One Punch Man is AWESOME!

Supremocombo

Christian Anime fan, Tech nerd, and gamer.
Aug 16, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As the title implies, i love this anime. It feels a lot like Gintama, with a superhero twist to it which I really like. I also find the animations beautiful and smooth, which is awesome. In general, this anime is hilarious and awesome, and I really love it. Cant wait till Sunday :D!

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's a weird mix of a serious story alongside a fun amount of humor, mostly with our main character, though there have been jokes done by otherwise serious characters, like Bang did in the recent episode with the meteor. And the manga this is based on is technically based on a webcomic done by a guy who doesn't make any profit from it, since doing manga isn't his "job", more of a hobby, unlike Murata, who's best known for Eyeshield 21

Upvote 0

one-light

Jun 14, 2016
Asia
✟7,641.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm glad that there is a section dedicated to anime / manga. I am quite a new christian and I am trying to find myself some suitable anime / manga to watch and those that I should stay away from. This anime / manga is unique and special in its own way, and there is something I really like about the main characters Saitama and Genos.

1. Saitama is super powerful yet super humble and does his work because it's the right thing to do and doesn't care what others think of him or rankings. He is also skilled at controlling his power outside battle, and appears no different from any ordinary human. In the sea king arc, he was willing to give up his own reputation in other to save other heroes'.
2. Saitama shows sympathy towards enemies (and so far not killed any human enemy) and forgives those that show remorse. The story just got better in the human monster arc and Fubuki/Tatsumaki arc. I like how he eventually befriends some monsters, King and other heroes.
3. Saitama despises unnecessary or wrong use of violence (in the Manga when he stopped Genos fighting against Sonic). He does not care / judge by physical appearance.
4. Genos the disciple and his character development - he has mellowed over time under Saitama's training. I like how he's super observant (taking detailed notes of Saitama's moves and quotes his sayings word-by-word), hard working and loyal towards his teacher. He can be super serious but humorous at the same time as well. His battles are cool to watch but always end up badly beaten.

I don't know if any one agrees with me, that although OPM is not a christian anime it does have some kind of christian values, which I have mentioned above. It's a kind of superhero anime that I have really enjoyed in recent years. It's sad that the anime / OVAs have ended and I can't wait for season 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'd almost say it's more superhero tropes in particular. I recall more recent chapters of the manga have a tokusatsu sort of parody, not to mention some of the OVAs have interesting little side stories, like a murder mystery one at a hot spring or other sort of things regarding character dynamics, like Genos, Bang and Saitama

Upvote 0

שונה

The Prince
Jan 10, 2019
Arizona
✟9,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As the title implies, i love this anime. It feels a lot like Gintama, with a superhero twist to it which I really like. I also find the animations beautiful and smooth, which is awesome. In general, this anime is hilarious and awesome, and I really love it. Cant wait till Sunday :D!
I love the animation and action and that theme song...GETS ME PUMPED (I'm a sucker for super power anime's and good action and music)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All I ever heard of it is that it's suppose to be a parody of overpowered anime characters.

It started out that way, but it evolves into a regular battle shonen series by the time you get to the alien invasion and especially monster association arcs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you read the manga or watch the anime, or both?

I haven't been following up with this series but saw that there are some of you who are very intrigued by it. :) Perhaps I should start reading again. Is the series still ongoing?

Upvote 0
Jul 22, 2018
UK
✟8,725.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you read the manga or watch the anime, or both?

I haven't been following up with this series but saw that there are some of you who are very intrigued by it. :) Perhaps I should start reading again. Is the series still ongoing?

Yep, the series is still going, Season 2 of the series recently started.

Upvote 0