Aug 15, 2005
Alabama
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So due to certain circumstances, I no longer have a choice in the matter of moving out...I am being forced out. I'm going to live with friends for awhile for very low rent. I already pay all my bills but car insurance will go up because it has to be switched to my own name. I know I need out of the situation I am in, and I'm grateful to all my friends. But I'm also scared... I work three jobs and am a full time student; finances were already tight before this happened. This will be the first time I'm completely on my own. I know the Lord will provide though :crossrc:

Reactions: rocklife

JBWhitley

Jul 2, 2007
✟7,648.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
this is just a thought, but would it be possible for you to trade in 2 of the jobs for a full time job so you had one full time (with flex hours) and one part-time with school? that might make it a bit easier.

Also, I would look around and see what you can do about insurance and who would give you the best rates. You don't have to stick with the company your parents where on.

Upvote 0

rodgeam

Aug 15, 2005
Alabama
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've thought about and tried to get a full time job so many times, but they're hard to come by in this town. The jobs I have now are all part time. One is on campus and I can study at work most of the time. The other two are at vet clinics and we get paid low wages and no benefits due to the fact that there are an abundance of workers and no jobs around here.

I'll definitely check into the car ins with other companies. And I guess I'll have to get just liability for now. I'll probably have to go without health ins for awhile too.

Upvote 0

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One thing to keep in mind now: Do NOT let the credit cards take over. I understand they can be necessary at times, but too many people use them for unnecessary wants and they ruin their lives. A bad credit history will affect you for years to come. I have seen people not be able to buy homes, cars, etc... later down the line because early screw up with credit cards.

Also, set a budget and stick to it. It may be necessary to cut things such as eating out, going to the movies, trips to the mall, etc... for a bit.

Hope I have been able to help.

Coach R

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing to keep in mind now: Do NOT let the credit cards take over. I understand they can be necessary at times, but too many people use them for unnecessary wants and they ruin their lives. A bad credit history will affect you for years to come. I have seen people not be able to buy homes, cars, etc... later down the line because early screw up with credit cards.

Also, set a budget and stick to it. It may be necessary to cut things such as eating out, going to the movies, trips to the mall, etc... for a bit.

Hope I have been able to help.

Coach R
I agree with that. Limit use of credit cards and set and stick to a budget.

Upvote 0

BeautifulChange

Jul 6, 2007
Nueva York
✟15,393.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I suggest praying a lot.

I've been through a similar situation in the past. I wish i went through it with the Lord, though. So I think you're already better off than most.

ps: Since you are a student, check your school for health insurance. They usually offer it at a low cost. It's usually the basics but it's better than nothing.

Upvote 0

rodgeam

Aug 15, 2005
Alabama
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I did it. Packed my car to the brim and enlisted the help a friend to help me move the rest later. I walked out of my house this morning...my dad was already gone to work and my mother refused to say a word to me. I haven't heard from them all day. I know it's for the best in the long run, but suddenly I feel very alone and scared. But I know God is with me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums