Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the purposes of this discussion we are speaking of the premeditated decision to end a human life in the womb where the pregnant woman is not at risk of life. So please don’t argue from the life of the mother as before Roe v Wade every state had a provision for the life of the mother.

This being a theology thread I am making the statement that on demand abortion is murder as outlined in Exodus 20:13

It is the premeditated killing of human life (Imago Dei) in cold blood.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the purposes of this discussion we are speaking of the premeditated decision to end a human life in the womb where the pregnant woman is not at risk of life. So please don’t argue from the life of the mother as before Roe v Wade every state had a provision for the life of the mother.This being a theology thread I am making the statement that on demand abortion is murder as outlined in Exodus 20:13

That is a valid decision and application of scripture.
Should we set up a committee to control the outcome and life of every female, in any place, to ensure the pregnancy is given
-full healthcare,
-full mental healthcare
-full financial support
-and whatever level of physical activity we deem is the healthiest for the fetus?

Mental studies show that the first 3 years are important for brain development so at least 3 years of support to suport brain function and minimize deaths.

Now, with global warming, the house and senate may decide the agency
terminate every documented case of pregnancy for the 0 to 3 year olds already in the system. Good idea to have government control pregnancies?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should we set up a committee to control the outcome and life of every female, in any place, to ensure the pregnancy is given
-full healthcare,
-full mental healthcare
-full financial support
-and whatever level of physical activity we deem is the healthiest for the fetus?

Mental studies show that the first 3 years are important for brain development so at least 3 years of support to suport brain function and minimize deaths.

Now, with global warming, the majority may decide the agency end every documented case of pregnancy for the 0 to 3 year old already in the system. Good idea?
You mean sweeten the pot to avoid murder?

Many have already been doing this with intervention, pre and post birth care to include financial support. Your brothers and sisters in Christ do this daily.

However would you like to address the OP on the statement of on demand abortion is murder?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mean sweeten the pot to avoid murder?

Many have already been doing this with intervention, pre and post birth care to include financial support. Your brothers and sisters in Christ do this daily.

However would you like to address the OP on the statement of on demand abortion is murder?

Should government have more control over abortions or less?
I vote for less control so women can keep their babies
and not have them aborted by the whims of governments.

• Agree
Reactions: Thomas Cooper
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe, as well, that all those who have abortions, should receive the max murder sentence
(jail time)....the same given to murderers of the living outside of the womb?
This is a theology thread. What is the penalty for unrepented sin?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

and not have them aborted by governments.
Thank you for answering. And I do acknowledge as in the days of the early church taking in unwanted children we are called as well to save children.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the purposes of this discussion we are speaking of the premeditated decision to end a human life in the womb where the pregnant woman is not at risk of life.

These women should be given life in prison? I don't feel that is scriptural.
I don't think God would approve of them found guilty of murder.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and not have them aborted by the whims of governments.
Again I put this in the theology section for a reason so we could have a discussion as Christians.

The Caesars eventually died out and the cruelty of the Roman Empire went along with it. Governments come and go but the Truth of God and His Holiness prevails.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It feel and you are free to disagree with me that if done in the first trimester it should be legal, and therefore by that logic it is not murder ( otherwise I would be saying murder should be legal which of course not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for answering. And I do acknowledge as in the days of the early church taking in unwanted children we are called as well to save children.
Thank you for avoiding all my questions. I will keep it up.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It feel and you are free to disagree with me that if done in the first trimester it should be legal, and therefore by that logic it is not murder ( otherwise I would be saying murder should be legal which of course not.
What makes the first trimester different from the rest morally speaking?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What makes the first trimester different from the rest morally speaking?
During the first trimester if something were to happen to the mother an accident, she being murdered falling dead from a heart attack whatever the case happened to be there is no way that baby could be saved. Much later, than that however and with medical advancements and help the baby would have a shot.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again I put this in the theology section for a reason so we could have a discussion as Christians.

You're in luck. I happen to be one. We can focus on scripture and avoid my questions on your solution then.

Romans 13:1-7
For government is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, because it does not carry the sword for no reason. For government is God's servant, an avenger that brings wrath on the one who does wrong.

Proverbs 8:15
By me kings reign, and rulers enact just laws;

Proverbs 24:21
My son, fear the LORD and the king, and do not associate with the rebellious.

Daniel 4:17
This decision is the decree of the watchers, the verdict declared by the holy ones, so that the living will know that the Most High is ruler over the kingdom of mankind, and gives it to whom He wishes, setting over it the lowliest of men.'

John 19:11
Jesus answered, "You would have no authority over Me if it were not given to you from above.

Romans 13:2
Consequently, the one who resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

1 Timothy 2:2
for kings and all those in authority, so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity.

Titus 3:1
Remind the believers to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient and ready for every good work,

1 Peter 2:13
Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to the king as the supreme authority,

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This being a theology thread I am making the statement that on demand abortion is murder as outlined in Exodus 20:13

The law says that is wrong. The women and doctors and nurses and hospitals and insurance agencies are not - guilty of murder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cow herders put to death over wild oxen are not premeditated murders?
I would think it would be. Lets let women off the hook.

“But if the ox has been accustomed to gore in the past, and its owner has been warned but has not kept it in, and it kills a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned, and its owner also shall be put to death” (Exodus 21:29)

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The law says that is wrong. The women and doctors and nurses and hospitals and insurance agencies are not - guilty of murder.

Just laws. The killing of an innocent made in the Image of God is never just.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
During the first trimester if something were to happen to the mother an accident, she being murdered falling dead from a heart attack whatever the case happened to be there is no way that baby could be saved. Much later, than that however and with medical advancements and help the baby would have a shot.

The problem I have with that is it makes chance of survival the benchmark for how we treat one made in the Image of God.

There are many times when a human being may not be viable without medical help or not be viable at all. but that cannot objectively change that they are human and in the Image of God.

So I think that is where that reasoning runs into a problem.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just laws. The killing of an innocent made in the Image of God is never just.

So farmers are worthy of death? Too ugly for you? I don't agree with scripture as you see it.

“But if the ox has been accustomed to gore in the past, and its owner has been warned but has not kept it in, and it kills a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned, and its owner also shall be put to death” (Exodus 21:29)

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem I have with that is it makes chance of survival the benchmark for how we treat one made in the Image of God.

I believe it is the spirit that is made in the image of God....not the flesh.......i would liken the flesh to the dust of the ground.....to which it will return..... I do not believe abortion kills souls or spirits.....only flesh.......

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.