Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of my younger sisters continues to be quite ill.
Her latest battle, an ongoing one, has been against some kind of chronic infection ... manifesting in her legs ... that just doesn't want to go away.
She's been on antibiotics for weeks ... in and out of the hospital ... and it doesn't clear up.
She's currently in the hospital again.

She is a type II diabetic, but they don't seem to talk much about that.
They just can't seem to find the source of the infection, and that's very concerning.
They've said it's not sepsis, but they keep testing ...

My sister and her husband have had a difficult life.
They have a precious grown daughter with Downs Syndrome, and 2 other grown childen.
My niece with Downs has been the focus of their lives, and they have given her a joyful one.

But my sister's health appears to really be under attack. I'm very concerned for her.
Mostly I am concerned for her spiritual well-being.
I think the health battle is wearing her down. It's gone on for a long time now, and it appears there is no end in sight.
How horribly discouraging that must be.

We all need faith to persevere in these trials of life.
If you would, please pray for my sister Jennifer, and that God would bless her with greater faith in Him.

(Thank you.)

:hibiscus:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of my younger sisters continues to be quite ill.
Her latest battle, an ongoing one, has been against some kind of chronic infection ... manifesting in her legs ... that just doesn't want to go away.
She's been on antibiotics for weeks ... in and out of the hospital ... and it doesn't clear up.
She's currently in the hospital again.

She is a type II diabetic, but they don't seem to talk much about that.
They just can't seem to find the source of the infection, and that's very concerning.
They've said it's not sepsis, but they keep testing ...

My sister and her husband have had a difficult life.
They have a precious grown daughter with Downs Syndrome, and 2 other grown childen.
My niece with Downs has been the focus of their lives, and they have given her a joyful one.

But my sister's health appears to really be under attack. I'm very concerned for her.
Mostly I am concerned for her spiritual well-being.
I think the health battle is wearing her down. It's gone on for a long time now, and it appears there is no end in sight.
How horribly discouraging that must be.

We all need faith to persevere in these trials of life.
If you would, please pray for my sister Jennifer, and that God would bless her with greater faith in Him.

(Thank you.)

:hibiscus:
Prayers for Jennifer and the whole family. May God bring His healing touch and grant peace.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Update:
Later today, my sister was officially diagnosed with MRSA.
Test results came back days earlier than expected, and they now know what they are treating and how to treat it.
She remains in the hospital, getting that treatment.

:heart:It would seem that God has already begun to answer our prayers ...
though disappointed with the diagnosis, by sister sounded alittle more hopeful this afternoon.
There is certainly some peace in knowing what is wrong with you, and hope in knowing that your condition is treatable.

Hopefully, her treatment will go well, and they will finally be able to get rid of that very stubborn infection.

:praying:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Update:
Later today, my sister was officially diagnosed with MRSA.
Test results came back days earlier than expected, and they now know what they are treating and how to treat it.
She remains in the hospital, getting that treatment.

:heart:It would seem that God has already begun to answer our prayers ...
though disappointed with the diagnosis, by sister sounded alittle more hopeful this afternoon.
There is certainly some peace in knowing what is wrong with you, and hope in knowing that your condition is treatable.

Hopefully, her treatment will go well, and they will finally be able to get rid of that very stubborn infection.

Lord have mercy! Continued prayers for her and her medical team. May her healing be quick!

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Update:
My sister has been taking her treatment for MRSA at home.
When she texted me yesterday, she sounded like her happy self again ...
and is planning her daughter's upcoming birthday party!

'Thank you, Lord"

(... And thank you all, for your prayers!)

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0