Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just finished Thriller Bark.

Brook's amazing. He makes my heart happy. If I had a heart. Yo ho ho ho

The Laboon/Brook backstory <3 I want a baby whale named Laboon! Soooo cute!!!

I liked Gecko Moria as the villian. He was really creepy.

Usopp's battle w/ Perona was great. Robin's wings. She's an angel <3

Not sure how I thought about Oars, but the tagteam fight vs him was the best tagteam fight I've ever seen!!

I loved the Halloween/creepy theme.

Gonna take a few weeks' break before starting Spa Island Arc!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clertole

Sep 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟20,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just finished Thriller Bark.

Brook's amazing. He makes my heart happy. If I had a heart. Yo ho ho ho
He is indeed a good vibe for everyone. He may not be immortal but his great vibes can be immortal to our hearts.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just finished the Spa Island & Sabaody Archipelago arcs. Wow, SA is intense! So many crazy powers & abilities introduced.

Will be taking a day off, watching the Strong World movie, & then jumping right into the Amazon Lily arc after.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I watched the Strong World Once Piece movie
--The animation is GORGEOUS
--I really liked the villain Shiki. One of my favorite 1P villians so far
--The animal designs, character wardrobes, island design, was amazing.
--Part of me thinks this would've made a more interesting Skypiea arc then what we got. I loved the Skypiea arc, but really all it was, was a civil war set in the sky. This takes the sky setting & applies it to the story. (I know the Noland backstory in Skypiea & the city of gold is all about the sky setting, but it really doesn't play into it until the end)
-- When the crew infilrates the base dressed in suits & armed w/ rifles :openmouth:
-- Only thing I didn't like so much was the Luffy-having-to-rescue-Nami-from-Shiki plot point was maybe a bit too similar to Luffy having to resuce Nami from Arlong

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I watched the Impel Down arc of One Piece. More amazing-ness. RIP Bon Clay. (I know he survives, but still. Great scene.) I like bringing back a lot of characters from the early arcs.

I'm already a few episodes in Marineford.

I swear every arc is better than the one before it!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I finished Marineford & Post War.

The battle was amazing. Whitebeard's amazing. I hate Garp for Ace's death. & Sengoku. I actually don't blame Akainu, although he was the one who delivered the death-blow. I like how it's an All-Star battle w/ a lot of favorites from previous arcs.

Post War is kind of boring. I liked the backstory w/ Ace, Luffy, & Sabo growing up, but all the Straw Hats on their separate islands feels like filler. It's like 'just skip to the timeskip & be done w/ it'. I don't like it cuts back & forth w/ each Straw Hat. It's disjointed.

I also have a hard time seeing Luffy taking time off (2 years!) to train. It seems out-of-character to me. Maybe Oda should've had Rayleigh join the crew for a couple years of random adventures training everyone?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I finished Fishman Island. Apparently a lot of fans don’t like it. Not sure why. I find a lot of the arcs fans don’t like I really enjoy (Skypiea, Thriller Bark, now this one)

I found the racism story very mature. I was a bit disappointed Tiger didn’t have more of an impact in the story.

I thought Hordy was an excellent villain. The voice actor really nailed the performance. Maybe that’s why a lot of fans find him disappointing, because they read the manga when it’s the voice that I really enjoyed? & the part where Fukaboshi is “What did they do to you that’s so bad to you? How did they wrong you so much?” & I’m sitting here expecting some sort of tragic backstory like is typical, but then Hordy gives a deadpan: “Not a dang thing.” Shivers.

After their build-up in Sabaody, I was expecting Camie & Papagu to do more but they sit to the side during most of the arc.

I loved all the crew’s new powers! The Iron Pirate! The Brachio Tank! Brook’s spirit can leave his body! Sanji can skywalk! Chopper can control Monster Point! Wow! Luffy seems way over-powered, I’m not sure I like the Haki mechanic………

Onto Z’s Ambition & Film Z!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One Piece: Film Z

I thought it was just okay. The animation is incredible. I loved the settings (sea train, volcanoes are amazing, the Marine base, etc.) The costumes in the final fight are perfect. Chopper was adorable. I always liked Aojiki & Kizaru so seeing them in starring roles was good. It sounds like I really liked it, but I found the story lacking (& I find story the most important part) & I didn’t really care for Z until the very end – his sacrifice was perfect.

I preferred Strong World

4/5

I also watched the Z’s Ambition filler arc. I’ve liked a lot of 1P filler arcs but found this one just ok. I did like the last episode however (the final fight is pretty good) & the llama cannon Alpaccacino is hilarious :)

Punk Hazard is next!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am nearing the end of Punk Hazard. It's......not my favorite but not done yet.
I finished Punk Hazard. It's been a while since I haven't really enjoyed an arc, Punk Hazard breaks that trend.

On the positive side:
+ Monet & Virgo. Virgo's hilarious & dangerous, Monet is mysterious. Virgo steals the show over Cesar in terms of being an interesting villian.
+ Moca! She's so cute! & when she eats all the poison! Best part of the arc (b/c it's unexpected)
+ Trafalgar Law. What more really needs to be said
+ Momonuske! He's so cute!
+ Brownbeard
+ I usually don't care for Smoker & Tashigi but found them a lot more interesting for whatever reason

On the negative side:
- A lot of this arc sees our heroes just running. Running from the gas. Running from the gas monster. Running from the gas some more. Running, running, running. Gets repetitive
- There's no real payoff to the kid plot. They're rescued &........that's it. They get on a boat & leave. Don't we see even a hint of their reunion w/ their parents?
- I just couldn't really get into it. I think all that running in this arc is the biggest reason I found it sort of a slog. I am curious about Dressrosa tho.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr. Bultitude

Jun 6, 2022
Midwest
✟2,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I finished Punk Hazard.
I'm guessing that you're watching the anime and not reading the manga, correct? Dub or sub? I can't speak for the anime experience as I only read the manga, but everything after Punk Hazard has been brilliant.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm guessing that you're watching the anime and not reading the manga, correct? Dub or sub? I can't speak for the anime experience as I only read the manga, but everything after Punk Hazard has been brilliant.
I watch the dub. :)
Starting Dressrosa soon.

Upvote 0

Mr. Bultitude

Jun 6, 2022
Midwest
✟2,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Starting Dressrosa soon.
I wish I could read it again for the first time. It takes a while for everything to get introduced but then it goes absolutely wild and hasn't slowed down since then.

Upvote 0