Olivet Discourse and Revelation Same Event?

Yes or No on Olivet Discourse and Revelation same event

• I view them as the same event

• I do not view them as the same event

• My denomination has no view on it

• Other [please elaborate]

Results are only viewable after voting.
H

Heavens

Hello!
I voted as has the majority, that both accounts are in reference to the same events.
The Olivet prophecy is the "revelation of Jesus Christ" of His day of vengeance promised upon that whorish widowed ex-wife Jerusalem, fulfilling all the pertinent O.T. scriptures.
As we know, He did it by the hand of General Titus in AD 70 when He destroyed the old city Jerusalem and it's dragon/satan pharisytical religious system, delivering the True New Jerusalem Christians out of the city into the wilderness.
Blessings!

Upvote 0

the geech

Mar 5, 2011
✟7,636.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Heavens said:
Hello!
I voted as has the majority, that both accounts are in reference to the same events.
The Olivet prophecy is the "revelation of Jesus Christ" of His day of vengeance promised upon that whorish widowed ex-wife Jerusalem, fulfilling all the pertinent O.T. scriptures.
As we know, He did it by the hand of General Titus in AD 70 when He destroyed the old city Jerusalem and it's dragon/satan pharisytical religious system, delivering the True New Jerusalem Christians out of the city into the wilderness.
Blessings!

QFT! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Heavens Hello!
Blessings!
:)
Perhaps you and others can help me out on this thread as I myself view OC Jerusalem as symbolizing the "queen" in Reve 18:7. Thanks :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/t5617198/
She who sits as queen, not widow, never mourns

Revelation 18:7 As much as She glorifies herself and indulges, be giving to Her tormenting and mourning.
That in Her heart she is saying 'I am sitting as Queen and widow not I am, and mourning not I shall be seeing'.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
H

Heavens

Originally Posted by Heavens Hello!
Blessings!
:)
Perhaps you and others can help me out on this thread as I myself view OC Jerusalem as symbolizing the "queen" in Reve 18:7. Thanks :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/t5617198/
She who sits as queen, not widow, never mourns

Revelation 18:7 As much as She glorifies herself and indulges, be giving to Her tormenting and mourning.
That in Her heart she is saying 'I am sitting as Queen and widow not I am, and mourning not I shall be seeing'.

For sure lamb :)

The lesson for us begins in Genesis.
It begins with Judah being promised a KING of His line;

(Gen 49:10) The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

That Son to come forth from Judah, was to have a Wife sharing in His Royalty, which we know was "typified" when God married Israel in the Wilderness.

But that wife was suppose to "sit a widow" and await Him as the younger son was to be raised up (type of Christ resurrected). Only then could she share in His royalty;

(Gen 38:11) Then said Judah to Tamar his daughter in law, Remain a widow at thy father's house, till Shelah my son be grown: for he said, Lest peradventure he die also, as his brethren did. And Tamar went and dwelt in her father's house.

"sit a widow" in the LXX is quoted "sit a widow" in the greek in this N.T. parallel scripture;

(Luk 24:49) And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

(tarry in greek 2523 = "sit")

The Israelite disciples under the law, were "widowed" when the Jews killed her husband in crucifying Jesus, rejected Jesus from being their Lord God Husband.

They were instructed by Jesus to await His Marriage to them, which we see happened (and is still happening) as in Acts chapter 2 and on throughout the rest of the N.T.

Back in Genesis, Judah told Tamar, his widowed daughter, to "sit a widow" and await the younger son.

But she didn't. (type = christians who marry themselves to Jewish doctines of devils rather than awaiting Christ to come into them by His Holy Spirit).

Instead, she ignored the command to await the "coming" of the younger son, (Jesus resurrected), and coupled herself with Judah in whoredom instead of His Son!

Which is the present state of "Christians" who, instead of being remarried in the New Covenant to the Holy Spirit of Christ resurrected (As in Acts 2)...
insist on climbing in bed with that unredeemed fornicating "Judah"!

The pharisees and non-believing Jews, in their fornication, have taken those who don't wait for the younger son to come into them by the Holy Spirit, and commited adultery with the Jews instead. All in bed together in "dispensationalism" and "futurism".

That widow in Revelation, is simply the non-believing Jews who don't believe in or receive Christ coming in the Holy Spirit as in Pentecost.

The Kings who fornicate with this adulterous nation, are the Christians who have swallowed the blasphemy that claims that the "Jews are God's chosen people", and are in bed together in one abomination that makes them altogether desolate in their "end-times" delusions.

So in the Olivet prophecy and in Revelation, she is told to "get out of that condemned Jerusalem of old Judah" so that she wouldn't be a partaker of the burning destruction reserved for the harlot in being "burnt".

(Rev 17:16) And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

It happened in AD 70.
She was burnt to a crisp, while the true New Jerusalem Wife of Jesus escaped out of the jerusalem harlot into the wilderness.

Some say this is all about to occur again in a double fulfillment. What do you think about that lamb?

Blessings to you this day brother! :wave:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*snip*For sure lamb :)

.............It happened in AD 70.
She was burnt to a crisp, while the true New Jerusalem Wife of Jesus escaped out of the jerusalem harlot into the wilderness.

Some say this is all about to occur again in a double fulfillment. What do you think about that lamb?

Blessings to you this day brother! :wave:
HI heavens
According to Revelation 18, if one believes it is OC Jerusalem showing in Rev, she received "double" already.
I don't think the Jews could handle another fulfillment :wave:
Btw, are you still on CF?

Isaiah 40:2Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord's hands, doubles/<1362> dipla for all her sins.
[Reve 18:6?]

Revelation 18:6 Render to Her as also she did render to ye, and double/diplwsate <1363> (5657) to Her doubles/dipla <1362> according to Her works; in the cup/pothriw <4221> that She did mingle, mingle to Her double/diploun <1362>.
[Isaiah 40:2?]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

strangertoo

sin is diabolical abuse of fellow humans-1John 3:8
Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
the scripture reveals that no-one can be saved without spirit baptism :-

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

and ALSO that God cannot enter anyone who is still a sinner, who has not chnaged to Love as all promise to do in water baptism [excepting little babies who can't and sinners who do not understand that water baptism is a ritual gestiure of one's decision to kill sin within, to die to sin ...

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
12 ... If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

this then is the FUNDAMENTAL cause of all the DISAGREEMENT here ... sinners are not prophesied to agree until the amn of sin has world power over all men except a few saints [Matt 7:14, Jude 1:14, Rev 7:3-8] who are alone saved at Jesus return and the many are destroyed [Mat 7:13]

so it is clear that these things have not happened yet even before looking at the details which have not been fulfilled ... but the point is that few indeed were ever even meant to be saved in this earth at Jesus' return , the many are destroyed [Matt 7:13] but countless amny of them saved at judgement day , LATER then [Rev 7:9-10]

thus to understand scripture TRULY one must FIRST stop sinning so God can INSPIRE His Truth within by spirit baptism [John 16:13] ... the incredible DIVISION of religion is simply because men will not yet stop sinning to receive God within... but without that there can be no TRUTH except that which is consistent with ALL the words of God by His few saints and prophets... words which the Spirit confirms have been somewhat altered and mistranslated by sinners, as we can even see because the ONLY COPIES we have of scripture ALL DIFFER , showing that sinners have altered the word of God to suit their own diverse versions WITHOUT the Spirit which would have united them in the ONE Truth of God...

thus it is completely FRUITLESS to argue with sinners who have FIXED belief BEFORE spirit baptism... call it faith, but it is empty faith that DIVIDES sinners... the Truth divided sinners from those that stop sinning, saints, baptised of teh Holy Spirit, taught by God , not men...

those FEW [Matt 7:14] under grace do NOT TEACH one another because God teaches them ALL Himself in spirit baptism into ONE Truth... thus sinners just wallow in lies of sinners which are obvious by current division of beliefs of sinners ...

the answer is simply to stop sinning, but habitual sinners simply refuse, choose rather to invent religion that supports continual sin and promises falsely salvation of those who continue to sin after water baptism :-

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Jesus says he will not take any that are still sinners by his return :-

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

again it is transparently obvious, men MUST stop sinning before God can save them through spirit baptism to know all truth and trial to perfect love in life [baptism of 'fire'] :-

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

clearly no sinner knows God or Jesus at all until they stop sinning, so why listen to their empty teachings :-

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil

we know from Jesus that almost all the world WILL follow Satan's version of Christianity [Rev 13:3-4] and we see Christianity divided when it could not be so if led by the Holy Spirit into one Truth of God...

so the answer can only be to stop sinning and hope it is not too late, that one can stop and receive God within to know Love, know God, and live God's way nw, ese the wages of sin is DEATH, the divided teachings of sinners are then LETHAL, the united teachings of sinners over the whole world kill almost everyone [Matt 7:13, Rev 13:3-4]

Jesus' warning then , sin is mundicidious, the destroyer of this world in the hands of Satan the final Antichrist [coming in place of Christ returnedand false god of the many, convincing men in sin ...

Jesus warned us Satan MUST come first as a false Christ claiming he is God ... so clearly this has not happened...

but equally clearly, of the many destroyed in this life [Matt 7:14], countless many are later saved [Rev 7:9-10] ... it is NOT what sinners teach in the worldwide churches of sinners led by self-ordained 'sinner priesthoods' , all different for now , but will unite under Satan according to Jesus, withh one thing in common, they cannot receive the Holy Spirit simply because they refuse to stop sinning and perfect their Love... so they will die in sin... and countless many be saved later, not by grace of the new covenant with Israel's descendants , both Jew and those of the house of israel paganised and living as gentiles for Millennia now [Heb 8:8-12] ... NOTE the covenant of grace is FORGIVENESS of Israel's descendants despite the rejection of THEIR fathers... READ God's covenant, it says grace is ONLY for those whose fathers broke the old covenant... EXACTLY the OPPOSITE of what sinners teach worldwide already, denying the very gospel of the new covenant Jesus sent his saints to preach to find the lost House of Israel...

again it is obvious the work is not finished yet for either the saints or Satan... but as jesus says ,it is the lies that win over the whole earth, not God's Truth... so read the saints and prophets of God, not the sinners... and more importantly stop sinning because of what scripture says , then God will reveal all Truth [john 16:13] else one will be destroyed for sin [matt 7:13] and salvation is later [e.g. Rev 7:9-10]

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
the scripture reveals that no-one can be saved without spirit baptism :-

again it is obvious the work is not finished yet for either the saints or Satan... but as jesus says ,it is the lies that win over the whole earth, not God's Truth... so read the saints and prophets of God, not the sinners... and more importantly stop sinning because of what scripture says , then God will reveal all Truth [john 16:13] else one will be destroyed for sin [matt 7:13] and salvation is later [e.g. Rev 7:9-10]
Not sure how all of your post applies to the simple question of the OP.

Thanks for responding tho.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I voted "other" because in the Olivet Discourse Jesus is answering two different questions at the same time, viz., "when will these things be", and "what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age". The first question's answers relate to the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70, whereas the second question's answers relate to the Second Coming.

I have written a 13-page paper on the Olivet Discourse, harmonizing all of the Gospel accounts. I'd be glad to share it with anyone who's interested. (Sorry, I don't know how to attach a pdf file to a reply.)

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Not sure how all of your post applies to the simple question of the OP.

Thanks for responding tho.

In the first instance I was pointing out that your method is wrong, one cannot determine the truth of God by means of a poll or by asking sinners what they think/believe

in the second instance the scripture tells us how to find out not just this, but all Truth of God and to now the future , so to answer the question directly and personally from God Himseklf by the Holy Spirit... no room for any opinions of sinners, no room for corruption at all, absolute Truth of God ...

I just thought you might like to know the Truth instead of a pile of views where the greatest likelihood [about 2,999,999 out of three million] is that all are based on false reasons as sinners do not know God according to scripture , cannot be baptised to knwo all truth [John 16:13] until ceasing from all sin so past sin can be forgiven [grace]...

just in case you or anyone else here were actually interested in God's Truth on this matter [and all other questions for that matter]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the first instance I was pointing out that your method is wrong, one cannot determine the truth of God by means of a poll or by asking sinners what they think/believe

just in case you or anyone else here were actually interested in God's Truth on this matter [and all other questions for that matter]
What the heck are you going on about?
Stay on the topic please, ok?

NKJV) Mark 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, "How [is it] that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?"

Revelation 14:11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever;
and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Lazarus
Jesus vs the Pharisees

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
What the heck are you going on about?
Stay on the topic please, ok?

If you read what I quoted which God said through the saints, you will find it is on topic and if you do it , then as God promises , you will know the answer to your OP question from God Himself... far better than asking sinners...
NKJV) Mark 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, "How [is it] that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?"

Jesus ate with and talked with sinners to see who would stop sinning and so get baptised of the spirit ... no-one can get baptised by God , have God within , until they stop sinning and change to obeying God by loving... as John pointed out God will come in to anyone who Loves, but cannot enter anyone who remains a sinner... so simply by ceasing to sin one receives all Truth of God and knowledge of the future direct from God [John 16:13]

Revelation 14:11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever;
and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

seek a better [literal] translation , not 'for ever and ever' which is actually meaningless , but 'to the ages of ages ' , to the end of finite time , which is the end of this [space-time] universe ... but God creates another to complete the prophesied acceptance of Jesus by all creation :-

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb to the end of the ages

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you read what I quoted which God said through the saints, you will find it is on topic and if you do it , then as God promises , you will know the answer to your OP question from God Himself... far better than asking sinners...
Whatever you say :thumbsup: :bow:

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
My whole point is that its not my words but those of God , which anyone can receive from God to verify what the saints say in scripture , simply by stopping sinning ...

thus there is no point taking a poll of sinners, as you choose to do, if one wants the truth of God ...

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My whole point is that its not my words but those of God , which anyone can receive from God to verify what the saints say in scripture , simply by stopping sinning ...

thus there is no point taking a poll of sinners, as you choose to do, if one wants the truth of God ...
:confused:
Not sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate?

Poll results as of today:

I view them as the same event
clear.gif
23 58.97%
I do not view them as the same event 5 12.82%
My denomination has no view on it 1 2.56%
Other [please elaborate] 10 25.64%

Upvote 0