it is not in line with scripture. Here is a quote from the Catholic encyclopedia explaining what it consist of-

"
  • the twofold consecration must show not only the relative, but also the absolute moment of sacrifice, so that the Mass will not consist in a mere relation, but will be revealed as in itself a real sacrifice;
  • the act of sacrifice (actio sacrifica), veiled in the double consecration, must refer directly to the sacrificialmatter — i.e. the Eucharistic Christ Himself — not to the elements of bread and wine or their unsubstantial species;
  • the sacrifice of Christ must somehow result in a kenosis, not in a glorification, since this latter is at most the object of the sacrifice, not the sacrifice itself;
  • since this postulated kenosis, however, can be no real, but only a mystical or sacramental one, we must appraise intelligently those moments which approximate in any degree the "mystical slaying" to a real exinanition, instead of rejecting them. "
#1- Even though it is taught that it is not another sacrifice, but part of the same sacrifice of Calvary, Why does it state -"not consist in a mere relation, but will be revealed as in itself a real sacrifice;"?

#2- Paul writes in Hebrews that his sacrifice was a once for all complete sacrifice forever. This states that there is a "absolute moment of sacrifice" and an "act of sacrifice". You say-"As for it being accurate" IMHO the absolute moment of sacrifice was when he died on the cross. The only "act of sacrifice was when he was crucified.

#3. How is there a "mystical slaying" when he is sitting beside God in glory waiting for his enemies to be put under his feet?

Am I accurate?

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Am I accurate?
You are accurate in that you can copy and paste words from a book.

#1- Even though it is taught that it is not another sacrifice, but part of the same sacrifice of Calvary, Why does it state -"not consist in a mere relation, but will be revealed as in itself a real sacrifice;"?

#2- Paul writes in Hebrews that his sacrifice was a once for all complete sacrifice forever. This states that there is a "absolute moment of sacrifice" and an "act of sacrifice". You say-"As for it being accurate" IMHO the absolute moment of sacrifice was when he died on the cross. The only "act of sacrifice was when he was crucified.

#3. How is there a "mystical slaying" when he is sitting beside God in glory waiting for his enemies to be put under his feet?
The Church teaches, as it has always taught, that His sacrifice on Calvary is "once and for all". During Mass, time folds into eternity and eternity folds into time and we are present at the sacrifice at Calvary.
I have researched the "sacrifice of the mass" in depth
I would perform a bit more research.

I would suggest reading this:
The Holy Mass explained to Catalina by Jesus and Mary

although private revelation, I believe it would be beneficial for you.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Church teaches, as it has always taught, that His sacrifice on Calvary is "once and for all". During Mass, time folds into eternity and eternity folds into time and we are present at the sacrifice at Calvary.

As does my church and I would wager most Liturgical Traditional Churches

Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read the link. That is not scriptural. Show me anything in the bible supporting the "sacrifice of the mass" . It is him. I believe that. But how it is "obtained" is what I do not agree with. Ive read the Bible cover to cover and cannot find anything to support it. At the last supper, when Jesus took the bread and gave it to the disciples, he said, "This is my body". BEFORE Calvary. Show me one thing in the bible that supports any kind of sacrifice after that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”

Hebrews Ch 10

Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is scripture supporting the sacrifice that God ordained after Calvary-

Romans 12-12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

"This is your true and proper worship".............

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Show me anything in the bible supporting the "sacrifice of the mass"
I cannot speak to the motives and agendas of others. But at least my contributions to this thread -- and others like it -- is intended to inform others; not necessarily persuade them. Speaking only for myself, I couldn't care less what you believe. All I seek to do is properly inform you as to what I as a Catholic believe.

As a broader statement, Catholics do not believe in strange brew, man-made, ahistorical doctrines like "sola scriptura". Thus, the whole "show me in the Bible" bit is your limitation but it is not something that Catholics abide by.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a broader statement, Catholics do not believe in strange brew, man-made, ahistorical doctrines like "sola scriptura".

I do not believe that relying on Gods word, Jesus' real flesh, is strange brew and man made. It is truth and life, the light of the world. We will agree to disagree. Believing in Gods son is #1. And we both agree on that. What we actually do (mercy, forgiveness, LOVE #1) is what determines our reward in heaven. Not what man made traditions you follow. IMHO. Peace.

Upvote 0