✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oy. I hate that.
Thing is, my husband doesn’t define me. We are a partnership and I look to him to lead but we are a partnership. He doesn’t tell me what to do and I hop to it or else. That’s how the couples in this show are and for some unknown reason, all the men are unattractive. Lol wake up ladies, you’re being conned.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are a partnership and I look to him to lead but we are a partnership. He doesn’t tell me what to do and I hop to it or else.
My dad was that way. His "or else" could get very violent.

That is why I dislike that whole model so much.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My dad was that way. His "or else" could get very violent.

That is why I dislike that whole model so much.
Aw sorry :heart:

My dad was difficult and now he’s great. But then again, I was difficult and now I’m great :D

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know, and I like what you said above in the previous post. Well stated and that makes sense.

At first I thought you secretly desired to be a polygamist lol I mean, to each their own but...
Yeah, that was something that I thought last night when reading one of your comments about “the patriarchy”

It’s entirely possible to believe that the Bible doesn’t take a firm stand on something or directly prohibit it, and at the same time have no desire to do that thing that might be “sort of allowed”

I don’t believe the Bible directly prohibits polygamy, but I’d never be a polygamist.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, that was something that I thought last night when reading one of your comments about “the patriarchy”

It’s entirely possible to believe that the Bible doesn’t take a firm stand on something or directly prohibit it, and at the same time have no desire to do that thing that might be “sort of allowed”

I don’t believe the Bible directly prohibits polygamy, but I’d never be a polygamist.
I don’t think that everything in the Bible was somehow ordained by God. The Bible is really more of a living relationship that many cultures had with God. I think that the reason there are thousands of denominations of Christianity is that there are that many agendas whereby someone can twist the Bible to back up their sin. Just my view.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is so backward to the understanding of the first century Jews.

Women were (still are in traditional Judaism) considered to have the higher drive. First century marriage contracts spelled out the MINIMUM amount of sexual satisfaction a wife should expect from her husband. In cases where his job was not too physically strenuous or involved travel, it was DAILY. There are also extant records of court proceedings where wives sued their husbands for not living up to the contract. In many cases it was to order him to change jobs so he could take care of her more frequently.

I was teasing... After so many posts of “who would want to deal with three women” and their stereotype as being nagging, emotional, shrews, I saw the opportunity to flip the script by saying “who’d want to deal with three men” and the stereotyped “always need sex.”

Reactions: DZoolander
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It’s funny though how no ancient texts support women doing this. Lol hmmm.
lol tbh I’d have no more of a problem with a woman doing it than a man.

Neither would be for me, though :)

• Haha
Reactions: Deidre32
Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lol tbh I’d have no more of a problem with a woman doing it than a man.

Neither would be for me, though :)
I agree. I don’t think it’s fair to the other women/men to just be giving their full attention to one, while the one is giving his/her attention to a few others. I wouldn’t feel good about that. Most polygamists are selfish from what I’ve observed in documentaries etc and the women have low esteem in that they believe that such a life is the best they can have. It’s sad to me no matter how the justify it.

Reactions: DZoolander
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, so how about letting one wife marry multiple men? Hmmm...no Bible Scripture to back that up eh? lol Yea, only the men could have more than one wife and somehow...God agreed. Jesus didn’t condone it, for the record.

I knew some on here would condone a man having several wives. Patriarchy is alive and well.
I think that should be legal, people are doing it anyway. New York City is very strange place

Upvote 0