Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You’ve been asked this but won’t answer it.
As @Davidnic posted several times, by your reasoning Christians should have turned in Jews for genocide in Nazi Germany.

@Davidnic
Jesus did, and He was God, so... His example rises a bit higher, granted not in numbers.

Links now include context for those demanding it.

Matthew 26
52 Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?”

John 19
11 Jesus answered him (Pilate), “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego disobey the human government?

It was so all the Kingdom would be have their bodies cut up into little pieces!
And then burned I think. Anyone who did not convert to Christianity was divided up into pieces. You are promoting that example? I feel that the story lesson is that religion creates a very poor form of governance and authority. We should never obey the church as an authority. Under the new covenant, the law is written on our hearts becasue the written law from God is outdated.

I don't mind, but I think there are other ways to go with God that are not so chunky for everyone else.
Bible Gateway passage: Daniel 3 - New International Version

Romans 8
28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
according to you the Jews who offered Jesus up to be tried and punished by Rome should be praised because they were doing what their leaders told them to. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but according to your posts the government can declare, against scripture, that it's okay to murder your child, and it is then a moral and just act because God handed over his sovereignty and law to individual governments who can now sit in God's seat and declare any morality they choose.... am I correct in saying this is the teaching being espoused in your various posts?

God's will is local government, as Jesus explains:

Matthew 26
52 Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?”

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This being a theology thread I am making the statement that on demand abortion is murder as outlined in Exodus 20:13
It is the premeditated killing of human life (Imago Dei) in cold blood.

We no longer live by the written code of God's law as outlined in Exodus 20.

2 Corinthians 3
1 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Hebrews 8
13 By speaking of a new covenant, He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Luke 22
20 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you.

2 Corinthians 3,6
And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 5,17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come!

Hebrews 7,22
Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Hebrews 8,6
Now, however, Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises.

Hebrews 8,8
But God found fault with the people and said: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

Hebrews 9,15
Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 12,24
to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 Corinthians 6:14-18

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what have righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will live with them, and walk among them, and I will be their God and they will be my people."

Therefore,

"Come out from among them and be separate. Touch no unclean thing and I will receive you."

And,

"I will be a Father to you and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." "

Lot left Sodom so he didn't share in her punishment.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For the purposes of this discussion we are speaking of the premeditated decision to end a human life in the womb where the pregnant woman is not at risk of life. So please don’t argue from the life of the mother as before Roe v Wade every state had a provision for the life of the mother.

This being a theology thread I am making the statement that on demand abortion is murder as outlined in Exodus 20:13

It is the premeditated killing of human life (Imago Dei) in cold blood.
what is murder?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Legitimate killing" ! That's a new one for me.

Local law is God's will for man.
Legitimate killing is when
  • God Commanded killing
  • Times of war
  • Execution for crimes
  • Self Defence
  • Defence of others

• Informative
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sky Writing it seems you are endorsing government abortion by sharing verses about law? It doesn't work like that. The theology is simple. Christ said "You would have no authority over me if it were not given to you from above." Jesus did not say he had full authority, only that which was given from above. We are not to resist the higher powers. Christ said, "all authority has been given me." Matthew 28:18. So he is the highest power.

Therefore we must not resist the higher power and believe abortion is a sin. "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb" God knitted us in the womb. Which means he has guided and cared for the entire process. God knows us before the seamen enters the womb, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." We also find "Your eyes even saw me as an embryo; all its parts were written in your book regarding the days when they were formed.

There really is no biblical case to support abortion. The penalty for harming a pregnant woman was death in the case of miscarriage. I might even argue that a woman should not be spared in complication if the child can be born safely. It's called selfless sacrifice.
Your argument is the woman, if her life was at risk, should sacrifice her life and if she doesn't she should be punished by death.... have I understood you correctly?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There really is no biblical case to support abortion. The penalty for harming a pregnant woman was death in the case of miscarriage. I might even argue that a woman should not be spared in complication if the child can be born safely. It's called selfless sacrifice.

Fortunately the laws of God are written on our heart, and that is where we are judged. The laws of God are not in ink or on stone. So instead of you deciding, she gets to decide what is right, in her heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Fortunately the laws of God are written on our heart, and that is where we are judged. The laws of God are not in ink or on stone. So instead of you deciding, she gets to decide what is right, in her heart.

You started with natural law and twisted it right into moral relativism. Which is the opposite of natural law.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what have righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols?

My property has 4 sides and four corners and finding 8 believers would be a hard task. The Amish manage it, but the rest of us have to deal with neighbors. At least one of my neighbors is gay. Which ones are believers...I dunno. And we have guidelines for neighbors:
What Does the Bible Say About How To Treat Others?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if local laws are God's laws... How can God's laws be one thing in one place but a different thing in another?

Why are you asking me? I don't write this stuff.
We know there was more than one king when this was written:

Proverbs 21
1 The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord;
he turns it wherever he will.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Why are you asking me? I don't write this stuff:

Proverbs 21
1 The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord;
he turns it wherever he will.

Bcause you're misinterpreting it all. So in your view God's law is one thing in one place and another in another. Truth is geographic.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bcause you're misinterpreting it all. So in your view God's law is one thing in one place and another in another. Truth is geographic.

God LAW is written in our hearts. God's WILL is the authority given to local government.
I don't write this stuff.

John 19
11 Jesus answered him,
“You would have no
authority over me at all (Authority over Jesus?!)
unless it had been
given you from above.
Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

Here he is saying that Man sinned in his heart rejecting Christ
but Pilate is following God's will with due process and not sinning, so much.
Without following due process, Jesus would not have been crucified.

It odd that nobody sees how important this is to follow government.
Oh well. I am not officially God's Helper. Just a spokesperson I guess.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So it was God's will that someone hand over Jews during the Holocaust?

What happens when God's law conflicts with local law?

So Pilate is not sinning when he condemns Christ to the cross?

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You started with natural law and twisted it right into moral relativism. Which is the opposite of natural law.

Both secular terms and ideas not found in scripture, or anything to be concerned with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We no longer live by the written code of God's law as outlined in Exodus 20.

2 Corinthians 3
1 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some do, letters of recommendation to you, or from you? You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all. And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Hebrews 8
13 By speaking of a new covenant, He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Luke 22
20 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you.

2 Corinthians 3,6
And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 5,17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come!

Hebrews 7,22
Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

Hebrews 8,6
Now, however, Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises.

Hebrews 8,8
But God found fault with the people and said: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

Hebrews 9,15
Therefore Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that He has died to redeem them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 12,24
to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.
You position then is God’s moral law is no longer valid?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, so the question is.....does the soul follow the sperm, or the beath. If the breath, can we really say life is being taken? Please ignore the question of the morality of taking a life.....as I even question one who steps on a bug when it is outside the house.....But I don't call them murderers.
We are made in the image and likeness of God. Hard to ignore.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.