Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am a quarter into Dressrosa, & wow, too early to call it my favorite arc so far???? If it stays this good till the end, it will!
1/2 way thru Dressrosa. It's still AMAZING.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I have the dvd collection through 19 and I think I'm just about to start fishman island. I probably won't watch it after I finish 19 even though they have it on Tubi it is not the dub versions and I refuse to read subtitles for hours I just don't enjoy it.

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have the dvd collection through 19 and I think I'm just about to start fishman island. I probably won't watch it after I finish 19 even though they have it on Tubi it is not the dub versions and I refuse to read subtitles for hours I just don't enjoy it.
I usually watch things w/ subtitles b/c they mumble a lot on shows & movies plus it helps me from not missing something important if my mind starts to wander, but I prefer the dub on 1P anyways. After 800 episodes, it'd be hard to switch to the sub.

So I Googled a bit this morning & the Dub is on Hulu but only for a few hundered episodes so I made the right choice ordering the Blu Ray of the episodes I need.

Fishman Island is good. Apparently a lot of the fans don't like it but I thought it was amazing.

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I usually watch things w/ subtitles b/c they mumble a lot on shows & movies plus it helps me from not missing something important if my mind starts to wander, but I prefer the dub on 1P anyways. After 800 episodes, it'd be hard to switch to the sub.

So I Googled a bit this morning & the Dub is on Hulu but only for a few hundered episodes so I made the right choice ordering the Blu Ray of the episodes I need.

Fishman Island is good. Apparently a lot of the fans don't like it but I thought it was amazing.
So far I've liked most of it but one part confused me some where Luffy was caught Zoro took on his pain and let Luffy go etc when they had him good. I find as the series goes on and they add new characters an encounter has them splitting up 50 ways to hell and back that make things start to drag more and more.
I tend to watch a few discs every few days sort of an evening binge of sorts to distract me from my wandering mind.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So far I've liked most of it but one part confused me some where Luffy was caught Zoro took on his pain and let Luffy go etc when they had him good. I find as the series goes on and they add new characters an encounter has them splitting up 50 ways to hell and back that make things start to drag more and more.
I tend to watch a few discs every few days sort of an evening binge of sorts to distract me from my wandering mind.
Yeah, the arc I'm on now suffers from too many things going on at once. At first. Now where I"m on now it joined them back together. I don't find it dragging, just gave me a headache.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, the arc I'm on now suffers from too many things going on at once. At first. Now where I"m on now it joined them back together. I don't find it dragging, just gave me a headache.
I think that they switch back and forth from too slow, to too chaotic in order to give all the characters a part in the end boss fights and it seems to be taking more and more time to get to the end point of an arc. I also am seeing more and more what seems more like cheating when put in a sticky situation they pull out a new ship tech and the second and third gear bit for Luffy didn't seem to ramp up over time but just kind of popped into existence when they made the boss too hard after Luffy defeated him too easily over and over. I'm more of a sneaky genius way to win a battle than an "I didn't see that coming". It reminds me of when I would watch Perry Mason TV series and near the end he pulls all sorts of stuff out of nowhere to win the case, stuff that we were never told so we couldn't compete with Perry after it happened almost every show I got tired of being kept in the dark till the end and mysteries where you simply can't guess who did what are no challenge but rather more of a coin flip.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think that they switch back and forth from too slow, to too chaotic in order to give all the characters a part in the end boss fights and it seems to be taking more and more time to get to the end point of an arc. I also am seeing more and more what seems more like cheating when put in a sticky situation they pull out a new ship tech and the second and third gear bit for Luffy didn't seem to ramp up over time but just kind of popped into existence when they made the boss too hard after Luffy defeated him too easily over and over. I'm more of a sneaky genius way to win a battle than an "I didn't see that coming". It reminds me of when I would watch Perry Mason TV series and near the end he pulls all sorts of stuff out of nowhere to win the case, stuff that we were never told so we couldn't compete with Perry after it happened almost every show I got tired of being kept in the dark till the end and mysteries where you simply can't guess who did what are no challenge but rather more of a coin flip.
I don't disagree. The power creep w/ Luffy (& the series' other super-powerful characters) is about the only thing I dislike w/ 1P. For example, I dislike how something that's supposed to be as common amongst the powerful as Haki isn't even hinted at till the timeskip. & now Luffy uses that more than his actual rubber powers. I don't like Haki. What's the point in having a character have rubber powers if they can just defeat enemies w/ their mind, have super-speed, etc.?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I don't disagree. The power creep w/ Luffy (& the series' other super-powerful characters) is about the only thing I dislike w/ 1P. For example, I dislike how something that's supposed to be as common amongst the powerful as Haki isn't even hinted at till the timeskip. & now Luffy uses that more than his actual rubber powers. I don't like Haki.
Yeah.... I don't see this show ever ending and sooner or later some of the voice actors dubbing it will pass away and the writers will change and with it more "cheating".

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Was only able to watch a few episodes this week. I still like the Dressrossa arc, but it's sooooo long. Still 7 disks left & I'm only 60% thru.
It's good but it's long. Ha ha, isn't that 1P in a nutshell.
This arc DOES have way too much going on it tho. I hope the next arc scales it back some. From what it sounds like, it doesn't, considering Cake Island & Wano are crazy long too.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve been wanting to play an RPG. My friend gave me One Piece: Unlimited Adventure by chance, & wow, this is the kind of game I was looking for. What a game! I am in the ‘Lost Jungle’ right now about to fight Kabu (the giraffe man from Water 7 / Ennies Lobby). It’s hard to know what to do next (that’s why he gave it to me), but I like hard games. Very fun!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve been wanting to play an RPG. My friend gave me One Piece: Unlimited Adventure by chance, & wow, this is the kind of game I was looking for. What a game! I am in the ‘Lost Jungle’ right now about to fight Kabu (the giraffe man from Water 7 / Ennies Lobby). It’s hard to know what to do next (that’s why he gave it to me), but I like hard games. Very fun!
I am now in the last 'world' (The Floating Island) & am fighting Lucci. He's hard! I'm almost done w/ the game. I highly reccomend it if you like adventure games!
I still haven't finished Dressrosa btw.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I have just a few episodes of Dressrosa left. Overall I really liked it.

Usopp vs Sugar!
Bartolomeo!
The Collisseum Battle!
The Tontatta!
Don Flamingo!
Trafalgar Law!
Rebecca & Kryos!
King Elizabello!
Sabo & Koala!
The goop guy I’m forgetting his name right now!
Dellinger!
Senor Pink!
So much goodness.

That being said, it has a little too much going on. There’s really 3 main plots of action: the Collisseum, the battle vs the commanders, & the Cesar stuff that gets abandoned ½ way. So that helps. But my goodness, it’s like they saw the popularity of Game of Thrones which can be overly complicated & said ‘I can do that too!’ I really hope the series gets a bit slimmer, but my guess is it’ll only get more complicated. Don’t get me wrong, I like complicated stories w/ big casts, but maybe tell all the Collisseum stuff at once, for example, or all the Green Bit stuff at once, for another example.

Anyways, I really did enjoy Dressrosa. It might be one of my favorites! It really is really good! It made me laugh! It made me cry! It made me cheer! It made me hate characters in a good way! It made me love characters! Just like 1P always does!! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Someday I need to rewatch Episode 1 thru Alabasta, where I wasn’t really a fan yet & still getting used to the style. I didn’t really start really liking it until Skypeia. I’m hoping the Netflix series is good!

I’m starting to feel the series is too bloated. Too many characters. Too much going on. I’m hoping Zoan thru where they are now is simpler. But considering how long Wano apparently is, I feel it’s only gonna get worse.

Jaya/Skypiea thru Fishman Island is peak (where I've enjoyed it the most) One Piece IMO.

Also, I can’t see the series being done anytime soon although Oda the author has said it will be. I see Elbaf, Marie Jois, Laughtale, Dragon’s Island where the Revolutionary Army is, plus probably a couple smaller breather arcs all being future arcs, & tthey’ll probably be as long + complicated as Dressrosa, Wano, & Cake Island.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I resumed One Piece again!

Silver Mine Arc: There are no bad fillers in this series. The villain, just as ‘love to hate’ as any villain in a main arc. Liked the relationship between Bartolomeo & his - I want to call her sister but I forget his relationship to her. Liked the mine cart character. I thought it’d be revealed it was a mine cart that ate a devil fruit! Only downside is Bartolomeo’s gushing over Luffy getting tiresome.

Zoan Arc: Brook’s song “Let’s go meet Mr Cat Viper!” Capone shooting the lion! The drawing they use to scale Zoan! It’s on the back of an enormous elephant! Kaido’s commander is a giant Mammoth! Robin & Usopp bickering about the Minks being cannibals! Beppo comes back! Cat Viper! Zoro not wanting to help Sanji (after he was the one who said Usopp can’t quit back in Water 7)! Chopper has a crush! Sanji leaves! Ninja! The elephant beats Kaido's commander (Jack) with one hit! Carrot! Vivi, Rebecca, Shirahoshi, Doctorine!

Up next: Marine Rookies & Whole Cake!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I started watching the Netflix series w/ a couple buddies. It seems pretty faithful plot-wise, but doesn't capture the spirit. It's 'too Hollywood.' It's too edgy. It's too American. The casting, visuals, faithfulness to plot, all well-done, but it's a 'fake' imitation.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I started watching the Netflix series w/ a couple buddies. It seems pretty faithful plot-wise, but doesn't capture the spirit. It's 'too Hollywood.' It's too edgy. It's too American. The casting, visuals, faithfulness to plot, all well-done, but it's a 'fake' imitation.
We watched some more episodes. I enjoyed them much better. Didn't seem as edgy, seemed to capture the spirit much better, less filler. Pretty good!

Upvote 0